Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/22/2014 5:01:54 PM EDT
I remember when these lowers first came out and loved the fact they were flat gray like the early SP1s.  Most non Colts back then were black, purple, shiny.  I wish I bought one back then.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=411135427

I did notice this one has a funky looking hammer pin and really long dust cover pin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I did notice this one has a funky looking hammer pin and really long dust cover pin.
View Quote

Hammer pin is a standard c-clip retained pin.  Probably an old LPK with the j-spring broken on the hammer, so it's been band-aided with an externally-retained pin.

I agree with you on the port cover pin, though - that's pretty long and funky!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
still have mine, and regret selling another back in the day

mine is a 5 digit serial number,  so a bit later than this one,

seems a bit high, and $75 to ship??
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

alaska

Id love to have one of those Coal Valley, IL lowers but Im not paying a preban premium for one. Nice looking gun.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

alaska

Id love to have one of those Coal Valley, IL lowers but Im not paying a preban premium for one. Nice looking gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

alaska

he is still $25 too high with insurance at his buy it now price,,

but, I'm a tight wad,,,
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
still have mine, and regret selling another back in the day

mine is a 5 digit serial number,  so a bit later than this one,

View Quote

I regret not buying one of these for $59 dollars , which was $10 bucks more than the Quality Parts Inc. lower at the time.  But since I was a student making $3.75/hour, I bought the Quality Parts lower just to save $10 bucks  I later found out what is now Lewis Machine Tool machined and finished these lowers for Eagle Arms as well as Quality Parts.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top