Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 85
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Got my Chieu Hoi bag in the mail too.  I have a BFPU mottled A1 PG that needs a new home
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What the hell did I claim?

ETA

[div style='font-size: 10.9090909957886px;']Oh maybe scope cap?
[div style='font-size: 10.9090909957886px;']

[div style='font-size: 10.9090909957886px;']Old Man Syndrome is debilitating.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Put me down for a Chieu Hoi mag bag.

Garbageman: Your package was dropped off today at 4:45pm.

ETA

The scope cap was already yours, youclaimed an A1 pistol grip before your vacation from work. Are you suffering from early onset dimensia?

P.S. You know a lot about WWII knives correct? I have a 1942 US fighting knife and a thin  bladed double edged fighting knife that I was told was made for the SAS. Any truth or info you can give me?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody was going to send me a rifle gastube but I guess they forgot? I also forgot who it was, LOL.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The scope cap was already yours, youclaimed an A1 pistol grip before your vacation from work. Are you suffering from early onset dimensia?

P.S. You know a lot about WWII knives correct? I have a 1942 US fighting knife and a thin  bladed double edged fighting knife that I was told was made for the SAS. Any truth or info you can give me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting knife was used by the OSS, Commandos, SAS and others. Case also made the V42 fighting knife patterned after the F-S knife  that was used by OSS, Merrell's Marauders, FSSF and others. The OSS specific knife was also a copy of the F-S and was made by Landers, Frary & Clark.   Post up a pic, I love WW2 knives.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting knife was used by the OSS, Commandos, SAS and others. Case also made the V42 fighting knife patterned after the F-S knife  that was used by OSS, Merrell's Marauders, FSSF and others. The OSS specific knife was also a copy of the F-S and was made by Landers, Frary & Clark.   Post up a pic, I love WW2 knives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Me too, and I would love to see pics - maybe I'll take a few new ones, but this is not the thread for it. I suggest someone start a new thread... I bought a V42 copy the other day, then found out it was cheap Chinese crap and cancelled the order. It would probably work great, and I'm tempted to add it to my display design I'm working up, but would like to see pics of some real ones. Fairbairn and Applegate were geniuses.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Me too, and I would love to see pics - maybe I'll take a few new ones, but this is not the thread for it. I suggest someone start a new thread... I bought a V42 copy the other day, then found out it was cheap Chinese crap and cancelled the order. It would probably work great, and I'm tempted to add it to my display design I'm working up, but would like to see pics of some real ones. Fairbairn and Applegate were geniuses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA

Oh maybe scope cap?

Old Man Syndrome is debilitating.

Me 3!

NOW I remember the speckled pup we talked about!

[div]On the pig pokers I'll send you my email to keep this thread clean.

[div]

[div]Is 50 early onset dementia? I can't remember!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Sykes Fighting knife that's the one! My Grandfather traded his issued Kabar for it on the transpot from North Africa to Sicily, he got it from a British NCO in charge of an all Indian Platoon, the NCO thought very poorly of his men and I gess the 2nd Lt got hit on the landing and he was the raning NCO, which put him in line for a battlefield promotion (which he didn't want). He also came home with a Model 1942 fighting knife he traded a pack of Lucky's and the Swastika he cut off the wing of a Stuka he shot down manning a quad .50 in the back of a half-track. Sure I'd love to post pics, but I'll post them in a new thread so we don't get off topic. I also have a mid 1980's Dive Knife made by Glock, It's blade looks just like an M7, except no ring and the grip is black plastic, the sheath is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
To get back on track and in the spirit of the season... I have a set of A1 furniture I'll put up. The stock is missing the door and a rack number of 287, the grip has a small chip in it and the guards are repaired and sprayed with matt black DuraCoat. All to one person as a set. First I'll take it and an IM with address gets it. Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Ill take the set of a1 furniture.

IM with address sent.

Im putting up a 20 Round Colt magazine. Marked 5.56 on floorplate, black plastic follower. No UI code on body.  

Also, you be getting three bolts with broken lugs. This comes with mag.  

It will probably be shipped on the 24th. I can't ship it til then. But, rest assured i wont forget like has happened with others. LOL.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
They are yours. I'll get them boxed up and shipped out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

IM with address sent.

