Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2014 8:21:34 AM EDT
I remember seeing some posts referring to a write up by J T with instructions for lining up a canted FSB, or something along those lines. It seems no matter what I search for I come up empty handed, so any help is appreciated. Can anyone provide a link to the post? TIA
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I remember seeing some posts referring to a write up by J T with instructions for lining up a canted FSB, or something along those lines. It seems no matter what I search for I come up empty handed, so any help is appreciated. Can anyone provide a link to the post? TIA
View Quote

Ask the man yourself if you can't find it.  Will the real John Thomas please stand up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ask the man yourself if you can't find it.  Will the real John Thomas please stand up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google it

My solution is relatively simple, rotate the barrel.  It helps to know how much movement your barrel index pin has within the receiver pin slot.  If there's a lot of slop there, you may be able to rotate the barrel to one side or the other and get the front sight lined up.  What I like to do is make sure the barrel index pin is tight against one side of the slot (whichever direction your front sight needs to be turned).  Then I center the rear peep and shoot at 25 yards.  One you know how far off your sight is with the peep centered, you can go back and rotate the barrel for the windage needed.  Opening up the receiver index slot .0045" will allow the barrel to rotate 1" of windage at 25 yards (for a 20" barrel with a standard fsb).  You can use a stack of feeler gauges to measure how much you've opened up the slot.  Obviously you want to open up the slot in the direction the FSB needs to travel.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top