Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2014 12:31:45 PM EDT
I am putting together another NDS XM lower and the bolt stop roll pin just falls through. It appears the hole is oversized. I've never encountered this problem before. Has anyone ever had to use a bigger bolt stop roll pin?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any larger roll pins handy?

NDS dimensions have always been perfect in my case.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
i'd try another LPKs roll pin.  more than likely roll pin issue.  even if the hole was oversized, i'd mod the cheapest part.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
This roll pin came out of another NDS lower and it was pretty tight. The only other roll pins I have are the ones that come with the NDS XM and 601 lowers. I do not use them and it looks like it might be the next size up. I just have to cut the length. I have had upper to lower fitting problems on quite a few of mine, but never a LPK fitting problem. These blems fit perfect. I was shocked when the pin just fell through.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#4]
if you have drill bits handy, use them to measure the size of the holes btw the 2 lowers.  if it's out of spec, i'm sure nds will make it right.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you have drill bits handy, use them to measure the size of the holes btw the 2 lowers.  if it's out of spec, i'm sure nds will make it right.
View Quote

Harlan suggested the XM/601 roll pin. Worked pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^this
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Just curious, was this a RRA LPK? I did the same thing last night. It would just push through by hand, and the trigger guard pin wasn't as bad, but loose. I emailed them, and told me to spread the pins before I put them in next time. This is a blemished lower 16A1. I asked in the email if this is what the loose fitment was, and he said no, top to lower fitment {like I figured} it is really perfect in that regard. The RRA LPK had the wrong size trigger pins in the kit to top all of this, so I blame the lpk. I called RRA and they are sending me new trigger pins.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just curious, was this a RRA LPK? I did the same thing last night. It would just push through by hand, and the trigger guard pin wasn't as bad, but loose. I emailed them, and told me to spread the pins before I put them in next time. This is a blemished lower 16A1. I asked in the email if this is what the loose fitment was, and he said no, top to lower fitment {like I figured} it is really perfect in that regard. The RRA LPK had the wrong size trigger pins in the kit to top all of this, so I blame the lpk. I called RRA and they are sending me new trigger pins.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure its a DPMS kit. The buffer intersect pin I used was a little loose also and its a bigger diameter pin. The trigger guard pin went in easy but tight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you contacted Harlan or Mike about the issue?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Tagged for later information.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have you contacted Harlan or Mike about the issue?
View Quote

I did. He said to spread the roll pins out a bit and it should be fine. Their response was very fast to my concern. I just have never with any LPK had to spread the pins to make them work.

Most of my RRA LPK's have been quality and no problems, but this last one I had did have the wrong size trigger pins in it. I stopped the build. I am going to wait till I get a whole new LPK, I was just going to wait on the new trigger pins to see if there is any difference, I ordered it just now so we will see. I have had to re spread roll pins when I re-used them, but never on the first go.

edit:spelling
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top