Posted: 8/16/2014 4:29:46 AM EDT
This here interactive map might have a few clues about some of them:

Some went here
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
My county didn't get anything :(
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The nearby little town of Cottonwood just got an armored vehicle. Really? I am not in favor of the militarization of police forces.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The nearby little town of Cottonwood just got an armored vehicle. Really? I am not in favor of the militarization of police forces.
View Quote

I'm more concerned that the smaller the delta between what the cops have and what non-sworn civilians can privately possess, the more anti-gun politicians and groups will agitate to widen that gap by further restrictions on what non-sworn civilians can privately possess.  In light of that concern, I honestly hope that as the Obama administration implements its announced plans to reduce the US strategic nuclear arsenal, they transfer the surplus nukes to local police departments.  If the cops are reduced the Barney Fife's empty revolver and one cartridge in the pocket, they probably won't let us have airsoft AR's.  Far better that the cops patrol in MRAP's with fully automatic weapons and the contents of my gun safe is not questionable on the basis that I outgun the police.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm more concerned that the smaller the delta between what the cops have and what non-sworn civilians can privately possess, the more anti-gun politicians and groups will agitate to widen that gap by further restrictions on what non-sworn civilians can privately possess.  In light of that concern, I honestly hope that as the Obama administration implements its announced plans to reduce the US strategic nuclear arsenal, they transfer the surplus nukes to local police departments.  If the cops are reduced the Barney Fife's empty revolver and one cartridge in the pocket, they probably won't let us have airsoft AR's.  Far better that the cops patrol in MRAP's with fully automatic weapons and the contents of my gun safe is not questionable on the basis that I outgun the police.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yall do understand that most of the military grade stuff leos get is usually reserved for swat teams special paramilitary units or set aside for when those teams are not available?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
holy cats, we got 800 rifles and 16 helicopters!

hog hunt!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
LA County:

3,408 "Assault" Rifles
1,696  Body Armor Pieces
827 Night Vision Pieces
44 Pistols  
15 Helicopters
4 Armored  Vehicles
3 Grenade Launchers
3 Mine Resistant Vehicles
1 Plane

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
My county got 9 assault weapons, 8 pistols, and 3 shotguns.
I have no problem with that.
In our household that's called "a good start."
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Has to be a load of shit. Says my county has gotten 14 assault rifles. The real number is seven. I know because I help maintain them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#9]
it says they were ALLOTTED  14,  i can see 7 making it to the racks, easily.
it's called "shrinkage" in retail.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Current county has

144 "assault" rifles (A GROSS OF GUNS!)
1 helicopter

Retirement county has

271 "assault" rifles
4 helicopters
2 Grenade Launchers
1 Mine Resistant Vehicle

I am not a big fan of the full scale militarization of the local LEO's.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE LEO's but power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I guess we should all be happy the didn't get any artillery!
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have no problem with that. A fully armored Rhino or whatever it's called, with a turret on top to mount a LMG is just overboard. I want community policing, not the 82nd Airborne in my town. No offense 82nd  guys - I'm just drawing a parallel. I am against the militarization of police - the next step will be a 'Federal Police Force' as Obama has mentioned before at least 2X that I've heard. You guys really good with that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Grenade launchers?
I get 37mm launchers for CS rounds, but 40mm M203s?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Why buy off the shelf when you can get it free?  My PD has M16a1 patrol carbines that are M4 clones in semi. A gunsmith swaps the retro stuff for the modern stuff. At little or no cost to the taxpayers.

Would you rather the M16s were shredded and the PD bought semis from the open market?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why buy off the shelf when you can get it free?  My PD has M16a1 patrol carbines that are M4 clones in semi. A gunsmith swaps the retro stuff for the modern stuff. At little or no cost to the taxpayers.

Would you rather the M16s were shredded and the PD bought semis from the open market?
View Quote

Yes.

Getting "free" stuff from the Gov't is like a gateway drug.

First, you are getting free M-16s. Next, your "Uncle" is calling on you to return the favor.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My county didn't get anything :(
View Quote

Very funny, Doc.

