Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2012 4:12:55 AM EDT
Early Colt 3x scope, marked made in USA on ebay auction site.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colt-Scope-/150780930747?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7133746036681179701&autorefresh=true

Appears to have one of the mount screw heads stripped off, but all in all it looks ok.

The Colt lettering is not filled in, in fine script.  Price currently is $100

CaliRN
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Im not an expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have heard that the Japanese ones had better glass in them.  Made by hakko.  I have one on my A1 Retro and love it.  Field of view is kind of restrictive as compared to modern scopes, but it is fun.

$100 is a pretty good price.  They usually go for $300 or so in decent condition.

Pic of mine...

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Im not an expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but I have heard that the Japanese ones had better glass in them.  Made by hakko.  I have one on my A1 Retro and love it.  Field of view is kind of restrictive as compared to modern scopes, but it is fun.

$100 is a pretty good price.  They usually go for $300 or so in decent condition.

Pic of mine...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7060/6968011601_cec3e50a9c.jpg

It may be true that the Japanese optics are better, but anyone buying a Made in USA marked scope is not buying them for the optics, but for the collector value.  If you just wanted a good tactical scope, you could get an ACOG.  Having said that, I have all the iterations of Colt 3X20 scopes, and find them to all be about the same, and I'm happy with them.  Here are the markings:

L to R:  USA, early Japanese, Later Japanese and ever later Japanese:

Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, mine is the same as the third one in the pics White, thin line Colt logo.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top