BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 85
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got 6 XM 16 E1. 3/32" roll pins to give away. I'll give one per person, up t o six people. These are one inch but need to be 7/8". So shorten it an 1/8" and you're in business.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
God rides a Harley but Jesus rides a Triumph!

In his younger days before he grew his beard.

No hate mail! My Dad's a GD preacher so you KNOW I aint worth a shit!

I'm still riding my karma from the upper I put up and hoarding all my tidbits.

(Just noticed the picture has been reversed but it's a Monday and I am too lazy to fix it.)

ETA OCD Flared up and overwhelmed the laziness.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God rides a Harley but Jesus rides a Triumph!

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1/media/tony-chopper-web.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/Cal30M1/tony-chopper-web.jpg</a>
In his younger days before he grew his beard.

No hate mail! My Dad's a GD preacher so you KNOW I aint worth a shit!

I'm still riding my karma from the upper I put up and hoarding all my tidbits.

(Just noticed the picture has been reversed but it's a Monday and I am too lazy to fix it.)

ETA OCD Flared up and overwhelmed the laziness.

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1/media/tony-chopper-webA.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/Cal30M1/tony-chopper-webA.jpg</a>
View Quote

My GOD...The rake on that Chopper is fantastic! I''m so digging the square headlight in an era where round 6" headlights were king on choppers. Look at the size difference in rims between front and back...that's gotta be a 20 inch BMX front rim. lol J/K.

ETA: Manual Horns Rock!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got 6 XM 16 E1. 3/32" roll pins to give away. I'll give one per person, up t o six people. These are one inch but need to be 7/8". So shorten it an 1/8" and you're in business.
View Quote

Hey buddy, you just emailed me about wanting the A1 FSB......problem is, im not the person with the A1 FSB
You got the wrong dude haha
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can use the A1 FSB.
View Quote

If you are asking about the one I put up, sorry, Chief already claimed it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ill take this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ill take this.

Received the end plate.

Ill put up a A1 grip,   (I'm very busy, might take till next week till I can get it out)
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Received the end plate.

Ill put up a A1 grip,   (I'm very busy, might take till next week till I can get it out)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill take this.

Received the end plate.

I'll take it.

I just gave away a red BFA and some blanks, so let me find somethinng else.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll take it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill take this.

Received the end plate.

I'll take it.

grip is yours
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And I have up 1 M16 silent sling, and the next is definitely not retro but I also have a brand new unused blackhawk 1 point sling
View Quote

Slings arrived yesterday MILSPEC. (Made it to Hungary amazingly fast! )

Thanks buddy
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Mike62: did you get your carbine gastube?
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]

i been building bikes for customers for 40 yrs, and i've built and been thru all the chopper years and fads.. square head lights were the hot ticket in the late 60s and early 70's
in 69 i had a POS 650 bonny chopper. "Z" bars. twisted pipes, cromed re-bar bich bar with a bayonet on the top. ect ect. ( I hated that damm bike! work on it for 4 hours to ride 45 mins!) i did have a 500 daytona after that that was a pure sweet heart and a  750 norton and a 500 matchless singel thumper so not down on brit bikes, just that 650 bonny POS, by the way.. that 500 singel matchless  made kicking a magneto sportster look like a walk in the park) the big front wheel took hold in the 70s. before that long forks and a smaller than the rear wheel was the hot ticket..
square head lights phazed out again in the late 70's and went back to round head lights but instead of the 5 inch bates light, everybody went back to the round 7 inch chromed harley 49 to 57 panhead light. that they used on the 1950's to mid 60s bobbers
that V8 bobber is was cool. back in the 80s there was a guy around here built a  bike with a V6 aluminum Buick engine in it turned sideways like that V8. had it hooked to a harley 4 speed tranny with a modifided harley primary cover. was a beautiful job..
that thing would boil the rear tire at will in any gear.. when he left anywhere all you saw was a LOT of Smoke and when the smoke cleared he was gone..
there's a guy in PA building bikes using  V12 Linclon zepher flathead engines..  no tranny just a clutch direct drive .. it's beautiful  just a V12 Linclon Zepher  engine is beautiful all on it's own..
last 20 yrs i have stopped building customs and just build 100 point restorations.