Im putting up a 20 Round Colt magazine. Marked 5.56 on floorplate, black plastic follower. No UI code on body.  

It will probably be shipped on the 24th. I can't ship it til then. But, rest assured i wont forget like has happened with others. LOL.

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

I could use the mag :)   No rush on shipping, hold it until after all of the holiday mess subsides

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
ET2SS, Mag is yours, email me mailing address.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

IM with address sent.

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

I am wracking my brain on what cool desk tchotchke (a small object that is decorative rather than strictly functional; a trinket.) I could make with 3 broken lug bolts.  

I am thinking I should start collecting parts for a wall display 603 build with all broken parts!  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I am wracking my brain on what cool desk tchotchke (a small object that is decorative rather than strictly functional; a trinket.) I could make with 3 broken lug bolts.  

I am thinking I should start collecting parts for a wall display 603 build with all broken parts!  Thoughts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IM with address sent.

Merry Christmas!

Yep. You got the sickness bad!

Someone else is building a display rifle around a sewer pipe barrel they picked up and are actively looking for scrap parts.

Hopefully I can get you two in a bidding war and make bank!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I paid for these bolts and didnt know lugs were broke. They said they were broke but just didnt think about lugs being busted off. I gave 10 for the three. Ill ship them to you for free! If ET2SS. Wants em he gets first dibs.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I have no use for them. Would be neat to see some desk 'art' made from them
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, next person that wants em will get em or I may send them with the next thing I give away, anyway, lol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'm thinking three "feet" for SOMETHING!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
OK, HIPSHOT's offer to send me a no-tick selector inspired me to put something else up:  One used, but good condition, carbine length gas tube (no roll pin).  Also still have one more Chieu Hoi bag left.  And, dang it, I am always too slow to say I'll take it on the last couple later 20 rounders with plastic followers.  I need to make a couple to make into 10 rounders, but don't want to take my early 223 marked Colts with aluminum followers
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OK, HIPSHOT's offer to send me a no-tick selector inspired me to put something else up:  One used, but good condition, carbine length gas tube (no roll pin).  Also still have one more Chieu Hoi bag left.  And, dang it, I am always too slow to say I'll take it on the last couple later 20 rounders with plastic followers.  I need to make a couple to make into 10 rounders, but don't want to take my early 223 marked Colts with aluminum followers
View Quote

I got you covered on those too, for your tutorial helping me make Colt 20's into 10 round cali legal mags. I'm doing 7 of them for my friend in El Segundo, so I'll put 2 of them off to the side fo you. I have a lot going on this winter, so it will prolly be late February by the time you get them.Thanks  Again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I got you covered on those too, for your tutorial helping me make Colt 20's into 10 round cali legal mags. I'm doing 7 of them for my friend in El Segundo, so I'll put 2 of them off to the side fo you. I have a lot going on this winter, so it will prolly be late February by the time you get them.Thanks  Again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You,Sir, ROCK!

I'll offer up something else up... hmmmm?  How about a NOS A1 front sight post, detent and spring...to go along with the carbine length gas tube and one more Chieu Hoi bag.  Heck, I'll even put up two more Chieu Hoi bags from my stash, for a total of three available.  Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn this thread has been busy today, good job guys!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I really need a carbine gastube for the 727 I'm bulding my brother for Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#24]
imarangemaster... I will take a Chieu Hoi bag. I don't want to be greedy but if no one claims the other one or two I'll take them too (obviously please give more than enough time for people to claim them first) if no one else wants them. I will pull some items and get them posted. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

How about a NOS A1 front sight post, detent and spring...to go along with the carbine length gas tube and one more Chieu Hoi bag.  Heck, I'll even put up two more Chieu Hoi bags from my stash, for a total of three available.  Merry Christmas!
View Quote

I'll take the front sight post, detent and spring if still available, and will dig in the parts boxes to see what I can offer up.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'll take the front sight post, detent and spring if still available, and will dig in the parts boxes to see what I can offer up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about a NOS A1 front sight post, detent and spring...to go along with the carbine length gas tube and one more Chieu Hoi bag.  Heck, I'll even put up two more Chieu Hoi bags from my stash, for a total of three available.  Merry Christmas!

