Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/15/2014 1:42:09 PM EDT
Forgive the fact that these are on A2 lowers but they were kind of spare parts/re-purpose builds from my earlier pre-retro forum days

First an IDF clone with the El-Op scope and IDF parts from Zahal. Barrel is a Spikes 14.5" with spacer and pinned by John Thomas. I have some other IDF goodies to go with this but need to dig them out and the stock is a Bushmaster with a smooth finish but is matte so I need to spray it with some shine or maybe go to an N1 stock.

and the next is a 654 with a retro-modern Trijicon on it

Sorry, no range reports yet as I just finished putting them together today and playing dad plus it's rainy nasty but they do handle well in the house anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#1]
They look great! What finish did you put on the lowers?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, it's Norrells and the IDF upper was done as well but the 654 is not a great match
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice builds! Hope they shoot well for you!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Dig the IDF clone!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Nicely done.  My IDF really NEEDS a scope like that someday!  Otherwise it looks pretty much the same.  It is one of my favorites.

As has been stated many times before, upper and lower match was a hit and miss thing in the real world and as such not a big deal.  They both look great.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
They look great! The second one looks like the one I just built for my buddy. He switched over to short triangle hand guards to look more retro, but that is personal taste. Enjoy both of them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Truth be told, I stole the lower that's on the 654 from my 603 because I thought the gray matched better than a black one but now I'm not so sure. Either way I guess I'm going to be putting it back on my 603 and then either using the black one or graying up another one.

I really like the feel of the IDF but am not sure about the sling as it's a bit longer than I would care for and is adjusted down as far as it will go.

The 654 was going to be a 652 until I got another SP1 carbine and then figured they were really the same thing so I needed to do something different. I had a spare chrome slick side bolt so that's what ended up going in it.

I managed to sneak an M4 barrel and a Trijicon into the retro forum
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top