Pete
side note... it was Big Daddy Rat Ed Roth that started the square head light  craze on his WAY OUT creations.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

i been building bikes for customers for 40 yrs, and i've built and been thru all the chopper years and fads.. square head lights were the hot ticket in the late 60s and early 70's
in 69 i had a POS 650 bonny chopper. "Z" bars. twisted pipes, cromed re-bar bich bar with a bayonet on the top. ect ect. ( I hated that damm bike! work on it for 4 hours to ride is 45 mins, i did have a 500 daytona after that that was a pure sweet heart and a  750 norton and a 500 matchless singel thumper so not donw onm brit bikes, just that 650 bonny POS, by the way.. that 500 singel matchless  made kicking a magneto sportster look like a walk inthe park) the big front wheel took hold in the 70s. before that long forks and a smaller than the rear wheel was the hot ticket..
square head lights phazed out again in the late 70's and went back to round head lights but instead of the 5 inch bates light, every went back to the round 7 inch chromed harley 49 to 57 panhead light. that they used on the 1950's to mid 60s bobbers
that V8 bobber is was cool. back in the 80s there was a guy around here built a  bike with a V6 aluminum Buick engine in it turned sideways like that V8. had it hook to a harley 4 speed tranny with a modifided harley primary cover. was a beautiful job..
that thing would boil the rear tire at will in any gear.. when he left anywhere all you saw was a LOT of Smoke and when the smoke cleared he was gone..
there's a guy in PA building bike using a V12 Linclon zepher flathead engine..  no tranny just a clutch direct drive .. it's beautiful  just a V12 Liclon Zepher  engine is beautiful all on it's own..
last 20 yrs i have stopped building customes and just build 100 point restorations.

Pete
side note... it was Big Daddy Rat Ed Roth that started the square head light  craze on his WAY OUT creations.
View Quote

Excellent post.....I have my Uncles Black 1974 Norton 750 in my garage, it has gold lettering on the tank but that's about it the rest of the paint job is black, I'm looking for factory Norton pictures to see if it had more gold pin striping, like on the fenders, etc. I currently have the engine out and had a local bike mechanic help me go through it, next is cosmetics and detail work. The bike is being restored to honor my uncle, it was his favorite bike and he died in my arms while I was giving him CPR Christmas Eve 2012.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks buddy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I have up 1 M16 silent sling, and the next is definitely not retro but I also have a brand new unused blackhawk 1 point sling

Thanks buddy

Didn't even get held up in customs?
Good to hear and you are welcome sir!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#14]
GeoBartlett, I just received the A1 Front Sight Base, it's Perfect !  Thank you soo much !!

Well, I have a USED ARMS Type of 30mm Mount with 1" Inserts, that I'll put up here for Pay-It-Forward, Sorry that I only have one of these mounts:

" />

" />

Basic PIF Rules apply,  Reply with an "I can use that" OR "I need that", and follow-up with an IM with your address.

Chief
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Chief I could use that Arms mount.

I'm going to go dig around for something to put up.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, for Chiefs Arms Mount I'm offering up this Type E stock. It pretty decent has a crack in the plastic butt plate around the top screw.

Post here "I need that" and follow up with an IM with your shipping info.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]

GeoBartlett, the ARMS Type Mount is yours, I'm hoping to be able to ship tomorrow.

Damn, that's a really nice looking "E" Stock you put up.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:23:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

GeoBartlett, the ARMS Type Mount is yours, I'm hoping to be able to ship tomorrow.

