BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#1]
You want to talk to Mr. Pete Fleis in Missouri. Google will get you his FFL. He's the man to talk to about AR-180's.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got my stamp back and got to put a stock on my AR-180B Shorty project.

Itchin' to go put some rounds down range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
OMG, I think I just wet myself... That is SOOOOO COOOOOOL!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
DUDE! So cool!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#5]
That turned out super nice...
When is the 180 folding stock going on?
Or do you still have to work up a piece to make it lock to the receiver?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The transition to my new job has kept me out of the shop so I have not been able to work on an adapter for the original butt stock.

I'm also concerned with the differences in the sight heights on the 180 vs 180B. The Bravo is a bit lower and I may have to lower the butt stock so low that it won't look right.

I will have to drill and tap a hole in the side of the receiver as well for the retaining nub.

Hand guard end cap is next on the list when I get some time in the shop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
tried to ask this question before, my sterling 180 is late serial gun and it has circlips locking the trigger and hammer pins in so they don't walk-out.  Do any other 180 owners have this feature or is this a do It yourself job looks factory to me.  be interested to here from late model sterling owners.  I know some of you 180 owners have issues with migrating axel pins...
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you who have issues with migrating axel pins my late serial sterling has circlips holding the pins in , my question  does any other sterling owner have this feature on there 180 and is it a factory mod or a home built mod. this mod could be copied to correct axel pins from walking-out.  looks to be factory to me?????      let me know
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Neat thread, I haven't gotten all the way through it yet.  I picked up this low serial number (S00001XX) Howa about a year and a half ago for $850.  Excellent condition, strong hinge and functioning bolt hold open.  One of the better deals I've gotten on a firearm.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those of you who have issues with migrating axel pins my late serial sterling has circlips holding the pins in , my question  does any other sterling owner have this feature on there 180 and is it a factory mod or a home built mod. this mod could be copied to correct axel pins from walking-out.  looks to be factory to me?????      let me know
View Quote

I believe those pins are not factory but were available from the aftermarket.

I have seen several people complain about their pins walking out so this must have been a not too infrequent problem back in the day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://

There are like 17 on Funbroker at this instant including one Howa at around $1700 which seems excessive to me, considering the a$$-backwards safety on those guns, and this Sterling at what looks like a fairly attractive price:

Bring your checkbook

There's also a 3-gun set including all three manfacturers for $4500 if you want an instant collection.  The set has been on there for a while.

Not mine; not associated with seller;  etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everytime I click on this thread, the AR-180 keeps getting bumped up on my short list. Where are you guys finding these? I've only been looking on Gunbroker but I've never really seen what I wanted and don't know what I should be paying. Also, for some reason I want a Howa manufactured one (not sure why, but I do) and those seem to be the hardest to come by.

There are like 17 on Funbroker at this instant including one Howa at around $1700 which seems excessive to me, considering the a$$-backwards safety on those guns, and this Sterling at what looks like a fairly attractive price:

Bring your checkbook

There's also a 3-gun set including all three manfacturers for $4500 if you want an instant collection.  The set has been on there for a while.

That is because the first 1000 or so that Howa produced were actually AR18s, with minor alterations to make them semi auto. Then they stamped an "0" at the end, grinded off "Auto" and you end up with that odd selector.  You can see if you look close enough. Rumor is they were EXTREMELY easy to convert back to FA, which is why the IRA grabbed as many as they could and only a few, relatively speaking, out of this batch made it to the states. The true "Widow Makers". All of these factors add value in the eyes of a collector. I'm a bit rusty on the topic, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I've seen the auction you are thinking of, been up forever, but it's actually a decent deal if it's the one I'm thinking of. One from each manufacturer? Complete sets and the Howa is one of the early ones. Problem is, you have to buy all three to get the Howa.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is because the first 1000 or so that Howa produced were actually AR18s, with minor alterations to make them semi auto. Then they stamped an "0" at the end, grinded off "Auto" and you end up with that odd selector.  You can see if you look close enough. Rumor is they were EXTREMELY easy to convert back to FA, which is why the IRA grabbed as many as they could and only a few, relatively speaking, out of this batch made it to the states. The true "Widow Makers". All of these factors add value in the eyes of a collector. I'm a bit rusty on the topic, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

ETA: I'm pretty sure I've seen the auction you are thinking of, been up forever, but it's actually a decent deal if it's the one I'm thinking of. One from each manufacturer? Complete sets and the Howa is one of the early ones. Problem is, you have to buy all three to get the Howa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everytime I click on this thread, the AR-180 keeps getting bumped up on my short list. Where are you guys finding these? I've only been looking on Gunbroker but I've never really seen what I wanted and don't know what I should be paying. Also, for some reason I want a Howa manufactured one (not sure why, but I do) and those seem to be the hardest to come by.

