Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2014 6:48:44 PM EDT
A few months back, you guys were trying to help me figure out what was wrong with my most current build (604). I thank you all for all of the effort.  We left off with me having swapped bolt/carrier assy.. I also swapped lower (including buffer/spring/tube) I even swapped upper receiver. I did all of this swapping 6 times, (robbing parts from my other AR,s) I tried 5 different types of ammo. I had the sight base of numerous times cking to be sure gas was flowing properly through the sight base. I ckd the gas port size. I even installed a new gas tube (as a last resort).  At this point it seems OBVIOUS, there must be something wrong with the barrel?????? So, I tried polishing the chamber (thinking the brass may be hanging up for too long during ignition.  Well, I explained all of this to AR15Sport (where I got the barrel) and they were good enough to send me another barrel with a return shipping voucher. Yes, they trusted that I would return my barrel to them, after receiving my new barrel. What great guys to deal with!  Anyhow, I installed the new barrel, and,,,,Yeah!!! It finally works. Heres a few pics.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
nice looking rifle

Wonder what was really wrong?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it! I have a 604 that looks identical and its my favorite. Happy to hear you got it fixed. I'm sure it was a relief!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:01:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I love happy endings.

The wet poncho liner and rain drops are nice touches.  Now you need a muddy pair of jungle boots to go along with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice looking rifle

Wonder what was really wrong?
View Quote

AR15Sport promised me that they would notify me of what is wrong with it once its been ck,d out. I just received the notification from UPS that it was received today. I,m kinda hoping that they will sell it back to me at a reasonable price (to be used for a dedicated .22 upper)
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the update glad you finally got it working dog :)
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to open up the gas port on a Green Mountain barrel A1 profile to get the rifle to cycle. It was from a batch manufactured about 2 years ago. That cured the short stroking ( after checking everything else was in spec, as you did)
DanG
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually Dan, ARSport did have me open up the port "Just a tad" ,but,,,it didn't help. Still waiting on them to contact me with what was wrong with it. You guys will be the 1st to know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I also bought one of those barrels and had the same problem. Not willing to deal with it at the time, I removed it from my receiver and set it aside. Long story short - I ended up including it in a trade to Braceman (with full disclosure) and he discovered that the FSB was loose.

He reamed and re-pinned the FSB with taper pins and worked just fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#9]
A woobie in the rain brings back certain memories....

Glad you got the barrel sorted out.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top