Damn, that's a really nice looking "E" Stock you put up.
View Quote

Thanks Chief!  yeah it looks pretty good and if someone wanted to spend some time with some polish this one I think, would turn out nicely mottled.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok, for Chiefs Arms Mount I'm offering up this Type E stock. It pretty decent has a crack in the plastic butt plate around the top screw.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/picture080_zps5ef29dde.jpg~original

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/picture079_zps09ea5ff2.jpg~original
View Quote

George, I'll take the E stock.  I'll dig up something later tonight.  IM inbound.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

George, I'll take the E stock.  I'll dig up something later tonight.  IM inbound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/picture080_zps5ef29dde.jpg~original

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/picture079_zps09ea5ff2.jpg~original

The Stock is yours, I will let you know when it ships.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey all, I've had a nylon compass pouch up for a while,
But nobody has been interested . Until my 6 year
Old found it and they have become his new toy handcuf
Case. So they are off the market...... For now.
In it's place I offer up this book .

E mail is fastest
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Big Thank you to 1NAVYCHIEF-RET

I got the ARMS mount and accessories today Thank you very much Sir!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Free to good home:  Fulton Armory, Brand new M16/AR15 Bolt Assy. Tool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Free to good home:  Fulton Armory, Brand new M16/AR15 Bolt Assy. Tool.
View Quote

I could use the bolt assy tool!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Got the E-type stock body in the mail from GeoBartlett.  I'll put up an unknown manufacture plastic olive drab CAR stock that was painted black by previous owner.  I was going to remove and repaint it to glossy black to simulate acetate finish, but never got around to it.  Stock is loose on my mil-spec Colt 2 position tube, so I'm assuming it fits a commercial spec tube.  Sorry for crappy cell phone pic.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll put up an unknown manufacture plastic olive drab CAR stock that was painted black by previous owner.  I was going to remove and repaint it to glossy black to simulate acetate finish, but never got around to it.  Stock is loose on my mil-spec Colt 2 position tube, so I'm assuming it fits a commercial spec tube.  Sorry for crappy cell phone pic.

<a href="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/pro2ndam/media/DSCN2288_zpsad8c62db.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/DSCN2288_zpsad8c62db.jpg</a>
View Quote

I'll take it.  PM sent.  I'll put something up tonight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll put up an unknown manufacture plastic olive drab CAR stock that was painted black by previous owner.  I was going to remove and repaint it to glossy black to simulate acetate finish, but never got around to it.  Stock is loose on my mil-spec Colt 2 position tube, so I'm assuming it fits a commercial spec tube.  Sorry for crappy cell phone pic.

<a href="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/pro2ndam/media/DSCN2288_zpsad8c62db.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/DSCN2288_zpsad8c62db.jpg</a>

Imarangemaster, CAR stock is yours!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Brian - Received the PG today....thank you
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#29]
For the shorty stock, I am offering up a snap on M16A1 brass deflector.  USGI plastic with brass detent for carry handle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll take the deflector and I still have 6 roll pins for those XM16E1 builds.

I also have a 20 round Mag body up for grabs. Now this has some excess wear along top back corners.
Also a crack in one of the feed lips. I know it's not perfect but it is free after all...............

It's a UI marked body
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I also have a 20 round Mag body up for grabs. Now this has some excess wear along top back corners.
Also a crack in one of the feed lips. I know it's not perfect but it is free after all...............

It's a UI marked body
View Quote

I'll take the mag body!  The brass deflector is yours.  I'll put up something for the mag body tomorrow.  My stuff is in the den/guest bedroom, which is occupied by a sleeping guest now!

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'll take the mag body!  The brass deflector is yours.  I'll put up something for the mag body tomorrow.  My stuff is in the den/guest bedroom, which is occupied by a sleeping guest now!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a UI marked body

Wait, we are still allowed to buy mag bodies??? If so im about to stock up!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a UI marked body

The law said no more rebuild kits.  Apparently it does not cover individual replacement parts (followers, springs, bodies, etc.) This one will be a 10 rounder anyway.  Nodak still sells the waffle bodies to us.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:38:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The law said no more rebuild kits.  Apparently it does not cover individual replacement parts (followers, springs, bodies, etc.) This one will be a 10 rounder anyway.  Nodak still sells the waffle bodies to us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a UI marked body

I love you for telling me this. I had no idea.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Pro2ndAm, Got the stock, thanks!  KyGun, the brass deflector will be on the way tomorrow.

