Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2017 9:13:19 AM EDT
So, my time in the Marine Corps made me develop a love for the sling.  If you aren't shooting your rifle, it should be on your person at all times.  Especially when I was a non-rate private painting rocks.  That being said, I just finished my AR pistol build and I want to add a sling, but then I thought, well, it's a pistol.  What does the hive think?  Any legalities with having a sling on an AR pistol?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a single point sling attached to the castle nut mount. 
Sling is cross body and tight so when engaged the buffer tube ends up touching  my right cheek. 

Eta...no brace
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
^^ same. I run a single point bungee sling from the QD endplate on my pistol with the Shockwave brace.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
QD points on the end plate for single point, and my handguard has a built in QD/keymod point if I wanna go 2-point sling.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a 2 point.  It runs from a reciever plate on the back to a magpul sling connection on the front handguard.  I like having it on there.  It's my lightest "long gun" in the safe but being able to go hands off is nice.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any legalities with having a sling on an AR pistol?  
View Quote

There are none.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got single point slings on both our AR15 pistols.  Just in case I have to hang it somewhere some dark and stormy night while I do something else with both hands.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a Vtac slings with end plate and rail attachment points.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Ms4 as a single point on an end plate qd point, and then as a two point with a magpul qd rail adapter up front. It works very well and gives me options.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I do QD endplate to the QD on my MK8.
I actually run the sling through my SBM4 brace.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got single point slings on both our AR15 pistols.  Just in case I have to hang it somewhere some dark and stormy night while I do something else with both hands.
View Quote
Same.  

I keep the sling folded up and rubber banded to the brace to keep it out of the way but still attached until I need it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top