Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 10:38:43 AM EDT
OK, I currently have a Spikes 10.5" upper on a SBR Bushmaster lower that I am going a different direction with (shorter barreled upper) and want to get a stripped lower for the 10.5 upper. I am also going to install a Shockwave blade on the lower. What am I asking for when I go to my LGS to order the lower?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#1]
A stripped lower?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy a spikes and have it shipped to your local gun store or anyone else who has low fees in your area for transfer.

AR15 Lowers

Spike's
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#4]
A receiver is a receiver. There's no distinction between a pistol lower and a rifle lower.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Anderson has some actually marked pistol,,, thought about grabbing a couple.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Cabelas carries Anderson lowers now - $53.55 OTD - sold as "other"

Jeff
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
get a noveske for 300.00
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A receiver is a receiver. There's no distinction between a pistol lower and a rifle lower.
View Quote
So I can just pick up a AR15 lower at my LGS and slap the 10.5 and Shockwave blade on it then without getting perp walked? Seriously I'm asking to stay legal. I know there are different rules for making a pistol as apposed to a SBR. The confusion and ass hattery abounds these days.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy a spikes and have it shipped to your local gun store or anyone else who has low fees in your area for transfer.

AR15 Lowers

Spike's
View Quote
My LGS has tons in stock already.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
get a noveske for 300.00
View Quote
Umm, no. Counter to what I want to do. Budget is key here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]
if budget is key, get anderson lowers
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if budget is key, get anderson lowers
View Quote
Cabelas has these, although they are like $59 instead of the online price, but there is no additional FFL fee or transfer to worry about. If they aren't in stock at your store you can have it shipped there for free by ordering online.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So I can just pick up a AR15 lower at my LGS and slap the 10.5 and Shockwave blade on it then without getting perp walked? Seriously I'm asking to stay legal. I know there are different rules for making a pistol as apposed to a SBR. The confusion and ass hattery abounds these days.
View Quote
Yes.  Any receiver that was not originally configured as a rifle may be configured as a pistol, simple as that.

- OS
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yes.  Any receiver that was not originally configured as a rifle may be configured as a pistol, simple as that.

- OS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- OS
virgin lower can become pistol or rifle. doesn't matter what the 4473 says "other, long gun, pistol" DOES NOT MATTER. virgin lower is virgin lower is virgin lower

pistol can become rifle then pistol then rifle whatever.

rifle CANNOT become pistol.

that's the only stupid law shit you have to worry about and it's retarded and practically unenforceable anyways
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

virgin lower can become pistol or rifle. doesn't matter what the 4473 says "other, long gun, pistol" DOES NOT MATTER. virgin lower is virgin lower is virgin lower

pistol can become rifle then pistol then rifle whatever.

rifle CANNOT become pistol.

that's the only stupid law shit you have to worry about and it's retarded and practically unenforceable anyways
View Quote
Many thanks guys. This was the info I needed.

As to Anderson lowers, they do indeed look good. I think my LGS has them as well as Spikes and a few other makes. Being a holiday weekend, I could not call them since they are closed till Tuesday. I will post pics when this is done.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes. A receiver is a receiver. As far as the ATF is concerned, there is no such thing as a pistol receiver or a rifle receiver. I don't know why some manufacturers offer lowers stamped "pistol." Maybe its a state law thing somewhere. You can build a rifle on a receiver marked "pistol." You can build a pistol on any virgin receiver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:36:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered 2 of these... Anderson pistol marked
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#20]
When you fill out your paperwork ask the gun shop about checking off the box I think its marked other. You won't have to worry about things. Any lower receiver will work. I wouldn't buy one marked pistol.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When you fill out your paperwork ask the gun shop about checking off the box I think its marked other. . . .
View Quote
You shouldn't have to ask. "Other" is the ONLY proper way to log a receiver.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

... I don't know why some manufacturers offer lowers stamped "pistol." Maybe its a state law thing somewhere.....
View Quote
Nope, not now or ever in any state. Purely a "feel good" thang on part of the buyers that some makers tapped into.

- OS
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Picked up one Spikes Crusader lower and a Anderson lower at my LGS this morning.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15 Lowers

Spike's
Then you're done. A lower is not a rifle until it is turned into one. It is perfectly legal to make it into a pistol first and then you can convert it back and forth whenever you feel like it. As long as it was a pistol first.

Good choice on the Crusader. I have one and it's my favorite.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Then you're done. A lower is not a rifle until it is turned into one. It is perfectly legal to make it into a pistol first and then you can convert it back and forth whenever you feel like it. As long as it was a pistol first.

Good choice on the Crusader. I have one and it's my favorite.
View Quote
I am digging the integrated trigger guard. Very high quality and looks great. I didn't want the Spikes logo or Punisher logo. Too played out IMHO. The crusader shield is nice as well as the fire control wording. I'm calling this my Crusader Pistol. I'm off tomorrow to get a LPK and then order the Shockwave blade kit.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Got a Anderson LPK for $40. Almost there!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Well she is done! thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice! I have that lower. Mines a rifle though.  Enjoy your build.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:17:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I really like it. The Shockwave blade is excellent. The dimples in the tube make it rock solid. I have a MI sling attachment to slip on but I got to find it in by parts bin. I may pick up a KAC carbine rail and a BUIS for it soon.

Really need a can now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Have you shot it?  What upper is that?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well she is done! thanks for the info guys.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a240/Daffy05/IMG_1230_zps9wcecvnc.jpg
View Quote
How do you like that upper? I am considering one but cant decide on an upper with a front sight base or one that needs front and rear buis
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How do you like that upper? I am considering one but cant decide on an upper with a front sight base or one that needs front and rear buis
View Quote
Sorry for the late response.

I do indeed like mine. Reminds me of the NAVY EOD 10.5" guns I have seen.

Here are the latest pics of her. Added a Troy rail I had laying around. Alo added KNS anti walk pin kit, BUIS, GG&G sling thing and a Aimpoint Pro.

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Good looking build, I like it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a KAC 600 meter BUIS around somewhere I need to find and swap for the MBUS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#35]
ask the gun shop for a circumcised lower.
They'll know what you mean.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top