Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't look very old, but I'm 47.

However,  years of football, basketball, running, and the Infantry sure makes me feel it some mornings.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I confess I pictured M & H as a couple of old farts too.   I hope you guys have many more successful years in biz together.

However,  years of football, basketball, running, and the Infantry sure makes me feel it some mornings.

Not to mention the workout you get from polishing all those uppers and lowers by hand.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#3]
how about a shop walkthrough, a "virtual tour" in which you show the magic behind the curtain?

i'd like to see the mills, if they're mills, or workstations?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Hey Mike, I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, any chance of a tour of the shop, complete with freebies at the end of the tour?

Just kidding, about the freebies, but it would be nice.

Oh, and don't forget about the photo session with all the visitors.

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I confess I pictured M & H as a couple of old farts too.   I hope you guys have many more successful years in biz together.

Mike I have been home from Vietnam almost that long. You were 2 when I returned to the land of the Big BX.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
That just made my lowers even more worth the wait, THANK YOU!
And now I know why they looked AWESOME when I got them!
You just don't see service like that very much anymore.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#8]
When are you going to be like Dillon and hire some cute college babe models to pose with your products?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Waste? WASTE?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We don't have that kind of money to waste.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When are you going to be like Dillon and hire some cute college babe models to pose with your products?

What if you hired them to polish receivers and just took pictures of them at work?

Wait...no, thats a harassment lawsuit and I love your receivers more than pictures of pretty girls.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What if you hired them to polish receivers and just took pictures of them at work?

Wait...no, thats a harassment lawsuit and I love your receivers more than pictures of pretty girls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Girls with Retro Guns Thread photo shoot at NDS?  
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll come polish receivers for ya, just gimme a cot in the shop and MRE's to eat all day and I accept ammo and guns as salary
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Mike, if you ever need someone to test any of your products in a Desert environment, I'll volunteer.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Awesome video.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
While watching you polish the lower...at first I thought. How can he tell if he misses a spot? Then further viewing saw your multiple jigs if you will for accessing the different sides/areas, but even then you inspected the receiver a few times, put it back and hit it again. That's a lot of work just to prep one receiver for anodizing, that is out of your hands. It must "be a stinker" to get a batch back with blems after all that hard work. Great Video. I also enjoyed your AR180 video.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry, no.

It cause too much of a disruption in the workday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Mike, I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks, any chance of a tour of the shop, complete with freebies at the end of the tour?

Just kidding, about the freebies, but it would be nice.

Oh, and don't forget about the photo session with all the visitors.

Sorry, no.

It cause too much of a disruption in the workday.

This isn't Orange County Choppers guys.....
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Blems or not I believe all my NDS lowers will be in a Trust very soon.
Thank You for the video Mike, it's worth the wait.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:23:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Proof that you get what you pay for.......not that there was ever any doubt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Mike, thanks for sharing, this gives us some heads-up on what's required with your up-coming 80% lowers, hint, hint, hint!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Mike just out of curiosity which lower comes back with the most blems? I'd personally think it would be the 601 lowers because of the larger flat surface, but then again the M16A1 lowers have more nook and crannies to polish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Great video. I'll be buying one of your M16A1 lowers shortly for my retro rebuild.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Good vid. Makes me want to go hug my 2008-purchased (pre-panic, but not by much) NDS-16A1 lower now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top