Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2014 8:50:36 AM EDT
Okay,

I have an original Colt 14.5 inch barrel that I plan to use for my Colt Model 653 clone build.  I am going to have a spacer and A1 birdcage brake perm attached to make it legal length.

The FSB/gas block picturedwas on the barrel when I received it. The picture below shows what forge marks are on it.  I checked with retro black rifle but they dont
mention whether the FSB/GB on a model 653 should have the casting marks removed or not?  I am just not familiar enough to know what is correct.  

Just wondering if someone with the knowledge can tell me whether this one will be accurate for my Model 653 build or if I should replace it.  If it should be replaced, what should I look for?  

Thanks!
S
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You won't find any information on RB on that FSB because it's a newer barrel--more than likely a 1x7 twist.  But it looks like an un-molested Colt FSB to me and I wouldn't replace it.  I would put an A1 round FS post instead of the A2 post but that's it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Does it by any chance have an F marked on the left side of the FSB? Even so, unless you are building a rifle specced out for a certain specific time period I would go with that FSB for now. Ditto the A1 sight post.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it by any chance have an F marked on the left side of the FSB? Even so, unless you are building a rifle specced out for a certain specific time period I would go with that FSB for now. Ditto the A1 sight post.
View Quote

Nope, I dont see anything at all on the left side of the FSB.  Thanks.  Guess I will leave it be and use as is.
Thanks for your advice.  I love this forum.  )
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You won't find any information on RB on that FSB because it's a newer barrel--more than likely a 1x7 twist.  But it looks like an un-molested Colt FSB to me and I wouldn't replace it.  I would put an A1 round FS post instead of the A2 post but that's it.
View Quote

Cool, I will look for a A1 round FS post then and replace it.  Thanks for the advice.
S
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Cool, I will look for a A1 round FS post then and replace it.  Thanks for the advice.
S
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

S

That's all I'd change.
It should look great!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top