User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 56
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Now that you mention it I grabbed a real one and it looks much different on the split and head area looks off as well. I wasn't aware they made repros of parked original style retainer pins so I didn't give it to much thought to it being so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boywonder777:
HKILLER - I just sold one of those parked FP retainer pins for $125.00 a few weeks back. I think the upside is around $150 if you wait for the right buyer but I needed the money to help fund a new work pistol.

fwiw, that pin doesn't look original in that pic.  the split seems to have a slight enlargement around it whereas my originals don't have that.

Now that you mention it I grabbed a real one and it looks much different on the split and head area looks off as well. I wasn't aware they made repros of parked original style retainer pins so I didn't give it to much thought to it being so.

yeah i've seen a few different parked repros.  one has a lot shorter split, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the originals.  these pins are really hard to identify unless you have an original to compare it to.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 2:01:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: live4nov] [#2]

yeah i've seen a few different parked repros.  one has a lot shorter split, maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the originals.  these pins are really hard to identify unless you have an original to compare it to.
View All Quotes

HKILLER - I just sold one of those parked FP retainer pins for $125.00 a few weeks back. I think the upside is around $150 if you wait for the right buyer but I needed the money to help fund a new work pistol.

fwiw, that pin doesn't look original in that pic.  the split seems to have a slight enlargement around it whereas my originals don't have that.

These repos are different than the one in question, but closer to the originals I have seen.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I need a real one for my 1964 SP1, someone snagged the bolt carrier assemble before I bought it, I will keep looking and use my repro as a place keeper
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you guys think on value for a 1973 Colt SP1 rifle, in 95%+ condition, all original parts and 4 Colt 20 rounders with metal followers? Local guy has one and is firm on $1200, which seems on the low end of fair for its age and condition, going by whats on gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#5]
Originally Posted By jnfuga2:
What do you guys think on value for a 1973 Colt SP1 rifle, in 95%+ condition, all original parts and 4 Colt 20 rounders with metal followers? Local guy has one and is firm on $1200, which seems on the low end of fair for its age and condition, going by whats on gunbroker right now.
View Quote

I paid that just last October for a 1971 SP1 in roughly the same condition in the original box with all the accessories, paperwork, and 2 mags. That price isn't bad at all if you want one and it's in original unmolested condition.

I see them at $1500 for nice examples for just the rifle and a mag.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:05:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skidman] [#6]
I paid $1200 for a 1968 manufactured SP1 with NO box or magazines... But the rifle looks like it has been fired very little if at all.    

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By skidman:
I paid $1200 for a 1968 manufactured SP1 with NO box or magazines... But the rifle looks like it has been fired very little if at all.    

<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/user/skidman/media/SP1-2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/skidman/SP1-2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/user/skidman/media/fav.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/skidman/fav.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very Nice!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Colt Slickside upper that was painted with Norrels by the previous owner.  I am wanting to go with a nice 604 upper instead for my build.  Could anyone give please me a value on this upper?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:35:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#9]
Before the appraisal...... Stripping the norrels will add to the value if the finish isn't destroyed underneath. I'd find out why it was stripped and bring it down to original finish to bring more money (IF there isn't issues under the Norrel's)

ETA -What a shame. Nice 604 resprayed....
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Before the appraisal...... Stripping the norrels will add to the value if the finish isn't destroyed underneath. I'd find out why it was stripped and bring it down to original finish to bring more money (IF there isn't issues under the Norrel's)

View Quote

Whats the best method for stripping the norrels without damaging whats underneath?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By brunnels:

Whats the best method for stripping the norrels without damaging whats underneath?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brunnels:

I have heard everything from oven cleaner to brake cleaner, I don't have a real answer. This question is better posted in the forum.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:54:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#12]
Wondering what a nice square forge 603 upper goes for, I'm considering a 609 clone as my first SBR.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Your basic square forge 603 and 604 uppers seemed to go up in price over the winter from $150-$160 to $190-$200.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Your basic square forge 603 and 604 uppers seemed to go up in price over the winter from $150-$160 to $190-$200.
View Quote

Well that sucks.

I would pay that probably but it would have to be a nice one.

Do the uppers that match up with the lines on the lower go for more?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

Well that sucks.

View All Quotes

Well that sucks.

I paid $300 for that early 604 upper I just posted in that build thread, then add in another $100 for the correct early large square pad port door. $400+ for an upper, Hal143 paid $500 for an original 605 upper, 601, 602, early XM16E1 uppers fetching $300-$400+. I bought my 602 upper for $290.00 shipped in 2009 and that was stupid money back then, I can imagine it's prolly a $500.00 upper now with the large square pad port door.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks For your Ideas.
Your Ideas is Genius Aimless
http://halapark.tk/2/o.png
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Wondering what a nice square forge 603 upper goes for, I'm considering a 609 clone as my first SBR.

