BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 85
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
GeoB,

Got the package today and took my needed items out and stuffed the FSB back in the box and mailed it out to BoDave!

PIF is alive and well.

Hippy send the dude an email. They way USPS is run it coulda gone AWOL or he coulda forgot to mail it. (Or couldn't find it! I can't find sheet!)

Either way you guys can and should work it out.

If ya never get it ya never had it. They have to live with their actions.

AND to keep the PIF love going I got a black silent sling I'll gladly send along to some desirous member. (hehehe he said member) You aint even got to give me a reach around!

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been pretty lucky, and almost always get what I speak up for.  There was one guy a year or two ago, who took a bunch of stuff, put up a couple things, one of which I called for but never got.  I IMed him repeated, and never got an answer. Never saw him on retro forum after that.

Speaking of which, is there anyone I have sent stuff to that didn't get it?  (I'm still looking for that hammer for you, MILSPEC556!  Maybe in my AK parts box????)
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You know, maybe we need a ban list for this thread for those who f2f o not send something 2 different times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just checking in to see if I'm ever going to get my stuff...... It's been 7 weeks and nothing, I have lots of goodies to PIF but don't wanna put anything up because I haven't reveived anything in months.

You know, maybe we need a ban list for this thread for those who f2f o not send something 2 different times.

I am not adding any fire to this, I want those who have not provided you with want you claimed and a pit thread. This thread has made feel so good to be a member, and I have gave, and taken from you great guys. I don't want this to stop.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am not adding any fire to this, I want those who have not provided you with want you claimed and a pit thread. This thread has made feel so good to be a member, and I have gave, and taken from you great guys. I don't want this to stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just checking in to see if I'm ever going to get my stuff...... It's been 7 weeks and nothing, I have lots of goodies to PIF but don't wanna put anything up because I haven't reveived anything in months.

Nailed it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guys - this is NOT how this thread works. You put something up to pay it forward. There should be no expectation of getting something for everything you put up. We've had a few members who snatched up everything they could - it's just how it is sometimes. Hell, I could probably use everything I've seen on this forum, but I only grab something if it's a part I really, really need for a build. I will put up a scuffed black Delta ring, and will look for something else this weekend.

Now -Milspec556 - are you still needing a hammer? Because I have one I will send you. LMK, 'kay? That's how this works - we are all here to help each other get our builds done. It's too bad people get greedy, but it's rare in my experience, and we do not need to involve the mods in this thread, so talk of banning someone is just going too far. Back when this forum started, a guy would ask 'Hey - where can I find an A1 PG to finish my build?' in a thread, and within minutes someone would offer to send him one gratis. THAT is the spirit of retro, not "Take a part, put up a part". Heatnbeat started this thread to consolidate all the giving going on, not to consolidate taking. I just want you guys to keep this in mind - you're getting away from the true spirit and concept of this. Now, back to your regularly scheduled builds...

ETA: One more thing - there has never been ANY requirement that for receiving a part, you then have to put one up - it's just good form. Don't take something unless you really need it -- because maybe some other poor slob needs it more. I backed out of taking a part a couple times because someone else had a real need for it and was further along on his build.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it.

I have to chime in and post my 2 cents.  I think the majority here already know what the meaning of the words Honor  and Integrity means.
Those of you who don't, go look it up and then live by it. Trust me it will make your lives better in the long run. That is all!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I think whomever offers something, then doesn't send it to whomever claims it will get to where everyone knows their rep and won't claim anything they offer, but a person could not allow them to be one who claims anything of theirs as well.

I've given parts to people away from this thread and have been given parts away from here.

I love the brotherhood of the retro heads.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Guys - this is NOT how this thread works. You put something up to pay it forward. There should be no expectation of getting something for everything you put up. We've had a few members who snatched up everything they could - it's just how it is sometimes. Hell, I could probably use everything I've seen on this forum, but I only grab something if it's a part I really, really need for a build. I will put up a scuffed black Delta ring, and will look for something else this weekend.

