Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2014 1:00:24 PM EDT
Does anyone have a good source for inexpensive nickel plated trigger and hammer pins as used on the Colt 9mm ar-15 SMG ?
I have a registered SBR Colt 9mm ar15 lower with the large holes.  I have a large size Timmney Trigger ready for install,
but one of the large pins that came with my lower does not fit through the sleeve of the trigger housing.  In other words,
it would be nice if I had a number of different hammer and trigger pins to use for sizing.  I am looking for the shiny pins
such as on this briefcase DOE gun.  Pic attached for your viewing pleasure.  Thanks !

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Specialized Armament had them when I built my 635 clone.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arrgh, that place that had all the new Colt parts had them.
I can't remember the name.
View Quote

specialized armament?

http://www.specializedarmament.com/

if you naval jelly standard pins, they will sometimes strip down to the bare metal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, Boywonder777 remembered it.
I had to look it up in an old spreadsheet of my projects.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, Boywonder777 remembered it.
I had to look it up in an old spreadsheet of my projects.
View Quote

another sign of severe rbrd.  when you need a spreadsheet to track retro projects
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Yes they were. I got mine from SAW, but I don't know if they still have them. It was a 'fix' from Colt, who refused to ramp the bolt, which was the right thing to do. I would use both.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all for some excellent suggestions.  Specialized armament has pins, but they do not specify material.  I will call and check.

44Echo10 and Morg may be right that they were stainless steel.  I have read different things on this.  Time to break out my Black Rifle handbook.

This webpage below calls them nickel plated stainless steel.  This is a good page for those of us afflicted with 9mm fever.

http://aftermathgunclub.com/2013/04/18/factory-colt-9mm-smgs-sub-carbines/
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks to all for some excellent suggestions.  Specialized armament has pins, but they do not specify material.  I will call and check.

44Echo10 and Morg may be right that they were stainless steel.  I have read different things on this.  Time to break out my Black Rifle handbook.

This webpage below calls them nickel plated stainless steel.  This is a good page for those of us afflicted with 9mm fever.

http://aftermathgunclub.com/2013/04/18/factory-colt-9mm-smgs-sub-carbines/
View Quote

Why would you nickel plate SS? Trust me, they are stainless. At least the real Colt ones are. That's all SAW sells - real Colt parts.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
My bad memory is due to CRS due to old age.

Now what were we talking about here?
Oh yes!
Yes, they are stainless.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:26:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I do nickel plating. PM me with any questions or jobs. I currently nickel plate tapco G2 triggers for guys on AKfiles, same user name as here, you can look me up.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#11]
SAW does not have the stainless 9mm pins any longer and doubts they will ever see them again from Colt.  

These stainless pins on eBay are very nice though and do the job.  I use them and have not had any issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Stainless-Steel-Trigger-Hammer-Pins-5-56-223-223-556-/330881763756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0a1709ac

As for nickel plated triggers, don't think you can beat an ALG ACT.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top