Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 8:07:41 PM EDT
Just finished my pistol build, can't wait to try it out!

what should I add to this pistol build?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Sling, light, rail covers
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
What sling? Rail covers? If I did a light probably primary arms?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
totally personal preference.  I like the Blue Force Gear Vickers slings or Magpul MS series.  Ladder covers or LaRue index clips and a hand stop.  I haven't seen/used the PA lights.  I have the Magpul light mount and a Surefire.

Old pic
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

totally personal preference.  I like the Blue Force Gear Vickers slings or Magpul MS series.  Ladder covers or LaRue index clips and a hand stop.  I haven't seen/used the PA lights.  I have the Magpul light mount and a Surefire.

Old pic
http://i.imgur.com/0wuibRI.jpg
View Quote
I have a PA light on m4 clone so I would probably do the same or would a laser be better?  I was thinking possiblt KAC or  tango down panels and magpul afg. Not totally a fan of angled grips and was also considering gear sector hand stop.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a PA light on m4 clone so I would probably do the same or would a laser be better?  I was thinking possiblt KAC or  tango down panels and magpul afg. Not totally a fan of angled grips and was also considering gear sector hand stop.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old pic
http://i.imgur.com/0wuibRI.jpg
I really wanted to like the AFG, but it just didn't work for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Curious why you guys use quad rails? Is it an appearance thing? Op what is your intended use for your pistol? That would dictate for me how I would dress it out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:58:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Curious why you guys use quad rails? Is it an appearance thing? Op what is your intended use for your pistol? That would dictate for me how I would dress it out.
View Quote
I use quad rails for the look. I am not a huge fan of the look of mlok or keymod. My intended use is range toy/home defense. I also have a m4 clone but built this to be more close quarters than a 16" rifle.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I would run some sort of red dot and a light if you plan on some HD use. I'd probably run the ladder guards rather than panels but that's just me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice lookin' pistol!

Definitely some sort of light if for HD.   KAK blade

I would suggest you ditch the brake/comp.......maybe shoot it first and you will see why
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mainly because I had an extra .  And the possibility that it won't always be a pistol .
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quad rails were great back in the day, but they tend to be heavier - as you have Picatinny rails on all 4 sides whether you need them or not.

An M-lok or Keymod rail can end up saving you substantial weight as there is just the top rail plus whatever you want to add for rail sections.

Basically, the only things on the hand guard are the things I want/need - a back up front sight (taking advantage of the longer sight radius offered by a rail), a QD for a sling, and a short section of rail for a light that I'll sometimes attach.

Another potential advantage of a quad rail, M-Lok or Keymod hand guard is the potential to also incorporate a free float tube with it.  Free floating tends to improve accuracy, provided the barrel is a quality barrel that has been properly stress relieved.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would run some sort of red dot and a light if you plan on some HD use. I'd probably run the ladder guards rather than panels but that's just me.
View Quote
Why do you recommend ladder guards over panels?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why do you recommend ladder guards over panels?
View Quote
No real rhyme or reason. It would just be my preference and its strictly a visual thing. To be perfectly honest I dislike quad rails all together and have never owned one, so my opinion isn't really a valid one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:21:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice lookin' pistol!

Definitely some sort of light if for HD.   KAK blade

I would suggest you ditch the brake/comp.......maybe shoot it first and you will see why
View Quote
Thanks!

Maybe I will move the light from my rifle to this.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet to see how I like the brake. Hopefully I'll get time soon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 12:26:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thanks!

Maybe I will move the light from my rifle to this.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet to see how I like the brake. Hopefully I'll get time soon.
View Quote
Put some foamies on under muffs.  It's gonna be loud with that break.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top