Bring your checkbook

You are correct sir!  Don't forget the "S" stamped in front of the serial number that is located on the upper receiver, not the lower like every other AR-180.  Also, the flash hider is serialized to the upper.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are correct sir!  Don't forget the "S" stamped in front of the serial number that is located on the upper receiver, not the lower like every other AR-180.  Also, the flash hider is serialized to the upper.
View Quote

Yeah, look how "off" the zero looks on mine.

Mine does not have a serialized flash hider...but thats not to say it wasnt changed at some point.

Whats the significance of the "S" prefix?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Semi-Auto
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
thanks
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Notice how the "0" and the "S" appear.  They were stamped after the receiver was manufactured as an AR-18.  Also, the "for ArmaLite Inc. Costa Mesa Calif." also appears to have been stamped at a later date.  According to ArmaLite's own history, Howa began manufacturing the AR-18's in 1967, well before the Costa Mesa AR-180's.  The under 1000 S/N Howa's are indeed true collectors items!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring your checkbook

Yeah, I put a few more details in the first post I typed, but I lost it. Doing this from a smartphone is a PIA, so I just summerized. I didn't know about the serialized flash hider though, awesome info! I'll dig mine out and make sure it matches up. Love this place.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Not all the first 1,000 Howa that I'v seen had a serial number on the flash hider. Also another feature that may or may not be found is the complete bayonet lug, some had tabs installed that would impede fitting a bayonet but the tabs could be removed making bayonet mounting functional again while other early 1,000 Howa appear to have the bayonet lug "ears" ground off. The early 1,000 Howa were held in Japan until late 1972 when they were released as AR-180 semi auto "sporting" rifles along with the second generation of Howa AR-180. Another related item are the ArmaLite 3x20 inverted post scopes with the elevation knob marked in meters. All 1,000 of these scopes have a serial number starting with 67 on the bottom of the base to denote the year of mfg by Hakko and it's my belief the scopes were matched to the first 1,000 serial numbered Howa AR-18 rifles also mfg in 1967.  ArmaLite was able to import the Hakko 67XXXX serial number scopes and they were sold in no special order with the Costa Mesa AR-18/180 rifles starting in 1969. It's tough to say which is more desirable, a 1,000 series Howa AR-180 or a Costa Mesa CA mfg AR-180, I'd say it's a draw either way for collectability and build quality. As for weaknesses IMO they are overblown, the folding stock lockup wasn't intended to hold up to the rifle being used as a battering ram. The folding stock was designed for airborne troops or for use by armored vehicle personnel. With an abundance of 20 and 30rd AR15 mags available for short money it isn't difficult to modify the AR-15 mags to function in the AR-180 in stead of paying top dollar for additional original ArmaLite mags if they are going to be used for range duty.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Kobren,
Thanks for your information, it really helps.  I only have pictures of 8 sub 1000 S/N Howa's.  Three have serialized flash hiders, one has a M16A1 birdcage, and can't tell about the others.  2 of them have intact bayonet lugs, one with the tabs.  One has the front portion of the bayonet lug ground off.  All other pictures are too poor or not close enough to tell details.  Thanks for the scope info also, didn't know that.  Guess I'm looking for 67-968!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not all the first 1,000 Howa that I'v seen had a serial number on the flash hider. Also another feature that may or may not be found is the complete bayonet lug, some had tabs installed that would impede fitting a bayonet but the tabs could be removed making bayonet mounting functional again while other early 1,000 Howa appear to have the bayonet lug "ears" ground off. The early 1,000 Howa were held in Japan until late 1972 when they were released as AR-180 semi auto "sporting" rifles along with the second generation of Howa AR-180. Another related item are the ArmaLite 3x20 inverted post scopes with the elevation knob marked in meters. All 1,000 of these scopes have a serial number starting with 67 on the bottom of the base to denote the year of mfg by Hakko and it's my belief the scopes were matched to the first 1,000 serial numbered Howa AR-18 rifles also mfg in 1967.  ArmaLite was able to import the Hakko 67XXXX serial number scopes and they were sold in no special order with the Costa Mesa AR-18/180 rifles starting in 1969. It's tough to say which is more desirable, a 1,000 series Howa AR-180 or a Costa Mesa CA mfg AR-180, I'd say it's a draw either way for collectability and build quality. As for weaknesses IMO they are overblown, the folding stock lockup wasn't intended to hold up to the rifle being used as a battering ram. The folding stock was designed for airborne troops or for use by armored vehicle personnel. With an abundance of 20 and 30rd AR15 mags available for short money it isn't difficult to modify the AR-15 mags to function in the AR-180 in stead of paying top dollar for additional original ArmaLite mags if they are going to be used for range duty.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Serial number on the flash hider matches up (just checked), but the bayo shelves are ground off on mine. Given the history of the early Howas, I'll take it over a Costa Mesa. That doesn't mean someone else wouldn't value a Costa Mesa over a Howa I suppose.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Big Rix AR-180S with the folding stock installed is one excellent build that has a lot of time and effort put into it and I look forward to reading more about how it performs at the range. I'm sure Rick will have a couple of nice finishing touches on his rendition of the AR-180S. Re Rincon 11 Howa it appears he has the original correct time period M1 green cotton canvas web sling. I wouldn't expect to find many Howa or Costa Mesa AR-180 selling for $850, the prior owner priced it like a beater unloved barely functional Sterling. The other AR-180 alleged flaw is the bolt hold open device, most if not all of the broken bolt hold open devices were due to owner abuse and/or ignorance not following the instructions in the owners manual. Isplice your findings from checking photos and reading owners reports of their Howa AR-180 also mirror what I'v found re these inconsistent features. Isplice I'm wondering if you have noticed any difference in the finish on the handguards between a early 1,000 numbered Howa and the later mfg Howas. The early example I have it appears the handguards have a subdued finish not being glossy like the second generation Howa. The Howa you mentioned with the M16A1 bird cage FH is not original/correct, I'v also seen photos of a couple, probably they were Sterling, AR-180 that had aftermarket Mitchell muzzle breaks installed in place of the original duck bill FH. And not to forget the Howa AR-180 came with their own 20rd alloy mags with different markings on the floorplate from the Costa Mesa and Sterling mags.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#22]