My county got some night vision equipment, and that is all. I am Ok with that.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah pretty mundane for DFW area.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Interesting how some of the most liberal states who heavily restrict private weapons ownership have received most of the stuff.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think guns kill people, I think people kill people.

So to me the guns are not the problem with LEO's.  If there are screw ups, it's the LEO 's fault.....not the equipment.  Demonizing the equipment as the reason for LEO
mishaps is the same thing as people demonizing guns in hands of civies.  Change the power structure and training, not the tools.

Looking at pictures of the riots in the 1960's we see cops with M1 and M2 Carbines and other military items.  I absolutely understand the "1984" concept and anxiety
that people are experiencing.  But COC rules forbid me from expressing my reasons why I am socially comfortable with cops obtaining military equipment. Of course there is a limit as with anything.  The problem as I see it is our social fabric, not the tools on the shelf.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cottonwood?  As it Cottonwood, CA?????  Talk about ridiculous.  The town is so small, it would take the entire PD to crew it!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't think guns kill people, I think people kill people.

So to me the guns are not the problem with LEO's.  If there are screw ups, it's the LEO 's fault.....not the equipment.  Demonizing the equipment as the reason for LEO
mishaps is the same thing as people demonizing guns in hands of civies.  Change the power structure and training, not the tools.

Looking at pictures of the riots in the 1960's we see cops with M1 and M2 Carbines and other military items.  I absolutely understand the "1984" concept and anxiety
that people are experiencing.  But COC rules forbid me from expressing my reasons why I am socially comfortable with cops obtaining military equipment. Of course there is a limit as with anything.  The problem as I see it is our social fabric, not the tools on the shelf.

Could not have said it better myself

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I commented on this topic a while back and was really shocked by the number of members here—pro-gun, pro-freedom, Constitution-loving members—who leapt to the defense of the militarization of PDs.
Please understand, I am pro-law & order.  I am pro-LEO.  Tomorrow evening, in fact, I will be attending my son’s graduation from an LE academy here in PA and will be helping him look for work as a Fed.
I am also pro-military.  I’m a vet, my dad was a vet, my grandfather was a vet…I’ve traced my family’s uniformed service at least as far back as the Civil War (so far).
And I am pro-gun.  I happen to own a few myself--including registered machine guns.

But I feel like I need to remind some people that police departments are part of the government (that doesn't mean they're good or bad--it's simply a statement of structure).  Federal police are part of the federal government.  State police are part of the state government.  Local police are part of the local government.
No argument here so far, right?

Then remember:  the 2nd Amendment does NOT protect the rights of the government.

The 2nd Amendment, as we all know, is not about hunting.  It’s not about sport shooting.  Until Heller, it wasn’t really even about personal defense against crime.  It was written as insurance against the threat of a tyrannical government.  The Amendment was intended to ensure that free citizens have access to arms of a type appropriate for use by a militia (US v Miller, 1939) so that if the need ever arose, we citizens would have something near parity in arms with agents of the government.  
I hope everyone here agrees with this much, at least.

Now, there’s nothing in the law that prohibits local police departments from having machine guns and helicopters and armored personnel carriers.  I wouldn’t argue that any laws are being broken here.
But look at the effect this has.
With our 2nd Amendment rights already being unconstitutionally infringed (Tax stamps? No machine guns produced ’86 or later? “Assault weapon” laws?), the ever-expanding distribution of military arms to civil authorities tips the scale farther and farther away from freedom.

If you value your freedom—real freedom, not just the veneer of freedom—anything that tilts that scale…everything that tilts that scale…should be a concern.

This isn’t about saving retro rifles from the chipper.
It’s not about getting the most value from our tax dollars.
And it’s certainly not about liking or not liking cops.

It’s about protecting the power of the people—the citizenry--in this great American experiment.

If anyone here doesn’t think this isn’t a risk to the balance of power between citizen and government, try this:  go to the 1033 program page, and submit an application. If you can get the government to send you as a law-abiding, individual, private citizen, an M16, or an MRAP, or a helicopter...I will pay for your Platinum Membership here on Arfcom every year for the rest of your natural life, and for your Lifetime Membership in the NRA.
If not, then understand that  this program represents an expansion of government power, with no offsetting expansion of individual power.

