Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2013 3:23:11 PM EDT
Was going through some old pics and saw these and thought i'd post them up again for the retro guys. All had M4 barrels and CAR stocks except for one that had an M4 stock and tube.

And one modern for fun.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool! Look at those flat sliprings. Thanks for sharing

Official Retro Forum Motto: "When in doubt of what you have...its an Airforce Carbine"
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome photos, thanks for sharing.  I have never seen those before.
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting, do any of those have the old 6 hole carbine hand guards?
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pics!  Where are those stationed?  Love the A2 upper and a flat slip ring. Parts is parts!
Link Posted: 6/29/2013 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Those are all from Bullis, as for the HG's I remember one having standard oval M$ guards and the rest were smaller CAR guards. As for the number of holes I couldn't say for sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those are all from Bullis, as for the HG's I remember one having standard oval M$ guards and the rest were smaller CAR guards. As for the number of holes I couldn't say for sure.

Thanks, that answers my question.  I can't see hand guards in all the photos and I was curious how many used the old "skinny" carbine hand guards.  Do you remember what kind of flash hiders were used?  How many birdcage / A2 style?  I see black silent slings, are field expedient slings allowed?
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the pics OP.  I just love AF mutts
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 3:11:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, that answers my question.  I can't see hand guards in all the photos and I was curious how many used the old "skinny" carbine hand guards.  Do you remember what kind of flash hiders were used?  How many birdcage / A2 style?  I see black silent slings, are field expedient slings allowed?

All had standard M4 BBL's and A2 FH's. Also forgot to get pics of the other side but nearly all but 1 or 2 were slcik uppers. As for slings they went through a couple of variations that I saw. They also tried some G&G single point adapters which sucked.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top