Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 7:29:29 AM EDT

Says they captured them from muslim rebels in the south .Army killed 100 rebels Look like parts kit guns!

link to story
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet if you were to run the numbers on those you'll find they are probably ex-US and ARVN guns.  Alot of those weapons made it into the hands of insurgent groups all over the pacific and into Central America.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#2]
look ok for being that old. Wonder what the bores look like. I bet those port doors are rusty!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

look ok for being that old. Wonder what the bores look like. I bet those port doors are rusty!
View Quote

That one pictured looks a lot like the kits we got from LG Outdoors.

On a side note...............those captured M16's may have been part

of the stash one certain Kalifornia Senator got busted over trying

to import arms from

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

to import arms from

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

to import arms from

Thats a way to keep those captured weapons out of rebel hands and make some cash for the Govt as well demill them and sell them to us retroheads! Bet they captured a lot of them. Bet those cracked handguards and butstocks are from when they threw them into a big pile after waisting a bunch of rebels! I blew up the pics and the one has a cracked butstock plate as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#5]
there a dime a dozen over thier. our bell boy asked if i wanted to buy one for $100 five years ago when i stayed in Cebu
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats a way to keep those captured weapons out of rebel hands and make some cash for the Govt as well demill them and sell them to us retroheads! Bet they captured a lot of them. Bet those cracked handguards and butstocks are from when they threw them into a big pile after waisting a bunch of rebels! I blew up the pics and the one has a cracked butstock plate as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

to import arms from

When they get that old, and have 'E' buttstocks, they are all cracked by that point. Another reason I prefer the 'D' type stock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The rebels get them from slain filipino police and military.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Okay, which one of ya'll is going to do a retro build for one of these?

The Philippino Muslim Insurgent A1.  Ya gotta get that patina just right.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The rebels get them from slain filipino police and military.
View Quote

I guess they go back into service if they are re-captured!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Okay, which one of ya'll is going to do a retro build for one of these?

The Philippino Muslim Insurgent A1.  Ya gotta get that patina just right.
View Quote

Nah, too much trouble. Then you'd also have to make one of those funky long magazines.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I see why the guy with the M14 is smiling.. He doesn't have to use one of the super-funk magazines...

I would be relieved too..  M14's have magical powers from the beyond.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I see why the guy with the M14 is smiling.. He doesn't have to use one of the super-funk magazines...

I would be relieved too..  M14's have magical powers from the beyond.
View Quote

Ditto jhud !!!!   I'd snap-up that M14 in heartbeat.

Be it a man (or woman???) , that person has some big hands.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Those are magazines?   I thought they were cribbage boards for their down time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.  They sure resemble the BTDT kits floating around.  One in pic has big head FA and nice broken stock.  Also lots of Elisco authentic PM coded Colt licensed products still floating around in the archipelago for various reasons but mostly for one's safety from whomever might be infringing on there ability to breathe our oxygenated atmosphere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Thats one hell of a mag must be the prototype for the surefire 50 round mags!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#17]
The girl in black and has a m16 and the funky magazine.

I think thats m16 in 762x39 because of the curve in the mag to fit the x39 round
And how long the mag well is if there not in x39 there some funky cool mags
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think thats m16 in 762x39 because of the curve in the mag to fit the x39 round
View Quote

Philippines uses 5.56 exclusively, in both US and Philippines manufactured M16s.  Philippines has a backyard gun industry similar to the Khyber Pass, if you can dream it some asshole with stolen railroad tracks will make it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Philippines uses 5.56 exclusively, in both US and Philippines manufactured M16s.  Philippines has a backyard gun industry similar to the Khyber Pass, if you can dream it some asshole with stolen railroad tracks will make it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. What amazes me is how many of them I've seen - so I'm guessing they actually worked. Would love one for the collection, just for giggles.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#20]
You want to see an old Moro M16, click this
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You want to see an old Moro M16, click this
View Quote

That rifle looks mighty shitty! Wonder if they are communist muslim guerillas with that hammer and sickle?

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 10:52:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Basically, yes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

When they get that old, and have 'E' buttstocks, they are all cracked by that point. Another reason I prefer the 'D' type stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

to import arms from

Does time make the polymer more fragile?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

to import arms from

The D buttstock just seems tougher to me.

I don't think so - it's the wear they get in service. I wish they would make an A1 length 'CS' stock, which uses the newer A2 plastic. FWIW I think type D's are pretty tough - E's seem to crack their buttplates. Olgunner has a pile of beat to hell 'D's though - they get really beat up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#25]
More future parts kits! This is how the handguards get busted. By being tossed in those bins!

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I see carbines in there. When are getting them? Retro carbine would be very cool.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Khymer Pass M16A1 BFPU
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
More future parts kits! This is how the handguards get busted. By being tossed in those bins!

View Quote

Love the grip-and-grin pic ignored by us retro heads - "Hey, careful with the handguards!"

BROvet, no offense. Just some funny stuff.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Love the grip-and-grin pic ignored by us retro heads - "Hey, careful with the handguards!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/tom051876/capturedm16a1_zpsdda6cdc1.jpg

Someone should call that General and tell him to take it easy! I see there is one already missing a hanguard in the pic! LOL
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top