Now -Milspec556 - are you still needing a hammer? Because I have one I will send you. LMK, 'kay? That's how this works - we are all here to help each other get our builds done. It's too bad people get greedy, but it's rare in my experience, and we do not need to involve the mods in this thread, so talk of banning someone is just going too far. Back when this forum started, a guy would ask 'Hey - where can I find an A1 PG to finish my build?' in a thread, and within minutes someone would offer to send him one gratis. THAT is the spirit of retro, not "Take a part, put up a part". Heatnbeat started this thread to consolidate all the giving going on, not to consolidate taking. I just want you guys to keep this in mind - you're getting away from the true spirit and concept of this. Now, back to your regularly scheduled builds...

ETA: One more thing - there has never been ANY requirement that for receiving a part, you then have to put one up - it's just good form. Don't take something unless you really need it -- because maybe some other poor slob needs it more. I backed out of taking a part a couple times because someone else had a real need for it and was further along on his build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said Morg, everyone's goal here should be to give more than they take.

I'm going to see if I can find something else to put up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Morg, please take no offense to this...but how would you feel if you put up really great items for years, multiples at a time, without caring if you ever got anything in return? Then all of a sudde someones posts something you could actually use, you claim it. then another, and you never received said items? It surely has put a damper on my PIF faith, if anyone here knows me, I go out of my way to ensure that members get high quality items and find it sad that people offer up items and then not deliver at all. It's as if these few take some of the higher end items then "promise" to put something up later. Crock of shit in my book, it takes 10 minutes top to put up another item, so there's no excuse for procrastination unless your at work ot are loggin in on a cellular device.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^^^^^^^^ Nailed it.  Right on the head!
This thread has been a feeding frenzy the last few months.  It's looked more like a "Trade it now" thread than a "PIF" thread as envisioned by Heatnbeat.
Hipshot........if you feel that you're coming out on the short end of the stick the best thing I could suggest is to "drop out" of PIF. I don't mean that as a slight against you either. I've seen you put up some pretty nice stuff.
.......and I'll finish by asking everyone.......have I forgotten to send something that I put up?  (early stages of CRS/Sometimers here)
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I've still got a rifle buffer I'll ship somebody......to imarangemaster
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Morg, please take no offense to this...but how would you feel if you put up really great items for years, multiples at a time, without caring if you ever got anything in return? Then all of a sudde someones posts something you could actually use, you claim it. then another, and you never received said items? It surely has put a damper on my PIF faith, if anyone here knows me, I go out of my way to ensure that members get high quality items and find it sad that people offer up items and then not deliver at all. It's as if these few take some of the higher end items then "promise" to put something up later. Crock of shit in my book, it takes 10 minutes top to put up another item, so there's no excuse for procrastination unless your at work ot are loggin in on a cellular device.
View Quote

I do understand this, believe me. I know it's hard to take the moral high ground when that kind of stuff is going on, I know. In 10 years of this forum, I've seen good and bad here, but mostly good - like 98% good. It's people like you who put stuff up who make this thread what it is. IM me what items you are talking about and the story behind it. (We've already talked about this a little, I know) I don't have very many extras left laying around, but maybe I can talk to the guys and get you a little of what you were promised. The biggest problem I see here is you're discouraged by what happened. Well, this is a microcosm of life. People promise you things then don't deliver all the time. It sucks. I do appreciate your contributions, and I know others do as well. All I'm saying is, that has got to be enough. Anything else is gravy. It sucks when you are expecting something, then never get it. IM me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do understand this, believe me. I know it's hard to take the moral high ground when that kind of stuff is going on, I know. In 10 years of this forum, I've seen good and bad here, but mostly good - like 98% good. It's people like you who put stuff up who make this thread what it is. IM me what items you are talking about and the story behind it. (We've already talked about this a little, I know) I don't have very many extras left laying around, but maybe I can talk to the guys and get you a little of what you were promised. The biggest problem I see here is you're discouraged by what happened. Well, this is a microcosm of life. People promise you things then don't deliver all the time. It sucks. I do appreciate your contributions, and I know others do as well. All I'm saying is, that has got to be enough. Anything else is gravy. It sucks when you are expecting something, then never get it. IM me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said Morg - and I will add that life is busy and I know when I am travelling sometimes it can take me a week or two to get something out.  If I have forgotten anyone, it would legitimately be an oversight but still could happen.  HipSh0T - IM me as well about what it is you are looking for, I might have it!  Also, if I have promised to anyone and NOT delivered - IM me as well and I will make it right.