If that's ok by you...well, it's still a semi-free country and you're entitled to your choices.
But on this, we disagree.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
the next step will be a 'Federal Police Force' as Obama has mentioned before at least 2X that I've heard. You guys really good with that?
View Quote

Creation of a new centralized Federal uniformed police agency is a problem for reasons independent of equipment, especially if created from the ground up by a very ideological administration who would be likely to screen its personnel very carefully from the ideological standpoint.  That starts smelling like forces organized by the various historical and current one-party states to suppress regime opponents..

Less concerned if the 11-officer local police force in my town, answerable to the town council who are in turn answerable to a relatively small population of voters, and whose Chief of Police teaches public training classes at the local indoor range, gets an armored truck with a machinegun on it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It’s about protecting the power of the people—the citizenry--in this great American experiment.

and

this program represents an expansion of government power, with no offsetting expansion of individual power.

View Quote

Well, this thread went in a direction I didn't expect.  But, an understandable one, given the tenor of the times.

My initial thoughts were from the M1 Garand community's general interest into how far the MAP spread the M1 around the globe.  

But even though my intent was from a different direction, I hold with Ol Gunner on this one, for two reasons.  One concerns Phil Sheridan and my family.  They used to live in the Shenandoah Valley.  Used to, because when Sheridan got thru with his visit there, there wasn't much worth sticking around for.  Those few who survived the visit.

And the second was Kent State.. 4 dead, 9 wounded, several indictments but no convictions, several civil suits that eventually cost the State of Ohio a mere $600-odd-thousand bucks, but no personal civil forfeitures

Your federal government in action, in both instances, and don't even try to sell me on the fig leaf of National Guard troops not being federal.  That ship was federalized years ago, possibly not in actual fact but certainly in actual practice, which is what counts, and which also seems to be the direction local law enforcement is going these days.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Has to be a load of shit. Says my county has gotten 14 assault rifles. The real number is seven. I know because I help maintain them.
View Quote

Looks like someone has 7 new rifles off the books.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Officers can buy their own rifles, and the M16's should be made available to the public. That would cost the tax payer nothing. Not going to happen, but that's the way things should be.

That site lists that my parish has received one armored vehicle and one mine resistant vehicle. Both of them are parked at the public rifle range.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I agree, the M16's should be made available to the public, after all we paid for them.  Personally, I've got bad vibes about all of this; what's the underlying plan here?  In 20 years of former police work, I have not seen anything the average street cop, deputy, or trooper could not handle with a sidearm and a shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I agree, the M16's should be made available to the public, after all we paid for them.
View Quote

As I understand it, in Switzerland when you reach the end of your mandatory career in the reserves you have the option to keep your service rifle.  This has apparently become less popular since they adopted the current select fire weapon because they charge the retiree a fairly hefty fee to convert it permanently to semi-only.

Of course, that would be a problem here with ATF' s "once a machinegun, always a machinegun" interpretation of the NFA (not in the text, just how ATF chooses to interpret it).  I understand this nixed an early 60's Army plan to release permanently-converted-to-semi-only M14' s thorough the DCM.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:24:19 AM EDT
[#29]
What's the saying?  The road to hell is paved with good intentions?

As with anything, moderation is key.

I can see where handing out rifles to cash strapped police departments is a good idea.  Personally I would prefer that they be converted (not permanently!) to semi automatic.  I fully support giving the police the tools they've traditionally used while saving them money.  My problem is when it shifts from saving a cash strapped PD some money to giving them their wet dream of new gear.  As people have said, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck, and those ducks look like a military.  I've never bought in to the, "it's just another tool in our tool box" line that PD's always use to justify some controversial new toy.  As had also been said, if they can have it, I want to be able to have it as well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Some local law enforcement have has full auto weapons in inventory since the 1920's - Thompsons, BAR's, and since WWII M2 carbines.  Secret Service had Uzi's in the 80's.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Mraps should be disassembled and mothballed or scrapped for parts and  or destroyed.  Mg's and everything else should go to public auctions.  PD needs NONE of this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#32]
This is definitely a tricky issue. I guess I'm something if a middle of the road guy about all of this. I can see the need for officers to have rifles. I can see the need for tac-teams and the associated body armor, weapons, etc. I can even see the depts in some cities actually having an armored vehicle, specifically for raids into gang territory, or for dealing with incidents like the north Hollywood bank robbery. Hey, it's a crazy world we live in these days. I get it.

