Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:58:05 PM EDT
Can someone please help me figure out what is a proper 601 sling. I have heard 45" length and nylon folded under the clip and sewn on to itself. Any help will be much appreciated!!!
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that thread but no definate answer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.retroblackrifle.com/
Click on accessories,then slings
And they were NOT nylon. There appears to be 2 variations,one is folded and sewn,other goes thru the quick clip and then sewn. The 2 I have are folded then sewn as shown in RBR. The other variation shown below.
This variation appears to have a "parafin ? " like substance that the end of the cotton was dipped into to prevent fraying.2nd pic shows one after the "parafin ? " wore off,so at this time it is "assumed" that the end of the slings were then folded under itself then sewn as seen in the RBR pic.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the 2 I picked up. Both 45" correct length.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
You're welcome for the info and pics provided.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're welcome for the info and pics provided.
View Quote

Ha sorry thanks. I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off right now. Much appreciated help and always thankful for the help that I get from everyone here!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
The two that I have had one looked like each of the pics that M1Sniper posted and in talking to Bill Ricca he said he has seen at least three variations in them to include the "dipped" looking one, the folded and stitched and one with a lighter colored metal hardware.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
So what do you guys think of the 2 I posted? They look all original to me and are correct length and material??
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what do you guys think of the 2 I posted? They look all original to me and are correct length and material??
Thanks
View Quote

I think now you're gloating...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Lol sorry. I was excited when I saw them as I have been looking for a while and I was needing 2! The slings and bayonets are the parts of the 601 I know very little about so was just making sure I was getting my facts straight!
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:18:23 AM EDT
[#11]
When you say you've been "looking for a while",,curious,just how long is that?
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been building my 601 for about 2 years now so since then lol
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top