Now, having said that I have a well used rifle length gas tube and used standard black rifle length buffer tube I will put up if anyone needs them (to same person please )
Thanks for all who PIF!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]

First Off, I have no  dog in this issue.  But, I do have a question.

If I put something up and a member who did not come thru as supposed to in the past, would it be considered "Bad Form" to Deny or just Overlook that member's the ability to "Claim"

anything that I may have put up here in the PIF?

Or do we just carry on as nothing ever happened?

Also, I do know what it's like to wait almost 5 weeks to receive something off the PIF, because the sender forgot which part he put up,  But he did make good.  So all's good for me.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like to rescind my Claim for these parts, as I was just offered them from another source.
Let these go to someone else who may not have as many sources as I do.

mike62,  you posted the following:
Now, having said that I have a well used rifle length gas tube and used standard black rifle length buffer tube I will put up if anyone needs them (to same person please )
Thanks for all who PIF!
View Quote

I would really love to get these two items, because I have such a need for them right now.

I will IM you also.

Thanks,
Chief
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would really love to get these two items, because I have such a need for them right now.

I will IM you also.

Thanks,
Chief
View All Quotes
Quoted:

mike62,  you posted the following:
Thanks for all who PIF!

I will IM you also.

Thanks,
Chief

Let someone else enjoy these gastubes.... Chief..I'll send you 2 for free
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I could use the buffer tube, Mike.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#18]
It's not retro, but I know many of us here have modern builds too:

Free to good home,  Doublestar Front railed gas block for .625 barrel
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:52:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Not much, since it didn't sell. I have a black FA no-tic selector
to put up. To someone who needs it.
Can be lightened up with some navel jelly.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll put up 2 rifle length gastubes: [span style='color: red;']claimed by Chief.

I'd like to claim the Black FA Selector.I'll offer up my IDF lower receiver stamp, when I'm finished with it..... It's the Star of David Military Inspection Stamp, w/Testors Flat White Paint, Brush, and Paint Thinner. Only condition is please pass it on from member to member PIF style so all those with IDF builds can mark their lower receivers correctly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Retro for the M14.

7.62x51 (.308) Chamber brushes ratchet type.  New in the wrap. (Have 4 take one or them all)  

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

BLASPHEMER! BURN THE WITCH...oh, wait.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe could be used for a middy build ?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#24]
I wish Ewtss and Forager would at least tell me they aren't sending the items promised me.......That way I can buy/trade for them, to finish the 727 build.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wish Ewtss and Forager would at least tell me they aren't sending the items promised me.......That way I can buy/trade for them, to finish the 727 build.
View Quote

Dude, you need to take your whiney problems someplace else.  YOU miss the point of this thread. Quit crying............stop putting stuff up for PIF, as you've got the whole PIF concept  wrong. Have a good day.

EDIT:  If you think posting the names of those that you think have slighted you is going to make things right, I think you are sadly mistaking. It isn't going to yield the results that you hope for. It makes you look the "smaller" individual, if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I've moved on and posted more PIF items up for grabs, which I'm sharing with the retro community, if you don't like my posts don't freaking read them. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've moved on and posted more PIF items up for grabs, which I'm sharing with the retro community, if you don't like my posts don't freaking read them. Simple as that.
View Quote

If you haven't got them by now i'd just plan on never getting them. You know there will be other things put up by people who are good for it though. And those people will have no problem sending them to you because of how generous you have been with sending parts and whatnot. Shit, you've hooked me up! People won't forget these things.

Fastswift- sent the A1 grip out yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you haven't got them by now i'd just plan on never getting them. You know there will be other things put up by people who are good for it though. And those people will have no problem sending them to you because of how generous you have been with sending parts and whatnot. Shit, you've hooked me up! People won't forget these things.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Point, I'm over it....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I still think it'd be good yo know aliases of these people so we can not waste our time.  I mean that could have at least said, sorry, can't send it to you now.

I've Got some parts for trade on trader but will offer sone of them here.

One carbine gas tube
One rifle buffer
Assorted AR pieces, grab bag special, etc, etc.

Let me surprise you with what I send.

Pick one of the three or take it all, I don't care either way.

Claim it! And send me your address through email. Happy to donate to others after receive so much from the other giving retro heads.

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Grab bag special sounds cool, as I need a few small odds and ends. I'll dig out a real super mottled pistol grip to put up. Don't anyone claim it til I post the picture.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:38:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Retro for the M14.