BUT, what we are seeing now is very ominous. Every little one horse town does not need armored vehicles and tac-teams. A personal friend of mine is the county sheriff in a county not far from where I reside. He has specifically declined getting any MRAPs for his dept because he says they "have strings attached". All of the depts that really needed an armored vehicle already had them before the MRAPs started hitting the streets here.

And what the federal agencies are up to is even more ominous. Again I get it, there are some non LE federal agencies that do have a need for a tac-team. NASA comes to mind specifically. But the dept of education does not need any tactical assets or weapons. Same-same for the FDA, dept of agriculture, Social Security, etc. I get it, social security does have some officers for investigative purposes. But why can't they just co-ordinate with the FBI if they actually need tactical assets?

Then there's all of the massive ammo orders from DHS. I don't care what they're doing, there is no reason for them to be buying more ammo the the Army did at a point when it needed to get enough to replace the entire stockpile, and equip soldiers going to 2 conflicts. What I am referring to is the 2010 M855A1 order the Army placed. Take a look at the amount they bought vs what DHS bought recently. To quote Moe from the 3 Stooges, "The figures stagger me!" Then take a look a what they actually bought. Federal agencies aren't using the older M16s so much, just a few in oddball depts. Yet they purchased a HUGE quantity of 55gr .223 ammo, while buying an even larger quantity of heavier bullet ammo. Any of the minds here know that the rifling in the pre-A2 weapons wasn't compatible with the heavier bullets. So they're obviously trying to have a massive quantity on hand for the older weapons that they're handing out to state and local departments.

And we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this. Take a look at the vehicles themselves. They were issued to light infantry units(82nd, 101st, 10th mountain, etc) that didn't already have Bradleys or Strikers for use in Iraq, and then they were pressed into service in Afghanistan. I know this because I served in the 82nd and 101st, and during my time in the 101 we had them while we were deployed. But now that our involvement in those conflicts is ending, there is no place for those vehicles. They're too heavy to drop by parachute or move by helicopter. So there's no place in the TO&E for them. So what do you suppose they're going to do with them all? I think we're seeing it now. There's also that M855 ammo that's being phased out. They can't sell it as surplus, thanks to the Clintonistas. I suspect it will also end up going to DRMO. I also suspect it will be the largest single ammo acquisition yet. But it will go relatively unnoticed, since the folks who seem to be watching these things aren't looking beyond the FBO website(it lists the new contracts Uncle Sam has out for bidding). I also think it's very interesting when this program got it's start, the early 90's. There were some bad things in the way of government control and expansion going on then too.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This is definitely a tricky issue. I guess I'm something if a middle of the road guy about all of this. I can see the need for officers to have rifles. I can see the need for tac-teams and the associated body armor, weapons, etc. I can even see the depts in some cities actually having an armored vehicle, specifically for raids into gang territory, or for dealing with incidents like the north Hollywood bank robbery. Hey, it's a crazy world we live in these days. I get it.

BUT, what we are seeing now is very ominous. Every little one horse town does not need armored vehicles and tac-teams. A personal friend of mine is the county sheriff in a county not far from where I reside. He has specifically declined getting any MRAPs for his dept because he says they "have strings attached". All of the depts that really needed an armored vehicle already had them before the MRAPs started hitting the streets here.

