Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2017 5:56:12 PM EDT
Has anyone tried Radway Green out of a 7.5" pistol?

It runs great out of my 16", but I heard it could be finicky out of other length barrels.
I have a few thousand rounds of is stashed away.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing? No one?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
These forums are dead most of the time, unfortunately.

I would shoot a couple mags next time you're out..I bet it'll work.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Have not used that particular ammo, but my experience with my 16" rifle and my 10.5" pistol using my home loads as well as factory ammo, is there is no difference in operation, no measurable difference in accuracy out to 50 yards, and a slight drop in velocity. (That depends on the brand of ammo and/or my home loads powder.
I chronograph nearly every thing AFTER I test accuracy. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These forums are dead most of the time, unfortunately.

I would shoot a couple mags next time you're out..I bet it'll work.
View Quote
@AS556, thank you for the reply.

It hasn't been fired yet, new build an lack of free time to hit the range. A range trip planned for next Sunday. Being a new pistol build I figure there will be bugs to work out of it. I only have an H buffer to run in it. I'm going to test a few different mags of ammo to see what it likes and what it doesn't. Radway, PMP, M855, Q3131, Q3131A...etc
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have not used that particular ammo, but my experience with my 16" rifle and my 10.5" pistol using my home loads as well as factory ammo, is there is no difference in operation, no measurable difference in accuracy out to 50 yards, and a slight drop in velocity. (That depends on the brand of ammo and/or my home loads powder.
I chronograph nearly every thing AFTER I test accuracy. YMMV.
View Quote
@Electraclyde, thank you for the reply.

It's British surplus, their version of our M855. It's a lower pressure round to function in their rifles. Some people were complaining that it wasn't cycling AR15 carbines/SBR's correctly. It works great in my 16" mid length.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I would think that it being a low pressure round would enable a shorty (which often require heavier buffers due to excessive gas) to run better than full power ammo.

New builds as you likely know can be a bit tight at first so I bet after a couple hundred 193 and 855 and a good dousing of oil itll run that RG just fine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#7]
My 7.5 has had zero issues with Q3131...  Have not tried anything else in it yet.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the input ya'll, it's appreciated. I'll find out Sunday if the weather permits.

Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm stoked. Ran 155 rounds through it, zero malfunctions with everything that I fed it. I do need an H2 buffer though.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 9:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
What makes you think you need the h2?
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What makes you think you need the h2?
View Quote
I was running a H, need to tame it some.

ETA: Going to give the Spikes ST T2 a try.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was running a H, need to tame it some.

ETA: Going to give the Spikes ST T2 a try.
View Quote
Ive used the ST-T2 in 7, 14 and 16" 5.56 guns itll do you well.

A blue Sprinco helps too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ive used the ST-T2 in 7, 14 and 16" 5.56 guns itll do you well.

A blue Sprinco helps too.
View Quote
That's great, thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top