Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:16:48 PM EDT
ive decided I want to build another ar pistol , last one was built probably 15 to 20 years ago . it was a 10 1/2 inch barrel and ran ok after I ditched small recoil buffer with 2 springs and put carbine length buffer on .
How well do the 7 inch barrels run with carbine length buffer tube and pistol length gas tube ?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
First thing to do is replace the extractor spring with a Wolff extra power spring. Should run like a top.

Link below, however sold out...

Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep extra power springs in my ar box , I have an extra bolt already set up just in case .
thanks for the replys
I ordered the mi blast deverter because the claymore was out of stock
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a PSA 7.5" pistol length gas upper using a lower with LAW folding attachment, running a carbine length pistol tube (the LAW folder adds more LOP than I wanted using the KAK tube) with standard buffer... only a couple hundred rounds through it, but so far no problems... 2" five shot groups with hand load 69 SMK and H322 at 100yd
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had a 7.5 in upper for my sbr for a few years now. Never had a single problem other than how loud it is with a muzzle break . With a flashcan/flaming pig I can comfortable shoot it with just one set of ear pro. I also built a form 1 can for it. Fun little gun that has slowly become my go to gun outside of a home defense roll.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
This one works fine
JT Grip Solutions AR 15 Sig MPX bump fire pistol grip
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had a 7.5 in upper for my sbr for a few years now. Never had a single problem other than how loud it is with a muzzle break . With a flashcan/flaming pig I can comfortable shoot it with just one set of ear pro. I also built a form 1 can for it. Fun little gun that has slowly become my go to gun outside of a home defense roll.
View Quote
I'm hoping the mi blast deverter does the trick on sound
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I've tried both a LeVang linear and a DIY flash can on my 7.5"... both work fairly well with just custom ear plugs...I went with the H322 hand loads to cut down on the muzzle flash
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I built mine with a h1 buffer and an adjustable gas block, runs like a champ......  a really loud champ!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Took my 7.5 out today to sight in an optic during the eclipse. Another 60 flawless rounds down the pipe. Good fun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I run a PWS Mk107.....it's a piston driven 7.5" upper. It eats everything, have not had any issues.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top