Up for grabs, for my pay it forward for the stock I am offering what I believe to be an original Vietnam eraComic book M16 manual.  I have 2, so I am giving up one....  I had a third, but I sent it to my son to go with the shorty I built him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a UI marked body

I actually "repaired" some of my banged up Com-block steel AK mags I have had since '89 or '90, by replacing the bodies with Tapco smoothside polymer burnt orange bodies.  I used the original springs (better than Tapco's) and base plate locking plates.  The metal followers on the comblocks were replaced long ago with Tapcos.  The Tapco smoothside burnt orange  look as cool as Russian bakelite...  

According to California's former deputy attorney General, repair of existing high caps with new parts is legal.  I bought the Tapcos smoothside  as disassembled repair kits a couple years ago when they first came out, before the 1-1-2014 ban on new repair kits.  The new ban does not ban individual parts, however, as they are not a "kit."
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, I tore down my kinda-sorta 603 a week or so ago so I have a few things that I'd like to pay forward as a thanks for everything everyone here does.

The only caveat being I won't be able to ship for 9-10 days.

First I'll put up an aftermarket A1 birdcage flash hider. It was jet black but I blasted and reparkerized it in the correct gray color.

ETA: I should also have a new rifle length gas tube.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Well, I tore down my kinda-sorta 603 a week or so ago so I have a few things that I'd like to pay forward as a thanks for everything everyone here does.

First I'll put up an aftermarket A1 birdcage flash hider. It was jet black but I blasted and reparkerized it in the correct gray color.

View Quote

I'll take it! (planning a 653 build) I still have the comic book manual available.  I'll put up an AR15 hammer.  One build liked it, but the current build does not, as occasionally it falls when the disconnector lets go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'll take it! (planning a 653 build) I still have the comic book manual available.  I'll put up an AR15 hammer.  One build liked it, but the current build does not, as occasionally it falls when the disconnector lets go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it fires on release?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take the hammer RM. I think the one in my Anderson lower is on it's last leg as far as the hardened surface on it
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

So it fires on release?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it fires on release?

In the build I had it in originally, it worked fine.  Then I moved it to my 601 lower, and occasionally it fires on release of the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'll take the hammer RM. I think the one in my Anderson lower is on it's last leg as far as the hardened surface on it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hammer goes to Mil-Spec556!  Shoot me your address in an IM.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:25:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Sputnik can I claim the rifle gastube? I'm like 20 items ahead but will offer up something tomarrow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I know it don't work this way but if anyone has an early type round handguards nose cap laying around, I'll put up a triangle cap. I think it's for a 750 barrel though. OR a repro dimple pin for front. I'll put triangle cap or dimple pin.

Dimple pin to aeyoung
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I'll take the repro front pin if it's offered up
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#46]
This isn't the 'trade for what you need' thread, it's the Pay it forward thread. Please keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This isn't the 'trade for what you need' thread, it's the Pay it forward thread. Please keep that in mind.
View Quote

Sorry didn't realize the repro pin was not offered up. I have a couple things laying around I'll offer up tonight
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sputnik can I claim the rifle gastube? I'm like 20 items ahead but will offer up something tomarrow.
View Quote

You can.

I should be able to ship it the 6th or 7th.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but  a guy gets more bites with letting retroheads what he wants by letting it be known here. And I always do give something if I get something.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:10:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, but  a guy gets more bites with letting retroheads what he wants by letting it be known here. And I always do give something if I get something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A wtt/wtb ad in the EE works pretty well, thats what I usually do. Just be sure to add "retro" to the title.
Page / 85
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top