Had trouble editing other post with the new pics.  So here they are

Bolt marked MP hard to photo

Real deal TET '68/'69
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That thing turned out great. Well done!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
nice, mag button original too?  where'd you score that from?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice, mag button original too?  where'd you score that from?
View Quote

Lionel notice the parked FP retainer pin?

ETA: That has to be one of the cleanest, nicest condition 601 uppers I've seen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
yes the mag buttons real This gun was built over six years ago and parts were still available I bought the mag button from a member Tim Pennington And I got the stock from Member" Quiet" he posted on retro blk rifle that if anyone would send Tex 250.00 for the site he would send a stock in return.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
can you post a close up pic of the firing pin retaining pin split?  is it parked or chromed?  can't tell if it's just dirty or parked.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#6]
also a close up pic of the mag button too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
that's just insane how long did it take you to source all the parts?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#8]
the retaining pin is a steel blk color and smooth like the finish has wore off kind of like the guide pin gets in some bolt carriers, This barrel came from the Philippines and was on EEI the member aeyoung said he had three and this was the last one for sale I soaked it in Aero Kroil and then gave it a good scrubbing with a M16 cleaning brush. I think the picture is still onEE about page 8 or 9 author aeyoung a  great guy He has another for sale I the Its a SP1 with the bushing he was selling them to pay for a wedding.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
hip shot   I think it is the way the light is hitting the fp pin.   The duck bill has a knurled split washer
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
over six years the gun has been together. I post it a couple years ago on a post from HK shooter show your 601. I could have bought a 1/14 barrel back when I built it they were showing every so often but I opted for a Mvp so I could shoot 556 I saw this barrel and they are getting any cheaper so I got it and replace the Mvp . If this barrel would have gone on gun broker I would not been able to by it. there were over 900 viewed this barrel before I bought it It took two trys to get it I made him a offer and he said NO  I waited a couple days and said I will Take it .
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Lionel
  I will email you the pics you asked for ;
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys I figured ya all would like to see it  I have a early 604 just as nice I will post square forge and it has the  rebate to match the lower
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
over six years the gun has been together. I post it a couple years ago on a post from HK shooter show your 601. I could have bought a 1/14 barrel back when I built it they were showing every so often but I opted for a Mvp so I could shoot 556 I saw this barrel and they are getting any cheaper so I got it and replace the Mvp . If this barrel would have gone on gun broker I would not been able to by it. there were over 900 viewed this barrel before I bought it It took two trys to get it I made him a offer and he said NO  I waited a couple days and said I will Take it .
View Quote

If you want to build another I saw a Winchester 1/14 on the EE about a week ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
can you post a close up pic of the firing pin retaining pin split?  is it parked or chromed?  can't tell if it's just dirty or parked.
View Quote

so the firing pin retainer pin is parked right? sure looks lke it to me.....

ETAPost up pics of that early 604, maybe start a new thread. I love 604's.....
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the taper looks like the aftermarket ones i've seen.  a pic of the split and head will help identify it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#16]
That is a thing of Beauty, I love 601's
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

the taper looks like the aftermarket ones i've seen.  a pic of the split and head will help identify it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need a bigger picture of it in front of a white piece of printer paper to get a real good look at it, pictures are too small.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Your did a beautiful job on that Model 601.  It's a work of art.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

did he send you a closeup pic of the retainer pin? I'd need a closeup to compare mine to, his definately has more wear. I'm thinking it's either real or an old reproduction.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:02:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

did he send you a closeup pic of the retainer pin? I'd need a closeup to compare mine to, his definately has more wear. I'm thinking it's either real or an old reproduction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not yet.  if you post a pic of yours i can take a look.  i have several originals and the ends do vary in shape but the split and splay are pretty unique.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

not yet.  if you post a pic of yours i can take a look.  i have several originals and the ends do vary in shape but the split and splay are pretty unique.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good idea! Do you have trouble keeping them from sliding out on their own? I'd like to open up split a little so it fits more snug but I'm sooo afraid of breaking one side off like a wishbone.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#23]
The ends can be spread but it must be done very carefully.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing to point out here is a parked retainer pin isn't correct for a 601, you need a chrome machined pin. If I had a 601 that nice I'd spare no expense making sure it was correct to the minute detail. I did so with my 602 build, that's why it took me years to finish it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:25:05 AM EDT
[#25]
hip Shot post some pics of your 601
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:51:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
hip Shot post some pics of your 601
View Quote

I sent you an email
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top