Thanks.
View Quote

Personal opinion: on my builds that I can get all correct parts on, I want it to be totally correct and right. On stuff where its not possible to get it totally correct, I'm ok with using repro uppers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

Personal opinion: on my builds that I can get all correct parts on, I want it to be totally correct and right. On stuff where its not possible to get it totally correct, I'm ok with using repro uppers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

Thanks.

I would probably do that except that I did that with my 603 and I was less than satisfied.

I'm going to try to do a correct all Colt (except for the lower and barrel) this time.

I figure if I'm going to spend the money on a stamp and vinyl acetate stock I should just bite the bullet and build something to be proud of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#19]
Double tap.

I guess while I'm here I could ask what a nice Colt vinyl acetate stock goes for these days?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 4:22:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#20]
Double tap.

I guess while I'm here I could ask what a nice Colt vinyl acetate stock goes for these days?
View Quote

$200+ for just the body. Possibly find a deal for the whole assembly for $200 - $250. They are outrageous....

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#21]

$200+ for just the body. Possibly find a deal for the whole assembly for $200 - $250. They are outrageous....

View All Quotes
Double tap.

$430 for a nice body
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=462862559

$430 for an ok body and ok tube
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=468877673
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#22]

$430 for a nice body

View All Quotes
Double tap.

$430 for a nice body

That's about $150 more than I'd be willing to pay. Are there any other options?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Double tap.

$430 for a nice body

Essential Arms is the next best thing.  It has a raised B but it's not too noticeable.  Not sure what their price is now, you gotta call.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#24]
That more like it.

Maybe I'll find one that's got a few flaws at an affordable price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=468728948
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:43:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#25]
That more like it.

View Quote

That was a nice one. Had a few paint chips, but easy to touch it up to hide those. Yeah, it sold right at where I said the bodies sell for $200-$250. I've never seen one for $400 but have seen minty assemblies for $350 plus shipping. It's a matter of time before they're $500. Go with the Essential Arms Aluminum CAR Stock for $150.00, you will be very happy with it. If you'd like to see what they look like, I can send you a pic.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#26]

That was a nice one. Had a few paint chips, but easy to touch it up to hide those. Yeah, it sold right at where I said the bodies sell for $200-$250. I've never seen one for $400 but have seen minty assemblies for $350 plus shipping. It's a matter of time before they're $500. Go with the Essential Arms Aluminum CAR Stock for $150.00, you will be very happy with it. If you'd like to see what they look like, I can send you a pic.
View All Quotes
That more like it.

I look into that, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]
This one's currently at $200 with a couple of extras. It could have been had as a "Buy Now" a few days ago before it met the reserve.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=470773439
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

That more like it.

Here's an EA stock with a Nodak receiver extension I bought a couple of months ago on the EE. It compares well with the original Colt that came on my SP1 Carbine.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:43:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I've got a late 604 upper, 99% condition, not refinished, with a light grey EPC, bronze EPC spring, nice legible colt proofs, and the rear sight assembly that looks factory installed.  Front lug is counter bored, and lugs are darker that the receiver.  What is something like this going for these days?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By isplice:
I've got a late 604 upper, 99% condition, not refinished, with a light grey EPC, bronze EPC spring, nice legible colt proofs, and the rear sight assembly that looks factory installed.  Front lug is counter bored, and lugs are darker that the receiver.  What is something like this going for these days?  Thank you.
View Quote

Hard to say exactly without pictures but $175-$200
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By isplice:

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:14:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Wondering about this one I recently bought.  Said it was a Martin Marietta upper.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#33]
The "P" marking is an indicator that when the Upper was forged that it was made as part of a spares or parts run, that is was not Forged to be part of a completed rifle. This would basically mean that a "P" marked Upper was a "Spare Parts Upper".

The "M" marking would be the standard marking for Martin Marietta.

This would make the "PM" marked Uppers, spares that were forged by Martin Marietta, and then sent into the "USGI System" as replacement or rebuild parts. Examples of PM marked A1 uppers were sent to the Philipines to complete Elisco Rifles.    

Having said that, nice pick up and I'd appraise it at $160-$175 in today's A1/C7 market prices.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#34]
The "P" marking is an indicator that when the Upper was forged that it was made as part of a spares or parts run, that is was not Forged to be part of a completed rifle. This would basically mean that a "P" marked Upper was a "Spare Parts Upper".

The "M" marking would be the standard marking for Martin Marietta.

This would make the "PM" marked Uppers, spares that were forged by Martin Marietta, and then sent into the "USGI System" as replacement or rebuild parts. Examples of PM marked A1 uppers were sent to the Philipines to complete Elisco Rifles.    

Having said that, nice pick up and I'd appraise it at $160-$175 in today's A1/C7 market prices.
View Quote

Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Considering selling this complete retro build. What's it worth???

Correct GM Upper with MP C Barrel.
GM Charging Handle, Bolt Hold Open, and Forward Assist.
Colt FA Bolt Carrier (has a "C:" on it) and Colt Bolt.
Colt FCG parts, but no FA parts.

