Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2017 6:18:12 PM EDT
Ok for anyone that owns one, can you please tell me is the qd attachment point in the way of your cheek when using a sling?  I usually love shooting all my rifles in the filly collapsed position riding my nose on or very close to the charging handle.

Also I shoot typically a lot of M855......I run H buffers in all my ARs.  I see on maxims site you can choose what buffer you can go with.....I think it said H1,H2,H3.......which would I be best going with?
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It is not but it can get in the way. The easy answer is to use the opposite side QD socket from your normal shooting side, which also helps when using a 2pt sling with weapon stability.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
That doesn't get ackward attaching to the opppsite side??
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Not for me.  

After trying several different options, I decided using the opposite QD socket was the best for me.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to ask questions about new products there should be a requirement that you include a picture. I only clicked to see what this whizbanger thingy looks like and now I'm still clueless.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:31:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're going to ask questions about new products there should be a requirement that you include a picture. I only clicked to see what this whizbanger thingy looks like and now I'm still clueless.  
View Quote
Let me google that for ya.....

Maxim cqb link
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is not but it can get in the way. The easy answer is to use the opposite side QD socket from your normal shooting side, which also helps when using a 2pt sling with weapon stability.
View Quote
This works quite well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Other than the price difference that was the reason I went with the SB Tactical brace.
It's on the bottom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered my first Maxim brace yesterday and are looking forward to installing it. Hope its worth the price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, that's how 2 point slings are supposed to be set up, so you don't choke yourself out when you transition to weak side. And if you are using a single point then it doesnt really matter anyway.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Other than the price difference that was the reason I went with the SB Tactical brace.
It's on the bottom.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74472/image-272341.JPG
View Quote
Don't know if you know this or not but maxim sells the same part on there website........so you can single point carry from the sixoclock position
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 3:12:43 PM EDT
[#11]
This may be a dumb question but.......legally.......can you remove the Velcro strap from the SB and maxim braces?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Suppose you could, but the strap provides a bit of structure to the brace
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't know if you know this or not but maxim sells the same part on there website........so you can single point carry from the sixoclock position
View Quote
Indeed they do.

Maxim Sling Mount $30

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's on the bottom.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74472/image-272341.JPG
I didn't know that,have to keep it in mind for the next build.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea maxim actually makes sbtacticals stock for them is what ai have heard......why they look so similar
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:58:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just ordered my first Maxim brace yesterday and are looking forward to installing it. Hope its worth the price.
View Quote
It absolutely is. Loving mine.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#17]
I have both.
The Maxim is for a QC10 Glock 9mm build with JP captured 9mm buffer/spring.
The SB is for a QC10 Glock 45acp build with reg 45 buffer/spring.

I like the Maxim better as it is shorter closed than the SB.

I'm going for shorter type PDW pistols.

Anyone here with a QC10 45 build?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Patiently waiting on mine for my 7.5 inch AR pistol build..............
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This may be a dumb question but.......legally.......can you remove the Velcro strap from the SB and maxim braces?
View Quote
Nope that was listed as one of the things that would "Modify" the brace in the new atf letter.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top