Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/11/2017 8:48:02 PM EDT
What kind of buffer do you think I should use. My upper is a 11.5 from BCM. It needs to work with wolf ammo. Thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's my understanding BCM builds them to use an H buffer.  It's what I use in mine. Others will suggest something heavier, so your mileage will vary.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
And.... did you get the lightweight or the A2 upper??? I got the lightweight, and it's a hair lighter than my PSA 10.5 A2.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 10.3" with a ballistic advantage barrel, runs the cheapest crap I can find with an H2 buffer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm using an h3 and sprinco blue spring with my 11.5 bcm bfh. also using the extractor o-ring with bcm enhanced extractor spring. it runs 100% with wolf gold in this config. was having failures to eject with h buffer and no o-ring. haven't tried steel cased yet.

eta: generally you should use the heaviest buffer that will lock your bolt back on the last round.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What kind of buffer do you think I should use. My upper is a 11.5 from BCM. It needs to work with wolf ammo. Thanks for the replies
View Quote

I'd run a standard carbine buffer for use with Wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And.... did you get the lightweight or the A2 upper??? I got the lightweight, and it's a hair lighter than my PSA 10.5 A2.
View Quote
I got the enhanced lightweight upper
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i'm using an h3 and sprinco blue spring with my 11.5 bcm bfh. also using the extractor o-ring with bcm enhanced extractor spring. it runs 100% with wolf gold in this config. was having failures to eject with h buffer and no o-ring. haven't tried steel cased yet.

eta: generally you should use the heaviest buffer that will lock your bolt back on the last round.
View Quote
I agree 100% with opie999!

I run a H3 buffer and Wolff XP spring in my PSA 10.5 inch 5.56 pistol, runs flawless and ejects at 3 o'clock.  It even runs and ejects shitty steel Tulammo
but won't hold bolt back on last round.  I also use the 5 coil HD extractor spring with insert but without the o-ring.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#8]
My 11.5" runs on a standard carbine set up from Thordsen.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top