BigRix, Your AR180S looks GREAT with the Folding Stock on it.  But, I have to ask, Does it fit in the case with the Stock Mounted?

Also, have you done any shooting since you mounted the stock?  You know a Range Report is required !!!

All-in-all, I do love these AR180's, and wish that I never got rid of the Sterling one I had a long, long time ago,

and had bought that AR180B that was BNIB for $475 many moons ago, and just put it away for the time when I could use an NDS Replacement Receiver.

I'll always keep my eyes open for a deal.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I have to do a few mods to the box to get it to fit but not as much as I was expecting.

Basically the stand offs that are felt covered need to be thinned and it will fit like a glove.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Isplice I'm wondering if you have noticed any difference in the finish on the handguards between a early 1,000 numbered Howa and the later mfg Howas. The early example I have it appears the handguards have a subdued finish not being glossy like the second generation.
View Quote

Not Isplice but this is my furniture. It's what I would call a high gloss, but I don't have a later one for comparison. The stock is little more subdued, but not much.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 2:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You want to talk to Mr. Pete Fleis in Missouri. Google will get you his FFL. He's the man to talk to about AR-180's.
View Quote

I second this with Mr. Flies.  He came up one year to a Bulletfest.  He had around a dozen AR-180's and some other items to shoot.  I shot his AR-180's the whole day there along with a full auto M-14 and FN Fal.  The FAL was much better than the M-14 in full auto.  Just IMHO!

Back on topic, he seemed to have had every variant AR-180 they made.  He is a great guy and very knowledgeable about the AR-18/180.

My instructor in Tactical Tracking used an AR-180 while in Rhodesia.  Liked it better than the M16.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Kobren,
I haven't noticed any difference in the furniture between the sub 1,000 Howa's and the later ones, although I do have a picture of Howa 81x that has a more subdued finish than the high gloss.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Rincon 11 and isplice thanks for your input re the Howa furniture, looks like the prior owner might of taken steel wool or something similar to create a dull rotary pattern on my early Howa handguards. If not the Howa factory whoever did it did a nice job of dulling the gloss finish.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's a shot of my high(er) serial # Howa, unmolested furniture as far as I'm aware.

