Site Notices
7/31/2014 7:43:02 PM
Author
Posted: 11/26/2013 9:05:14 AM
I have seen several threads discussing Norrell's moly resin and Ceracoat colors, but I have not seen any info related to Duracoat colors used to refinish retro rifles. Duracoat's Colt Gray appears to match the newer finishes, but what about the older finishes? Does any Duracoat color match the early XM Gray anodizing?
Hollywood_Shooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2013 2:28:02 PM
Don't know, but IBT-"just send it out for cerakote" crowd
Kalahnikid
Ralph Bacon
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2013 2:53:05 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
Don't know, but IBT-"just send it out for cerakote" crowd

Whats wrong with that crowd? Its more durable.
Team Lighthouse
Award 24/365: Hate Farmer
Fighting Communists was more fun when it was a group effort abroad, not an insurgency at home.
Flash66
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/26/2013 3:57:31 PM
A few years ago I messed around with Duracoat on a retro build. I used the Colt Gray as a base and added lighter colors to get the right shade of early retro gray.

I reproduced the color OK but a Duracoated receiver will never look like the real deal. It never looked right. The paint is not the same texture or look of anodizing.

It is best to forget about the paint and just have US Anodizing do it right.
Sputnik556
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/27/2013 2:05:41 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Flash66:
A few years ago I messed around with Duracoat on a retro build. I used the Colt Gray as a base and added lighter colors to get the right shade of early retro gray.

I reproduced the color OK but a Duracoated receiver will never look like the real deal. It never looked right. The paint is not the same texture or look of anodizing.

I thought US anodizing wasn't accepting any work right now? Did I misread that somewhere?
boywonder777
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/27/2013 2:51:13 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By Flash66:

I thought US anodizing wasn't accepting any work right now? Did I misread that somewhere?

best thing to do is call or email them. depending on what you need done, victor may be able to fit you in his schedule.