BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Who wants one? Well, I would for the right price, and they were readily available

Sigh -

How about a thread dedicated to identifying retro(-ish), available, buildable, affordable weapons in .223 ? Once said thread gets rolling the populr items might no longer qualify as affordable though. Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who wants one? Well, I would for the right price, and they were readily available

Sigh -

How about a thread dedicated to identifying retro(-ish), available, buildable, affordable weapons in .223 ? Once said thread gets rolling the populr items might no longer qualify as affordable though. Anyone?
View Quote

problem is a lot of those didn't survive and have been discontinued.  models like the bushmaster/gwinn assault rifle, leader dynamics, ar-180, daewoo rifles, steyr aug,etc...

the mini-14 may be one of the few that made it this long.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't know how retro this really is: Beretta AR-70

There once were Galil kits here and there, but like you say dried up since 2010 or earlier.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don't know how retro this really is: Beretta AR-70

There once were Galil kits here and there, but like you say dried up since 2010 or earlier.
View Quote

yeah if we're talking about ones built on parts kits, we can add the hk93/c93 and galil/golani.  the c93 has gotten really cheap these days.  a lot less than i paid for mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#5]
John Thomas had that AR70 build that I would love to do but I'm sure it's way beyond my skill level
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
John Thomas had that AR70 build that I would love to do but I'm sure it's way beyond my skill level
View Quote

Had an AR70 receiver, everything I read about it is that's it's one of the most complex builds out there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I gotta have one of these if the standard AR15 lower works!
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

problem is a lot of those didn't survive and have been discontinued.  models like the bushmaster/gwinn assault rifle, leader dynamics, ar-180, daewoo rifles, steyr aug,etc...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh -

The Steyr AUG is still available, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh -

not the a1 style w/ carry handle optic.  they are introducing optic models again but they just don't have the classic a1 profile.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:05:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

not the a1 style w/ carry handle optic.  they are introducing optic models again but they just don't have the classic a1 profile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sigh -

I know the man who designed the Leader rifles. He is in the process of finding a manufacturer to build them in the USA as he is now a US citizen. He and I have spoken several times and I believe he is going to utilize as many AR parts into the reboot to lower costs as he can. He said his goal is for the new design to retail for around 700
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Edited

Wes
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top