Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2017 3:09:06 PM EDT
I've been looking and reading on several different BCGs and price is what is driving this question. I've always just run the LGS special's in the past but wanted to go with something more in this one.

Here is the current build:

Aero 10.5 Enhanced upper with FSB
Aero lower
Aero LPK
Bad short throw safety
POF Single stage trigger
Shockwave brace
BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle
Vortex Sparc AR

I might end up splurging for a suppressor one day in the future for this pistol as well as an SBR stamp but for now I want to keep it in pistol form to have in my truck when traveling.

The BCGs I'm looking at are the BCM and the Lantac. The Lantac being $100 more right off the bat yes, but is it worth it to run it over the BCM? I hear and read good things about both of these BCGs and really just want some first hand experience advice on whether its worth it to splurge on the Lantac.

Or if I'm just way off base and need to look elsewhere let me know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been looking and reading on several different BCGs and price is what is driving this question. I've always just run the LGS special's in the past but wanted to go with something more in this one.

Here is the current build:

Aero 10.5 Enhanced upper with FSB
Aero lower
Aero LPK
Bad short throw safety
POF Single stage trigger
Shockwave brace
Holosun red dot
BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle

I might end up splurging for a suppressor one day in the future for this pistol as well as an SBR stamp but for now I want to keep it in pistol form to have in my truck when traveling.

The BCGs I'm looking at are the BCM and the Lantac. The Lantac being $100 more right off the bat yes, but is it worth it to run it over the BCM? I hear and read good things about both of these BCGs and really just want some first hand experience advice on whether its worth it to splurge on the Lantac.

Or if I'm just way off base and need to look elsewhere let me know.

Thanks
View Quote

I wouldn't spend more than $100 in this market.

Toolcraft or Fail Zero. No use splurging on the Lantac or even a BCM.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Toolcraft or PSA premium, you can get both of them for less than a hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Toolcraft - cheap and reliable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:49:53 AM EDT
[#4]
PSA premium for the money. Battle Field Vegas has ran several thousands of rounds though them and they have held up as well as or better than LMT and Daniel Defence BCGs. This a thread that the Top Tier group cringe when you compare PSA products to their Gucci ARs.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/677135_High_round_count_AR_M4_s__over_100_000_rounds__and_how_they_have_handled_on_our_range.html
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks ya'll for the advice.

I have a PSA Premium BCG as my backup/spare right now that I could put in it but I was wanting to go with a nickel boron bcg just because I've never own one.

I started checking into Fail Zero and Toolcraft. Seems either of those would be a good buy.

Are the Toolcraft BCGs the ones on crypticcoatings?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks ya'll for the advice.

I have a PSA Premium BCG as my backup/spare right now that I could put in it but I was wanting to go with a nickel boron bcg just because I've never own one.

I started checking into Fail Zero and Toolcraft. Seems either of those would be a good buy.

Are the Toolcraft BCGs the ones on crypticcoatings?
View Quote
Check and see if PSA still has their NiB BCG on sale. They started their Memorial Day sale yesterday and had their NiB BCG with a CH on sale for $100.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#7]
ToolCraft.

Also coatings can and do fail. If you want to deviate from the standard .milspec BCG I'd get nitride, it's a metal hardening treatment.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Saxman - Thanks! didn't even think to see if PSA had a NB set. I'm actually getting the Vortex Sparc AR/10 Pmags deal through them.

OldArmy - Appreciate it, I'll look into the Nitrite as well. Link below the BCG our referring too?

ToolCraft Nitrite

One of the things I do like about the Toolcraft I've been reading is they have "no questions asked warrenty" so that's always a good thing!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Nitrided Toolcraft.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Saxman - Thanks! didn't even think to see if PSA had a NB set. I'm actually getting the Vortex Sparc AR/10 Pmags deal through them.

OldArmy - Appreciate it, I'll look into the Nitrite as well. Link below the BCG our referring too?

ToolCraft Nitrite

One of the things I do like about the Toolcraft I've been reading is they have "no questions asked warrenty" so that's always a good thing!
View Quote
Actually just looked again, the NiB w/ CH is $110, but they now have their Premium w/ CH for $100.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#11]
just buy a aero. keep it in the family
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Toolcraft or the fail zero if primary arms still has the sale on them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just buy a aero. keep it in the family
View Quote
OH! good call!

Toolcraft seems to be the fav amongst everyone though at this point. Well, from the beginning of this post it seems.

I'll check on the sale for the FZ and see if its still on. Thanks!

EDIT: the sale is still on, $99 for the FZ NB

I'm really leaning on the Toolcraft Nitrite finish though, JoeBob's has them for $99 as well and I haven't read any bad reviews on them yet. I really like the "no questions asked" lifetime warranty they have.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#14]
ok so I ended up going with Toolcraft's Nitride BCG.

Thanks everyone for the advice and help. I'm starting to post here on the forums after being a long time lurker so once I get home from this deployment and get this pistol together I'll be sure and post about it.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:31:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Dj the Toolcraft nitride is only $75 on WCarmory.

I have the phosphate, nitride and Nib from them.  All top notch. The TC nib has a better finish than my FZ and is just as nice as my BCMs. They're very good quality.

Stay safe on your deployment
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top