Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 7:52:12 PM EDT
fiberlite stock

" />

I know, I know.  It's probably junk. But I figure it's worth the $11 shipped to find out if it's usable. I've heard a lot of that airsoft stuff is actually  pretty durable. My cousin is looking for a small N1 style stock, but doesn't want to pay the prices they are bringing. He doing a cheap build and this may fit the bill.

I see there in a notch in the front. Be interesting to see how it compares to my rear fiberlite stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the toys they come out with these days are unbelievably real looking, including airsoft parts. I'd never trust a toy part on a real firearm but that's just me. I figure there's plenty of cheap commercial Fiberlite stock assemblies out there, there isn't really a reason to buy fake toy parts to put on your gun in this market. I'm in no way criticising you Kaiserman, I'm just speaking my mind. Please don't get offended.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Let us know if it actually works.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know. Some of those airsoft guys really put their rifles through there paces and the stuff holds up. A buddies kid is into them, and has some high end ones. I couldn't tell any difference in quality on a lot of the parts when I held it.

Like I said, I  think it was worth $11 to see what it's about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Things like a stock are often times exactly the same plastic/ polymer material and quality as the original. Like everything ,some clones are better than others but many airsoft parts like stocks and front grips are the same product as the original.
I would not trust an airsoft part to take pressure or replace an internal working part of a gun but the good replicas of plastic acces. parts are fine.  You will get a different opinion from many people here but the same people likely have replica parts on their own guns and do not even realize it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know. Some of those airsoft guys really put their rifles through there paces and the stuff holds up. A buddies kid is into them, and has some high end ones. I couldn't tell any difference in quality on a lot of the parts when I held it.

Like I said, I  think it was worth $11 to see what it's about.
View Quote

There was a guy buying up Colt M4 Airsoft Carbines and selling the rails, stocks, etc for 3-4 times the price of each airsoft gun on Ebay, it took some time til he got caught. By the time they went after him, he empied his PP account and laughed his way to the bank with a very hefty profit.. I know exactly what you are saying because I held one of the Colt 6920 airsoft clones and was amazed at the lengths they went to putting the exact detail into every part down to the smallest things non-AR guys/gals wouldn't ever even notice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these plastic stocks Ive been thinking about putting up on the EE.  It has an N and 1 near the lever, seems like the only markings on it.  What are these going for on the EE?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one of these plastic stocks Ive been thinking about putting up on the EE.  It has an N and 1 near the lever, seems like the only markings on it.  What are these going for on the EE?
View Quote

Yours Sounds like a REAL Colt Fiberlite stock, your susposed to go to the appraisals thread at the top of the Retro Section for that. If your stock is real then it is worth asking.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yours Sounds like a REAL Colt Fiberlite stock, your susposed to go to the appraisals thread at the top of the Retro Section for that. If your stock is real then it is worth asking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your help, Ill go up there.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top