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always enjoy reading your thoughts on the AR180, thank you for sharing such knowledge and good insight
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Isplice my early Howa is very very close in serial number to the 81X that you have a photo of with the subdued finish on the handguards so maybe it's possible this could of been factory done. Secondgen the photos you posted of your later production Howa perfectly matches the high gloss finish on my later example Howa. Kalahnikid your welcome but it's been a group effort on AR15 and a number of other members have contributed a lot of info even if it is as little as their AR-180 Hakko scope serial numbers. On quite a few occasions I'v spoken to Pete Fleis and he has passed on a good bit of info, some day I hope to get to St Louis and take up his offer of going thru all his original ArmaLite Costa Mesa files with drawings, purchase orders etc. Moving the AR-18/180 into the A15 Retro section from the AR Variants was a good move since a lot got overlooked in there. It could be difficult to fully understand the Colt AR15 history without including ArmaLite in the picture. Big Rix deserves a great deal of credit for creating the AR180S blog and I hope other interested AR-18/180 owners will contribute material to the blog and the ArmaLite AR-18/180 info/photos will be greatly expanded.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Awesome info all around, thanks Kobren. I love learning about these rifles. Definitely going to check out Rix's blog.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#32]
What parts from current parts offered by Armalite fit the original AR180s?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

What parts from current parts offered by Armalite fit the original AR180s?

Thanks
View Quote
Zero technically.  Some of their NOS AR-180 B stuff fits, specifically upper stuff.  I bought some of the hand guards to swap my top fiber guard out with the new zytel one so I could put rails on it, and beat on it without cracking the originals (bottom one is still factory).
Some of the springs and stuff fit too.  But as far as big ticket stuff, not much.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Don't want to let this thread die so show me your AR180's.

An even cooler case that a subscriber sent me a picture of.

AR180S.com
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#35]

BigRix,  I always like looking at these AR-180's.  And I thank you for putting these in the Retro Forum.

I have been kicking myself, for not picking up at least an AR-180B when they were cheap, and nobody wanted them.  And now with the NDS replacement Lowers, Damn!!

In the "Old Day's", I don't know how many AR-180's I've passed on, and don't really know why, because I've always felt that in some ways they were more advanced then the AR15.

Keep up with the Good Work !  And I also enjoy your AR180s.com site.

Eric

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I immediately wanted one the first time I saw The Terminator.... I can watch the Police Station Massacre Scene over and over again....
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#37]
OK guys, just a quick question.

What would y'all consider a correct vintage scope to go with a mount like this?

1" scope from the 70's to the early 80's.

PS I already have one with a single point.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OK guys, just a quick question.

What would y'all consider a correct vintage scope to go with a mount like this?

http://ar180s.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Tommy-Armalite-Scope-Mount.jpg

1" scope from the 70's to the early 80's.

PS I already have one with a single point.
View Quote

a vintage fixed power Weaver (3x or 4x)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Singlepoint
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Rick I had a 1960s vintage Weaver K2.5 scope with post and fine crosshair rectile on a ArmaLite 1" mount, IMO period correct. Reason for recommending the Weaver scope is they were up to military standards, rugged/accurate, Weaver provided US military with scopes in WW2 and the scopes were authorized as a substitute scope for military rifles in competitions. As previously noted a SinglePoint Sight would be appropriate, either the day or night sight with round clear or frosted dome.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#41]
That's the same mount that came with my AR-180 that I bought last December. I have no idea who the scope manufacturer is or it's power, but it looks like this.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#42]
An early Sterling, one of the first 100.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#43]
About a year ago, an acquaintance of mine came to the gun shop where I worked and offered me a new (unfortunately with no box), still Cosmoline coated, Howa made AR-180.  We went outside to complete the transfer since the man did NOT want the shop involved and the deal was between the two of us.  Also includes the Armalite 2.75X20 inverted post optic with leatherette lens covers, 9 20 round OEM marked magazines, 7 NEW (still with Cosmoline) and 2 with some rub marks and two spring steel inserts to adapt/modify a "standard" magazine to 5 rounds where that limit was/is required for other sporting uses (most often hunting).  Also included is a green web sling (new in bag), instruction manual and a cleaning rod kit still wrapped.  Also, I bought a StormWerke scope base so I could, should I decide to, shoot it using a "standard" scope.  All I have done is clean off most of the Cosmoline and fired two rounds into the shop test fire tube to make sure everything was working.  Yup, worked fine and, NO, I did NOT fire more than the two rounds!!!  Hard to resist!  Still debating with myself about taking it to the range.  Should I, should I not?  I am seriously thinking of selling it.  At age 70+, I don't have that much time left where I could "enjoy" it. Not my first rodeo with these.  Back in 1971, one of the deputies on the Shawnee County, Kansas Sheriffs office bought one and we were ALL unabashedly envious. I don't remember what he said (or if he said) he payed for it, but is was certainly a bargain looking back.  "If only..."
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At age 70+, I don't have that much time left where I could "enjoy it"
View Quote

