Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2017 12:06:05 PM EDT
I've been looking for a silent captured spring/buffer set up for my 10.3 build. What are some good options I should look at?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the JP Silent captured Buffer on my 300 Blackout, Really smoothed the action, I used standard AR Bolt and Shockwave Buffer Tube. The JP System has a Spring Package that allows you to tune your action, I also removed the Buffer retainer pin on my lower since the Captured Buffer is all one piece.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Or (if you have the $$) you could go with one of the Maxim Defense CQB Braces.  You can select one with the JP Silent Capture setup.

The CQB Brace (which has straps):

Or the CQB EXC (which isn't a strap-on):
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm actually waiting on a SB PDW brace from Brownells.

Which one is better? I ordered the SB because it looked like it could get a better cheek weld on there but, the Maxim looks nice as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the JP Silent captured Buffer on my 300 Blackout, Really smoothed the action, I used standard AR Bolt and Shockwave Buffer Tube. The JP System has a Spring Package that allows you to tune your action, I also removed the Buffer retainer pin on my lower since the Captured Buffer is all one piece.
View Quote
Is there any advantage to removing the buffer retainer pin or is it required for the install? I've got a titanium v7 retainer in my lower. I might want to keep it if I go this route.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm actually waiting on a SB PDW brace from Brownells.

Which one is better? I ordered the SB because it looked like it could get a better cheek weld on there but, the Maxim looks nice as well.
View Quote
The SB Tactical Brace is less expensive.  But the Maxim Defense collapses to a shorter length.  And they each have the QD holes in different locations.  The SB Tactical has a single socket at the 6 o'clock position, while the Maxim has 2 sockets at roughly the 3 & 9 o'clock spots.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The SB Tactical Brace is less expensive.  But the Maxim Defense collapses to a shorter length.  And they each have the QD holes in different locations.  The SB Tactical has a single socket at the 6 o'clock position, while the Maxim has 2 sockets at roughly the 3 & 9 o'clock spots.
View Quote
I just cancelled my order for the SB. I've waited waited way too long. Now, I need to find a Maxim. Should I buy the normal weight or heavy weight silent captured spring/buffers?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just cancelled my order for the SB. I've waited waited way too long. Now, I need to find a Maxim. Should I buy the normal weight or heavy weight silent captured spring/buffers?
View Quote
That depends on how your firearm is setup (caliber & barrel length).  But if you get the heavy version, you can always remove some of the weights to make it lighter.  With the lighter one you'd have to purchase additional weights if you wanted to make if heavier.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That depends on how your firearm is setup (caliber & barrel length).  But if you get the heavy version, you can always remove some of the weights to make it lighter.  With the lighter one you'd have to purchase additional weights if you wanted to make if heavier.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrel is a 10.3" carbine gas length. 5.56.

Do the standard JP SCS weights and springs work on the Maxim version?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm getting so close to buying a Maxim brace with SCS..

I don't know what to use it for, but I want it.
View Quote
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top