Its yours.  IM me your addy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
To get back on track and in the spirit of the season... I have a set of A1 furniture I'll put up. The stock is missing the door and a rack number of 287, the grip has a small chip in it and the guards are repaired and sprayed with matt black DuraCoat. All to one person as a set. First I'll take it and an IM with address gets it. Merry Christmas!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag132/58Bisc/guns/7511CBCB-956C-433F-B94F-B84D12276F5E_zpsmjffhmpg.jpg
View Quote

Those handgaurds came out faulous! Great Job
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Which one did I pick Hippy? Is this the same ad?

Hippy's Retro Cornucopia of Pistol Grips!

This is going to be  QUITE the festive Retro Christmas!

Santa is also bringing me a nice chrome bolt I got off of EE for a reasonable price.

So I've got Retro Secret Santa and Retro EE Santa and Retro PIF Santa ALL bringing me Sweet Christmas Swag!

I've got another 5 pack of PAL Razors for someone's Junk on the Bunk display.

Email if'n ya want it!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Santa is also bringing me a nice chrome bolt I got off of EE for a reasonable price.

So I've got Retro Secret Santa and Retro EE Santa and Retro PIF Santa ALL bringing me Sweet Christmas Swag!

Email if'n ya want it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA

Email if'n ya want it!

I don't remember what number you picked, that's the new ad, the old one was too cluttered. I put the grip you chose inside a padded envelope as soon as you picked the number.I guess that makes it more of a christmas surprise.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Got the books from Trinadad! Thanks!  Gas tube, front sight set, and more Chieu Hoi bags out.  Just one Chieu Hoi bag left.  I may have to dig a little deeper for some more treats.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
What does those mag bags say on em?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#32]
This is the translation I found:

The full translation reads: "Returning Chieu Hoi will help you to again see your parents and family in a peaceful and democratic South Vietnam."
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
imarangemaster... I will take a Chieu Hoi bag. I don't want to be greedy but if no one claims the other one or two I'll take them too (obviously please give more than enough time for people to claim them first) if no one else wants them. I will pull some items and get them posted. Thanks!
View Quote

You can have 2 bags, since no one else spoke up (I gave another away in another deal.  IM me you mailing address
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

IM with address sent
View Quote

Shipped today. IM sent with tracking data.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm not really sure how this works so if I screw up please let me know.  I have several "far from perfect but maybe good enough for somebody" parts that I would like to donate.  First is two A1 handguard (right side onlys).  These are the SpongeBob edition with broken teeth If you need one let me know and I will ship it to you.

Second is a cracked A1 buttplate with screw; sorry, no door.  I can send either piece or both if you want.  Just let me know where to ship it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2014 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Last of the Chieu Hoi bags went out today.  No more left.  Demand exceeded what I was going to give, but I dipped into mypersonal stash to fill everyone's request.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I will take one of the handguards, and the buttplate, thanks
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I will take one of the handguards, and the buttplate, thanks
View Quote

Handguard and buttplate on their way.  Enjoy them.

Remaining handguard and buttstock screw still available.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Furniture received from 5437. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:42:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You can have 2 bags, since no one else spoke up (I gave another away in another deal.  IM me you mailing address
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
I will put up an NOS retro buttstock screw with drainhole.
I've seen some members looking for these on another post so I hope someone can use it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thanks!
I've seen some members looking for these on another post so I hope someone can use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I'll take the NOS retro buttstock screw with drain hole
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet they would make cool key fobs
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Making a pen out on one. A short pen, but a pen, lol.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Who ever wants them
I'll take it gets one or
both first let me know Im or email ok.

A1 butt plate type E minus door with normal cracks and

NOS rear swivel screw

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Tslepebull the package arrived today, thank you for the parts
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:00:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Bag arrived today in excellent condition...Thank You imarangemaster!!

*Buttstock screw w/drainhole has been claimed by B7R. send me your shipping info please.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Hey!!!!!!!!.......some new blood. Alleluia!! Good to see. I was beginning to think there were only 3 or 4 guys finishing builds and looking for "that last part".   Happy New Year!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#49]
I ended up with an "M16 Armors Kit" that has a bunch of extra pieces, parts, springs etc and then I noticed it has a bunch of those large pin lower to small pin upper adapter screw pins so if anybody needs one let me know.

Offer is for the adapter pins only, sorry for any confusion
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Wanting an adapter pin withdrawn, thanks.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top