And what the federal agencies are up to is even more ominous. Again I get it, there are some non LE federal agencies that do have a need for a tac-team. NASA comes to mind specifically. But the dept of education does not need any tactical assets or weapons. Same-same for the FDA, dept of agriculture, Social Security, etc. I get it, social security does have some officers for investigative purposes. But why can't they just co-ordinate with the FBI if they actually need tactical assets?

Then there's all of the massive ammo orders from DHS. I don't care what they're doing, there is no reason for them to be buying more ammo the the Army did at a point when it needed to get enough to replace the entire stockpile, and equip soldiers going to 2 conflicts. What I am referring to is the 2010 M855A1 order the Army placed. Take a look at the amount they bought vs what DHS bought recently. To quote Moe from the 3 Stooges, "The figures stagger me!" Then take a look a what they actually bought. Federal agencies aren't using the older M16s so much, just a few in oddball depts. Yet they purchased a HUGE quantity of 55gr .223 ammo, while buying an even larger quantity of heavier bullet ammo. Any of the minds here know that the rifling in the pre-A2 weapons wasn't compatible with the heavier bullets. So they're obviously trying to have a massive quantity on hand for the older weapons that they're handing out to state and local departments.

And we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with this. Take a look at the vehicles themselves. They were issued to light infantry units(82nd, 101st, 10th mountain, etc) that didn't already have Bradleys or Strikers for use in Iraq, and then they were pressed into service in Afghanistan. I know this because I served in the 82nd and 101st, and during my time in the 101 we had them while we were deployed. But now that our involvement in those conflicts is ending, there is no place for those vehicles. They're too heavy to drop by parachute or move by helicopter. So there's no place in the TO&E for them. So what do you suppose they're going to do with them all? I think we're seeing it now. There's also that M855 ammo that's being phased out. They can't sell it as surplus, thanks to the Clintonistas. I suspect it will also end up going to DRMO. I also suspect it will be the largest single ammo acquisition yet. But it will go relatively unnoticed, since the folks who seem to be watching these things aren't looking beyond the FBO website(it lists the new contracts Uncle Sam has out for bidding). I also think it's very interesting when this program got it's start, the early 90's. There were some bad things in the way of government control and expansion going on then too.

View Quote

Good points.

In some small coastal communities, armored vehicles, which to me resemble more like Cadillac Gage's V100 have been successfully deployed in rescue missions in flooded areas after hurricanes.  More of a Civil Defense purpose than anything else.  They don't get blown off the road when deployed for rescuing the ones that never evacuate.  My county has one minus the M240 MG.  I'm not a cop, but I'm sure LEO Dept's love new toys just like anyone else.  Justifying them is another thing.

The urban cities are going to need every tool they can get when the big one happens.  Maybe not so much out in Montana.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow, we got two grenade launchers.  What do they plan to do with those?
View Quote

Assault those bunkers...I mean, temples.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm not a cop, but I'm sure LEO Dept's love new toys just like anyone else.  Justifying them is another thing.

The urban cities are going to need every tool they can get when the big one happens.  Maybe not so much out in Montana.  
View Quote

Do you want to have to "justify" your choices in weaponry, to officials who think a nail file is an instrument of the apocalypse?

I say again, whatever the delta is between local law enforcement and us, it's narrowness will be used as justification for enacting further restrictions on us.  As the Obama administration proceeds with its plan to draw down the US nuclear arsenal, I sincerely hope they transfer a Minuteman missile with a MIRV payload to my 11-officer local police force, and build a nice silo for it in the City Hall parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Why are people so worried about these mraps  after workin with em in iraq i know that they are garbage for military type operations and perfect for the stuff that law enforcement uses armored trucks for
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Then there's all of the massive ammo orders from DHS. I don't care what they're doing, there is no reason for them to be buying more ammo the the Army did at a point when it needed to get enough to replace the entire stockpile, and equip soldiers going to 2 conflicts. What I am referring to is the 2010 M855A1 order the Army placed. Take a look at the amount they bought vs what DHS bought recently. To quote Moe from the 3 Stooges, "The figures stagger me!" Then take a look a what they actually bought. Federal agencies aren't using the older M16s so much, just a few in oddball depts. Yet they purchased a HUGE quantity of 55gr .223 ammo, while buying an even larger quantity of heavier bullet ammo. Any of the minds here know that the rifling in the pre-A2 weapons wasn't compatible with the heavier bullets. So they're obviously trying to have a massive quantity on hand for the older weapons that they're handing out to state and local

