Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/17/2014 4:40:14 PM EDT
My collecttion of 603s have grown quite a bit since all the parts kits hit the scene. How many of you have started a collection? I painted one with rustoleum and the others I am waiting for my NDS16A1 lowers to arrive at my FFL. The black one is a APEX with a Black NDS16. The one build has a strange gray park MPC Barrel?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 603's at the moment and have built 5 or 6 for myself but 0 of them came from parts kits, I have purchased plenty of the 603 parts kits over the years though, but assembled them for others for profit or sold most of the parts for profit and kept what I needed for other builds. Since April 1st 2013 no companies will ship me parts kits because they come with hi-cap 30 round mags that aren't dated prebans(even though they are prebans). So until we get a Republican Governor or I move (more likely) I won't be getting anymore 603 parts kits unless they a. don't come with mags or b. come with mags with manufacture dates on the mag bodies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
b. come with mags with manufacture dates on the mag bodies

Not likely either.  

I've built quite a few (more than 15) locally for others from kit purchases mostly carbines as rifle barrels were in shortage at time of many builds.  Basically used what I could find within budget mostly J&T.  

Personal pieces I built before the kits became popular out of small parts purchases and Colt barrels were stil available most every day on EE. Only have one 603 assembled at present but could probably put one together pretty quick if push came to shove.

Best condition kits I received were from Centerfire but were also missing the most parts as advertised.  Best furniture was from LG kit hands down.  RTI 50/50 with lousy furniture.  Is amazing as all kits pretty much came in same IO box except Centerfire which was simply dropped in a big plastic bag.  Guess that was so they could rob all the small parts out of the kits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:41:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Just one .....for now
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#5]

I know I'm addicted to cleaning up old dirty parts.  I jones for it like some kinda fix.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#6]
it like opening a Christmas present when your a kid when the kit shows up!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
My only retros are my 2 GM M16A1s. One done, one almost done (been 'almost done' for a couple years now...). Techinacally not 603s as that was Colts designation, but M16a1s nonetheless.

I haven't been much into collecting/building retro recently during the influx of all the Asian imported 603 kits, so haven't caught that bug.....yet.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top