7.62x51 (.308) Chamber brushes ratchet type.  New in the wrap. (Have 4 take one or them all)  

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn76/robthecubehead/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/20141121_083728_zpsxcwi8znz.jpg
View Quote

I would like one of these - I'm hoping to buy an M1A1 this year...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Grab bag to Hipshot.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I found an NOS FSB portion of a USGI top sling adapter when I was sling shopping earlier. Just the wire triangle. Free to anyone that wants it.

No one at the gun store knew what it was.

Goes to imarangemaster.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I still think it'd be good yo know aliases of these people so we can not waste our time.  I mean that could have at least said, sorry, can't send it to you now.

I've Got some parts for trade on trader but will offer sone of them here.

One carbine gas tube

One rifle buffer
Assorted AR pieces, grab bag special, etc, etc.

Let me surprise you with what I send.

Pick one of the three or take it all, I don't care either way.

Claim it! And send me your address through email. Happy to donate to others after receive so much from the other giving retro heads.

View Quote

Bump to bottom, anyone need a carbine tube or rifle buffer?

I'm needing a rifle spring and seems I have carbine stuff instead of rifle, haha.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#35]
KY, I have a rifle spring I'll send you.  IM me your address again.  I was going to put it up anyway to keep things moving.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I found an NOS FSB portion of a USGI top sling adapter when I was sling shopping earlier. Just the wire triangle. Free to anyone that wants it.

No one at the gun store knew what it was.
View Quote

I'll take it. IM sent.  I need one for my Carbine build.  I already put up a Rifle buffer spring, which KYgun took.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone need a carbine gas tube or rifle buffer?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anyone need a carbine gas tube or rifle buffer?
View Quote

I can use the carbine gas tube.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:43:34 PM EDT
[#39]
You got it.......Brianm767

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Grab bag special sounds cool, as I need a few small odds and ends. I'll dig out a real super mottled pistol grip to put up. Don't anyone claim it til I post the picture.
View Quote

Can I PRE-claim? I got a warm squishy spot for all things mottled!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you spooge in your pants when you saw my hoard of mottled grips for sale?

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

Sorry, I'm fresh out of boxes of cleanex's
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

Thankfully I didn't see those! CLEAN UP! AISLE 4!

ETA The cap thingy is boxed and ready to go out on the morning tide!

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:51:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

Thanks buddy! I talked to Braceman last night and it appears at the very least we have 15-16 definate buyers for the Colt Scope Caps. So it's going to be worth his time and effort.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

Yeah, you can preclaim the mottled grip it's yours. Do you want me to pick you out a super funky one or do you wanna choose 1 out of 3-4 worthy contestants?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yeah, you can preclaim the mottled grip it's yours. Do you want me to pick you out a super funky one or do you wanna choose 1 out of 3-4 worthy contestants?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

Pick me the speckledest puppy in the litter! Mailing address is on the package with the cap that went out this morning! (I'll IM it to you as well too also.)

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Been a while since I claimed anything, and I could really use that A1 grip...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had good luck getting what people say they'll send me.

Same here. All but 1. Most of the guys around here are good dudes though. This thread has definitely changed tho even from when I first got involved with it.
And at that, since a build I was panning to do is now going to have to be put on hold, I put up an A1 pistol grip to keep this M'F'er rollin.....

Been a while since I claimed anything, and I could really use that A1 grip...

And it arrived today! Yea! Thanks MILSPEC556 (Brian)
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Pick me the speckledest puppy in the litter! Mailing address is on the package with the cap that went out this morning! (I'll IM it to you as well too also.)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mottled PORN for Cal30M1

If you'd like pick one out in my Ad and just let me know which number you'd like. Makes life easier for me.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#48]
JAYSUS! Make ME work!

Just grab #67 and we're good. (I THINK it's still available)
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Up for grabs another lot of A1 barrel parts. Front sight base, taper pins, triangle handguard cap, split
washer and birdcage flash hider. Post here I'll take it and follow up with an IM including your shipping info.
PLEASE everything goes to one person. Also everyone stay tuned to this thread, in the spirit of Christmas
I will be posting up a couple of nice items in the next few weeks.

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Geo,

I'll take it !!

Many thanks,
BC
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top