Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2017 1:03:50 PM EDT
So I just picked up a 8.5" 300blk barrel for a pistol build and wanted to know which length rail to use, 8" or 9" ? Like the look of the Noveske PIG or KAK slim can under the rails but it has me wondering if a future suppressor will fit under the rails. What rails are you guys running on your pistol builds, likes, dislikes ? Pictures ?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I just picked up a 8.5" 300blk barrel for a pistol build and wanted to know which length rail to use, 8" or 9" ? Like the look of the Noveske PIG or KAK slim can under the rails but it has me wondering if a future suppressor will fit under the rails. What rails are you guys running on your pistol builds, likes, dislikes ? Pictures ?
View Quote

7.5" for no special compensator.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
A good rule of thumb for AR barrels is that your rail must be 3/4" shorter than the stated barrel length for a flush fit, or 1"+ to extend past the handguard.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:35:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A good rule of thumb for AR barrels is that your rail must be 3/4" shorter than the stated barrel length for a flush fit, or 1"+ to extend past the handguard.
View Quote
Is this for direct thread mount or include use of a muzzle device mount?  I have a 10" rail on a 10.5" barrel with a SiCo muzzle break for mounting my suppressor.  I don't have my cans in my possession yet, but the shop said they test fit a suppressor and it fit without hitting the rail.  Hope they were telling the truth!
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top