View Quote

You where in the army and never noticed how retard they are about ammo they always buy more than they need waste as much as they can and hoard the rest till judgement day once someone explained the lot number codes on the boxes to me and i was shocked to find out how much WWII dated 50 cal ammo is still out there bein used
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You where in the army and never noticed how retard they are about ammo they always buy more than they need waste as much as they can and hoard the rest till judgement day once someone explained the lot number codes on the boxes to me and i was shocked to find out how much WWII dated 50 cal ammo is still out there bein used
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then there's all of the massive ammo orders from DHS. I don't care what they're doing, there is no reason for them to be buying more ammo the the Army did at a point when it needed to get enough to replace the entire stockpile, and equip soldiers going to 2 conflicts. What I am referring to is the 2010 M855A1 order the Army placed. Take a look at the amount they bought vs what DHS bought recently. To quote Moe from the 3 Stooges, "The figures stagger me!" Then take a look a what they actually bought. Federal agencies aren't using the older M16s so much, just a few in oddball depts. Yet they purchased a HUGE quantity of 55gr .223 ammo, while buying an even larger quantity of heavier bullet ammo. Any of the minds here know that the rifling in the pre-A2 weapons wasn't compatible with the heavier bullets. So they're obviously trying to have a massive quantity on hand for the older weapons that they're handing out to state and local

When I was in Iraq in 2003-2004, we had .50 ammo dated 1945, illum rounds for the 60mm mortars from the 60's, and frags from the. 60's-70's.
My point is this: knowing how the Army is about ammo, why is DHS( a law enforcement entity) buying several times as much ammo as the Army during wartime(and likely obtaining even more through other channels)?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#39]

When I was in Iraq in 2003-2004, we had .50 ammo dated 1945, illum rounds for the 60mm mortars from the 60's, and frags from the. 60's-70's.
My point is this: knowing how the Army is about ammo, why is DHS( a law enforcement entity) buying several times as much ammo as the Army during wartime(and likely obtaining even more through other channels)?
View Quote

No.  Shit.

Have c-rations finally give out yet, or are they still issuing ham-and-beans, pork slices, and scrambled egg C's?

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, the chow was newer at least. I never was issued a C-Rat.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yeah, the chow was newer at least. I never was issued a C-Rat.
View Quote

Meant to say, ham and LIMA beans.  Otherwise known as, ham and mother-(edited for content)-ers.

Some of the other old people what hang out here will know that liddle bit of retro trivia all too well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have no problem with that. A fully armored Rhino or whatever it's called, with a turret on top to mount a LMG is just overboard. I want community policing, not the 82nd Airborne in my town. No offense 82nd  guys - I'm just drawing a parallel. I am against the militarization of police - the next step will be a 'Federal Police Force' as Obama has mentioned before at least 2X that I've heard. You guys really good with that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is already a federal police force.     brought into effect by the patriot act.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Some went here
View Quote

LMAO....

Palm Beach County, Florida didn't go for a single DRMO rifle... LOL. PB is truly the land of the Liberal.

Miami-Dade sure as fuck did as did the rest of the counties except for a few idiots in the Pan Handle. But for that to happen they have to spell words correctly on paper without the crayon.

Fuck... my former home of Miami-Dade went on a DRMO shopping spree!

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad it appears im behind on my acronyms again
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LMAO....

Palm Beach County, Florida didn't go for a single DRMO rifle... LOL. PB is truly the land of the Liberal.

Miami-Dade sure as fuck did as did the rest of the counties except for a few idiots in the Pan Handle. But for that to happen they have to spell words correctly on paper without the crayon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some went here

LMAO....

It's not that we can't spell.  You just can't read English,  The idiots in my county got only 48 rifles, but then again we don't have as many savages as you.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top