AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Awesome.....but how hard is it to find a 12.5 inch pencil barrel....
View Quote

Daniel Defense has 12.5" pencil barrels and .625 under the front sight.  The one I had was actually 13" end to end.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Daniel Defense has 12.5" pencil barrels and .625 under the front sight.  The one I had was actually 13" end to end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you looked recently?  All I see is a LW that is .750 under the front sight...
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

you can email/im him here:
http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=111652

or you can visit his website:
http://www.retroarmsworks.com/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's not a common length, especially in pencil profile.  you'll more than likely need to get a 16" and have it cut down.  john thomas is who i'd send it to.  he can cut, rethread, blind pin and weld to bring to legal length and reparkerize.  all in an amazingly fast turnaround time.

Okay.  Is he a forum member or is does he have a business?

Thanks, once again. ...

I am wondering if the "send an email' from this forum is working correct?  I have sent Brick a couple of emails inquiring about purchasing one of the moderators but have not received a reply back.  I don't seem to be able to search for a member on this forum........in order to send him a message here.  If anyone knows him could you please message me and I will give you my information to pass on to him.  I would like to buy a moderator from him, but donot have/nor want  a gunbroker account.

S
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am wondering if the "send an email' from this forum is working correct?  I have sent Brick a couple of emails inquiring about purchasing one of the moderators but have not received a reply back.  I don't seem to be able to search for a member on this forum........in order to send him a message here.  If anyone knows him could you please message me and I will give you my information to pass on to him.  I would like to buy a moderator from him, but donot have/nor want  a gunbroker account.

S
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it's not a common length, especially in pencil profile.  you'll more than likely need to get a 16" and have it cut down.  john thomas is who i'd send it to.  he can cut, rethread, blind pin and weld to bring to legal length and reparkerize.  all in an amazingly fast turnaround time.

Okay.  Is he a forum member or is does he have a business?

Thanks, once again. ...

S

I sent you his email via PM.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
"I am wondering if the "send an email' from this forum is working correct?  I have sent Brick a couple of emails inquiring about purchasing one of the moderators but have not received a reply back.

S"

I also have run into this on the EE section. I ended up IM'ing and was told each time that no email was received.

To make this xm177 based, I ended up having to go with a high power version because of the barrel I have. Brick told me his would not fit my barrel.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"I am wondering if the "send an email' from this forum is working correct?  I have sent Brick a couple of emails inquiring about purchasing one of the moderators but have not received a reply back.

S"

I also have run into this on the EE section. I ended up IM'ing and was told each time that no email was received.

To make this xm177 based, I ended up having to go with a high power version because of the barrel I have. Brick told me his would not fit my barrel.
View Quote

You mean HPA or High Power Armory? Heh, next time you go on GB to browse check out their feedback. They have something like 100 C's 55 D's and over 40 F's, yet overall their feedback says A+
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes HPA, in my case they were the only one that would fit the altered barrel I already have. It is clear it is not a true copy or a clean as Brick's. In my case, my choices were limited. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes HPA, in my case they were the only one that would fit the altered barrel I already have. It is clear it is not a true copy or a clean as Brick's. In my case, my choices were limited. I'll hope for the best and expect the worst.
View Quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BravoTac-BRT-356-5-56-5-5-Long-Muzzle-Brake-XM177-Commando-11-5-Barrel-to-16-/321442381130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad7757d4a

'$pensive but the purtiest one piece on the market right now ^^^
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you looked recently?  All I see is a LW that is .750 under the front sight...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here ya go:
12.5" 5.56mm Lightweight Carbine CHF Barrel - Stripped

Additional Information
Manufacturing # / SKU 07-078-09208-018
Restricted Shipping Yes
Barrel Configuration Stripped
Caliber 5.56mm NATO
Barrel Length 12.5"
Manuf. Process Cold Hammer Forged
Twist Rate 1:7
Muzzle Thread 1/2×28 TPI (Threads Per Inch)
Material Chrome Moly Vanadium
Outside Finish Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate
Inside Finish Chrome
Gas System Carbine Length
Diameter At Gas Port .625"
Barrel Extension A4
Profile Lightweight
Weight 1.16 lb
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
accidental double post.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Shameless plug
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shameless plug
<a href="http://s693.photobucket.com/user/crsmoker250_photo/media/IMG_6869_zpsc215ece3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/crsmoker250_photo/IMG_6869_zpsc215ece3.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very cool!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Check your spam box, I replied to both of your emails but never heard back.  I will send you a PM.

Thank you,

Brick
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Check your spam box, I replied to both of your emails but never heard back.  I will send you a PM.

Thank you,

Brick
View Quote

I found out AR15.com and Yahoo mail messages aren't being delivered, you gotta use another email address and change it here. Gmail works just fine, so I recommend using that one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top