Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2017 12:49:49 PM EDT
Curious what folks are running for a light weight red dot. Pistol is mainly going to be a home defense/truck gun. I own an Aimpoint PRO and a Bushnell TRS-25 and don't want to put either on the weapon. Looking at the Vortex Venom but have seen some bad reviews. I also don't want to put a sight on it that would cost more than the pistol itself (PSA built at home, nothing special). Should I go be poor somewhere else or are there decent options out there that wont crap the bed when needed.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Primary Arms ADS, Holosun 403G or 403C(solar), TruGlo TruTec 20mm red dot,
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

c-more with A2 rear sight built into the package
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone running a Holosun HS503C?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had the 503c on my 8" 300bo. for two years has worked perfect, couldn't be happier. Prices very widely. Just purchased 515cu, list price $289.99
for $218.46 shipped from Four Winds Technology. Never dealt with them before. They have the 503c for $164.76 + $9.00 shipping.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn that's way cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Vortex Sparc AR on one of mine. Also their Sparc 2 looks good.  I ended up getting Strikefire2 for my 10.5 and putting the Sparc AR from that on my 7.

I got both from PSA with 10 Pmags each, free.  Couldn't argue with that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Holosun HS515BU

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=103

Using one on my pistol and it works outstanding.  I like it better than the Pro, by far, also very light and loaded with top notch features too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 4- 10.5" pistols and all of them have the Holosun 503FL, and I prefer the circle dot to just a plain dot, but like having the option.  I use the Absolute Co-witness mounts (LHM-2AC) from Primary Arms.  They do have a lower 1/3rd option as well.  PRO-tip, buy them from Primary Arms Ebay store, they didn't charge me shipping!   I did try a Primary Arms MicroDot ($89.99) on my 9mm build, but found that you had to crank it up really high to see it in bright sunlight, so it was replaced by the 503FL.  Now the Primary Arms sits in a box until I find a new home for it.

Got all of the Holosun's from Optics Planet, the first one was a price match from Lanbo's Armory, the rest were even cheaper on sale and they often run 10% off coupons, there is a member here you can PM to get a discount code, but don't know who that is.  

Optics Planet currently has the 503FL on sale for $149 right now, see if you can find how to get a discount code for arfcom members and get an even better price.  FYI, the 500 series models should all have the option of dot/circle dot.  I like this model because of the flip caps and battery mounted on the right hand side, vs. underneath the mount.  For $135 that's a pretty good deal.

Holosun 503FL for cheap!

(I have no affiliation with any of these companies and receive no benefit).
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the suggestions gents. Pretty sure I'm sold on the HS515BU, I much prefer the circle dot to just a dot and the auto on/off feature is big plus. I'll throw up some picks when the pistol is finished.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Vortex sparc AR would be my vote for a budget red dot
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I got notice yesterday that  Four Winds Technology was canceling my order, the reason was Holosun refused to sell to them because their prices were to low. This morning I ordered the 503gu from Guns Midwest
for $184 shipped. Maybe I'll have better luck with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Another vote for the Holosun based optics. I've got 5 various versions of them and all have been solid performers. At one point I had a Vortex Sparc and although it works well; it lacks the battery life and optical clarity compared to the Holosun.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top