Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 2:04:26 PM EDT
I have Googled the Tailhook and cannot find one in stock anywhere. Maybe someone out there knows where one is at and be kind enough to share with me
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been watching for there release and haven't seen it yet.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Rats, I thought you may have found them in stock someplace when I saw the title to your post, however, sign up for email notifications on THEIR website. They state they will make notifications when available. It also lets them know what the demand prospects are for production priorities. I did the email notification request thing and am waiting, hopefully not too much longer.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the Mod-1's are shipping now.

But the Mod-2 is some time out.  The Mod-3 even further out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Mod 1. It's awesome. I need to get two more. From what I'm told, they should be hitting suppliers at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
They are up for sale at Gearhead Work's site right now. I ordered a couple (one for an Uzi and one for a MP5). Go forth and conquer.  

S
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Had them for sale at the NRA show a buddy picked one up. No idea what gen it was.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:36:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Gear Head Works Mod 1 is available according to the email I received from Gear Head Works. Gear Head stated they have more people being sent availability emails than Mod 1's in stock. But, don't despair, the email from Gear Head Works also states they will have more in a month or so.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Just signed up for their email alert.

The mod-2 is awesome.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
The Mod 2 is on my wish list as well. I have other braces but having one that's adjustable like an M4 stock is appealing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are up for sale at Gearhead Work's site right now. I ordered a couple (one for an Uzi and one for a MP5). Go forth and conquer.  

S
View Quote
Looks like their site is down
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Looks like their site is down
View Quote
Works for me. www.gearheadworks.com
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Good News & Bad News!  The good news is that I just received my Tailhook brace in the mail.  The bad news is that it won't fit my PSA pistol buffer tube, which I subsequently determined measures 1.25" in diameter.  In checking other sites (Brownells, Midway USA) for pistol buffer tubes, I see that their tubes are also 1.25" diameter.

I have e-mailed Gearhead Works to ask them about the problem, but those wishing to buy tailhook braces might want to do a quick check of their buffer tube diameter!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm so the Mod 2 comes with a buffer tube.
Does that mean the buffer tube is proprietary or would any milspec tube work?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good News & Bad News!  The good news is that I just received my Tailhook brace in the mail.  The bad news is that it won't fit my PSA pistol buffer tube, which I subsequently determined measures 1.25" in diameter.  In checking other sites (Brownells, Midway USA) for pistol buffer tubes, I see that their tubes are also 1.25" diameter.

I have e-mailed Gearhead Works to ask them about the problem, but those wishing to buy tailhook braces might want to do a quick check of their buffer tube diameter!
View Quote
Why does it not fit?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Because the Tailhook only has an opening large enough to go to 1.2" max. The PSA pistol recoil spring tube is 1.25" in diameter. The Tailhook is so solid it will not spread open enough to fit the 1.25" tube. Knowing my PSA pistol tube measurement before I ordered the Gear Head Tailhook, I am going to change my recoil tube to a Vltor A5 Pistol Kit with the tube that measures 1.18". Then my Tailhook will fit since that is within the specs of the Tailhook fitment.

Not too hard to read specs and take measurements, I believe.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmm so the Mod 2 comes with a buffer tube.
Does that mean the buffer tube is proprietary or would any milspec tube work?
View Quote
The Tailhook Mod-2 will only work with their proprietary buffer tube.  That is to prevent someone from "accidentally" putting a stock on it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top