Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought the same thing, but someone posted a picture of an early XM177E1 with a 601 lower - which I am planning on replicating. (Sort of) In fact, the upper and lower live together in a drawer at present...

View Quote

Waiting for them to reproduce, Morg? Dibs on the first born.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Naw - waiting on a barrel. Just can't afford it right now. I want to do a BTDT middy E1.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Morg, You and I are on the same track.  I call my budding build the Mini XM.  Where are you looking to source the barrel?
Ralph
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Naw - waiting on a barrel. Just can't afford it right now. I want to do a BTDT middy E1.
View Quote

Copycat!

Mine has a 3 prong now but still has an A2 lower. And that .750 under the FSB chews on my badly!

It WILL be replaced eventually with a 14.5 middy barrel that is the proper .625 and I WANT to move the bayo lug to the back of the FSB like the proto middy. (But I know that may not ever happen cause I'm lazy AND cheap!)

ETA I just looked up from typing and realized that that barrel is now on a near perfect 604 upper and it has a CAR style stock at the moment.

Girls have Barbie to dress up and boys have the AR platform to dress up and change around!
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Morg, You and I are on the same track.  I call my budding build the Mini XM.  Where are you looking to source the barrel?
Ralph
View Quote

I had the perfect one awhile back from PSA. You'll need a .625 FSB too. RRA makes the best HGs.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1/media/Middy/0P1010714.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/Cal30M1/Middy/0P1010714.jpg</a>

View Quote

I have some of the very same equipment.

I was issue two sets of the ERDL camoflauge utilities ("Cammies") when I went to boot camp at Parris Island in '78. My series was the first to be issued them. Most all of the equipment we used was leftovers from Vietnam, uncluding some of the M16A1s.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Aren't  these more expensive than NDS because it doesn't include shipping?
View Quote

Yes.

I just put in my zip code to see how much one would cost with shipping:
$156.73,

I can get NoDaks for $155.00 shipped if I buy more than one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top