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head, spend as much time shooting it as you can!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
About a year ago, an acquaintance of mine came to the gun shop where I worked and offered me a new (unfortunately with no box), still Cosmoline coated, Howa made AR-180.  We went outside to complete the transfer since the man did NOT want the shop involved and the deal was between the two of us.  Also includes the Armalite 2.75X20 inverted post optic with leatherette lens covers, 9 20 round OEM marked magazines, 7 NEW (still with Cosmoline) and 2 with some rub marks and two spring steel inserts to adapt/modify a "standard" magazine to 5 rounds where that limit was/is required for other sporting uses (most often hunting).  Also included is a green web sling (new in bag), instruction manual and a cleaning rod kit still wrapped.  Also, I bought a StormWerke scope base so I could, should I decide to, shoot it using a "standard" scope.  All I have done is clean off most of the Cosmoline and fired two rounds into the shop test fire tube to make sure everything was working.  Yup, worked fine and, NO, I did NOT fire more than the two rounds!!!  Hard to resist!  Still debating with myself about taking it to the range.  Should I, should I not?  I am seriously thinking of selling it.  At age 70+, I don't have that much time left where I could "enjoy" it. Not my first rodeo with these.  Back in 1971, one of the deputies on the Shawnee County, Kansas Sheriffs office bought one and we were ALL unabashedly envious. I don't remember what he said (or if he said) he payed for it, but is was certainly a bargain looking back.  "If only..."
View Quote

Great score. What did you pay?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#46]
If your not hurting for money why not take it to the range since your 71 years young. Just make sure to keep everything intact so later on down the road another shooter will also be able to enjoy owning your Howa AR-180.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
I gave $1,700 for everything before I got "educated" on these guns. So, yes, I got a fair deal.  I have noticed there are ones from all three of the manufacturers being offered on the two primary gun "lists".  Those are mostly in the $1,700- $1,900 range for a Howa brand with few in "unfired" condition.  (BTW, as best I know, no firearms leave the factory in "unfired" condition.  All are at least function fired for a few rounds.)  A few less expensive Sterlings are also available.  And, in all honesty, most of the original Costa Mesa guns look like hell!.  Seriously obvious spot welds, poor parkerizing, overall not reflecting quality.  That is not to say they don't work.  I have not seen any offers with the combination of accessories and condition as the one I have so I honestly have not worked up a "package price".  It is NOT one of the under 1,000 SN original Howas.  And to be PERFECTLY clear, all the Howas were required to be "DEMILED" under Japanese rules.  In most cases that I know of, that was a simple modification to the bottom of the front sight base where the two "ear/lugs" that fit in the bayonet latch groove in the pommel were removed.  That way the bayonet wouldn't lock in place (duct tape).

I don't think I am supposed to use this site to sell anything, so I won't let ya'll do the math of $2,000 rifle (I'll include the two mags I think that I think came originally withe the rifle), $450 (new) AR Optic (2nd Gen), 7 new OEM mags for $500 (they list $75 or more each on GB/AA) sling $10, manual $10, 2 OEM mag 5 round limiters (rare) $10, MILSPEC cleaning rod N/C, StormWerk scope base, $50. I'll also toss in a couple of SIG branded 556 mags (already cut for mag latch) and AR 30 round mags I modified to fit/work.  So IF I were trying to sell this, my math would come to about $3,000, all or nothing.  Not interested in itemized sale.  If anyone is actually interested, you will have to educate me on how to connect privately.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:48:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone want to venture a guess as to what these are?

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:37:08 AM EDT
[#49]
AAHH, AR 180 flats? How can you get one?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Sweet!
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top