80% receiver was reprofiled to the A1 configuration and engraved by Braceman.
Machined to 100% by myself on a CNC mill.
Anodized by US Anodizing. The anodizing was done to match the upper (black over gold).

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:53:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#36]
Buyers market for complete builds but parting it out would get you around a grand. Maybe a little more, it's a tough one because you really have to be into the GM's to pay a premium for the parts. Colt stuff sells fast and you can put a number on just about every part A1 or older... Is the GM Hydro stuff worth more than Colt? Yes to some and no to others.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#37]
A friend of a friend recently found an authentic XM177 moderator in a stash of old parts. He can either turn it into the ATF or register it under the NFA as a silencer. These were legal to buy until the 70s, but the ATF stepped in and defined them as silencers as they moderate the sound and blast of carbines to resemble the signature of a full length battle rifle. He doesn't need it as he already has actual silencers, but we're wondering if it's viable to register it and pay the tax stamp to resell it to someone else. Is there a demand for these pieces, and if so what is the approximate value? I don't have a picture, but it looks like this one, but the parkerized (?) finish has worn off and its slightly polished.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Value of a Colt 9mm Barrel ?

10.5 inch
Barrel markings are  "C MP CB"  "9MM" and "6/97".

Bore looks perfect.  Unknown number of rounds shot.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]
ArmedSuspect

Do you have any of the Chrome BCG's for the early mod 604 rifles?

If you have any that you're willing to sell please let me know... [email protected]

Brandon
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#40]
What would this stock go for ?

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Wondering what this might be worth on behalf of my dad who just picked this up from a co worker. We really don't know much about it, I have not seen it it person, just these pics. Thanks for any replies
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weasel_Master] [#42]
There's some tape residue otherwise no cracks or chips.  What are handguards valued at, I'm new to the retro side.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MDN:

Thanks for the info.

<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3887.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3887.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3888.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3888.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3889.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3889.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3891.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3891.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDN:

Thanks for the info.

<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3887.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3887.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3888.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3888.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3889.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3889.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s137.photobucket.com/user/mattyn/media/DSCN3891.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/mattyn/DSCN3891.jpg</a>

$30-$35 for the stock body, depending on if the buffer tube is grey $15-$30 for the tube.

Originally Posted By snopro168:
Wondering what this might be worth on behalf of my dad who just picked this up from a co worker. We really don't know much about it, I have not seen it it person, just these pics. Thanks for any replies
http:// <a href=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/snopro168/IMG950469_zps78i88fyg.jpg</a>" />
http:// <a href=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/snopro168/IMG_0471_zpsc9sqhjuv.jpg</a>" />
http:// <a href=http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy146/snopro168/IMG_0470_zps15nybyhl.jpg</a>" />

it's a preban lower, $600-$650 for the lower.  around $950-$1000 for the complete rifle if you advertise it as preban

Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
There's some tape residue otherwise no cracks or chips.  What are handguards valued at, I'm new to the retro side.

<a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/user/weasel_master/media/IMG_4220_zpsyalxikaa.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/weasel_master/IMG_4220_zpsyalxikaa.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/user/weasel_master/media/IMG_4214_zpsiwvaywar.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/weasel_master/IMG_4214_zpsiwvaywar.jpg</a>

$30-$35 a pair.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn, I thought I got a decent deal but looks like I overpaid.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:
Damn, I thought I got a decent deal but looks like I overpaid.
View Quote

the ones with drainholes and L/R marked are the most common, ones in really nice shape are harder to find but not rare.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Have a pre-ban AR "Sporter II" Carbine fired a few times, looks to be mint.  It's a CA registered gun.  Any idea what the value is?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:14:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By scrannel:
Have a pre-ban AR "Sporter II" Carbine fired a few times, looks to be mint.  It's a CA registered gun.  Any idea what the value is?  Thanks!
View Quote

$1200-$1250
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Need to know current value on this original XM148 grenade launcher sight. Please back up with any recent sales or auctions. I do NOT want "I think it's worth" answers. TIA.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Okay, I need to figure a possible value for a complete 90% Colt CAR15 set (less the Nodak Spud stripped 601 lower).  I was just forced to resign from my job for a health issue and the employer is fighting my unemployment. I am getting a lawyer, but that takes time.  Anyway here's what I need a value on, if I need to sell it, though hopefully it won't come to that . Just need info, for now.

Complete CAR-15 less stripped lower

-Early Colt square forge 604 upper (complete)
-Colt 6420 "Pencil barrel, 1/7" twist, 16"
-Colt flat slip ring
-Colt N marked Fiberite stock  with milspec tube, spring, and H buffer
-No name 6 hole handguards (look just like Colt)
-Colt 601 Bolt Carrier with full round key and Stag Arms chrome bolt
-Late model Colt charging handle
-LPK some Colt parts
-Colt A1 grip
Colt A1 flash hider
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top