Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2017 5:31:38 PM EDT
Hey guys, new to the site and to AR's in general.

Just had this 300 Blackout built and I was messing around with a few sights and have a question.

Iron sights work just fine, so they are always an option.

I tried a Reflex site and found that it was too low and I had to lay my head at an odd angle to even see the thing (dont have to with iron sights).

Decided to try this See All sight and I like it but have the same issue with having to have my head down at an odd angle to pick up the delta sight picture.

What am I missing here?

If I don't slide either the See All or my Reflex sight onto the rail but sit it on top it is better, but both could still use a bit more height.

I am sure it is something stupid, but I can't figure it out. Seems like either the See All or Reflex would need to be on a mount of some sort above the rail to come comfortably into line with my eye.

Like I said, I can pick up iron sight (typical AR sights) fine. They are at the right height to be in line with my eye.

Here is a picture of it on the rail.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You need a riser. The AR15 has an inline stock, unlike a lot of other rifles that have a stock that drops a bit below the axis of the bore. This is why you see most AR optics up on higher risers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You just need a riser, the ar stock comb  is higher than most. I'm not familiar with that sight, but search see all riser, or someone will be along to suggest something . ETA:Beat by 8 seconds :)
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it, thanks a ton.

This site does not work well on a mobile device. Have to go to my PC to do anything.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
If I lived nearby I'd bring a couple risers just to try that sight..........

Let us know how it works out at what range distances.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Look for 1/3 co witness when shopping for your rds.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top