BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been meaning to post these. It's a great case. The mandolin size fit some of my stuff perfectly.

CZ Scorpion EVO SBR with factory folding stock and suppressor

extended stock without the suppressor

10.5" AR pistol with maxim defense brace and YHM wraith flash hider

M92PAP with brace (have to remove flash hider)
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Fits my 10" 300blk great
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
$18 shipped

Thanks for posting about these OP.  Order a black one.  Red on Ebay is same price.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my Phitz Mandolin case a few days ago and am very impressed with it.  Little over $19 and its an unbelievable deal.  I like this case better than any of the dedicated gun cases I have seen and bought for way more money.  I can carry this case around with my pistol with little problem now.  I also got a Bobolat tennis racket case but it is only made of nylon with no lining, although it has a nice shoulder strap, but I doubt it will hold up for long if used to carry the heavier pistol around.  It would be fine though for carrying the AR pistol behind a truck seat or something similar.  Here are some photos of my Phitz Mandolin case with the AR pistol.  If I use my Magpul 10rd magazine it will fit in case fully loaded.  I can put spare mags and sling in the outside pocket.

I sent an email to Phitz with a couple photos and telling them how great their cases are.  Since they are in the Chicago area I expect them to freak out, but who knows.  Maybe they will appreciate a different crowd liking their products.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I quick ordered another mandolin case since now that they are aware that they are being used for firearms they will soon be no longer available.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I quick ordered another mandolin case since now that they are aware that they are being used for firearms they will soon be no longer available.
View Quote
Yep they are closing the business down now as we speak just in case another "Gun nut" buys another case.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep they are closing the business down now as we speak just in case another "Gun nut" buys another case.  
View Quote
Seriously?  They're probably making thousands of dollars just from this thread alone.  How many mandolin players are there?  How often do they replace their cases?  I can't imagine that this was a "high demand" product for them until now.  They should be thankful that someone had the ingenuity to discover another use for their products and is willing to pay for them.  AR owners just handed them a new market opportunity that most businesses would be thrilled to get.  But, hey... good luck expanding the mandolin and baritone ukulele business.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where did you get that information from?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Jeebus!  Does no one get a sarcastic joke anymore?

No, Phitz is NOT closing down because some of us Arfcommers bought cases from them to put our pistols in.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Welp, we did it!  Between this thread and one that ran in General Discussion and apparently other gun forums, the Phitz Black Mandolin case that was on sale for $12.98 is Out Of Stock Temporarily.  We wiped them out of cases, boys!

All Your Cases Are Belong To Us
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Welp, we did it!  Between this thread and one that ran in General Discussion and apparently other gun forums, the Phitz Black Mandolin case that was on sale for $12.98 is Out Of Stock Temporarily.  We wiped them out of cases, boys!

View Quote
Still available in RED
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
They oversold as well. They sent me an email today saying they were OOS when I made my purchase. They offered my choice of Navy or Red if I wanted to keep the order. As the Navy appears to be 3X the price of the red/black ones, I naturally chose it; not to mention that red goes against my purpose for this bag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]
My order got completely cancelled.  When I ordered, both items were in stock, I got my conformation, my Paypal account was charged and paid, then I waited, and waited, and waited, over a week I waited and never heard anything more.  I contacted them and they told me they dropped the ball and while I had been charged, the order was never processed and both iems were now out of stock.  They refunded my money and when I tried to reorder, I really did not find anything I liked and when I did find an item, shipping was more than the item itself.  Screw it.  I didn't really 'need' it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Got this one for $10 shipped on Amazon

Even has backpack straps

Not sure why it has Russell Brand's face on it though

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Even has backpack straps

http://i.imgur.com/diX5TYp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7j8UK6A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JWCecLV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9UHoXdk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9j7XbP1.jpg
View Quote
you just wanna be a rockstar
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone know which one of their cases will fit a 12.5 inch ar15 pistol with a thorsden cheek piece? I am thinking of making a 6.5 grendel side charger pistol with an anderson barrel  after i finish my precision grendel  rifle because i think several local gun shops sell the wolf steel cased grendel ammo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
New cases are in.  The banjo case holds an 18" fixed stock rifle

The guns are in the cases as seen here
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/IMG-0626-182167.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/5205/IMG-0627-182168.jpg
View Quote
Thank you! I was wondering if this exact case would fit my precision grendel rifle as it will use a 18 inch barrel and an A2 buttstock. Pretty hard to take accurate measurements when your gun is in pieces!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Even has backpack straps

http://i.imgur.com/diX5TYp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7j8UK6A.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/JWCecLV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9UHoXdk.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9j7XbP1.jpg
View Quote
First off, what are the specs on your AR15 as that thing is plain awesome!
Second, which case did you order?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

First off, what are the specs on your AR15 as that thing is plain awesome!
Second, which case did you order?
View Quote
BCM upper with 14.5" ELW fluted barrel, Precision Armament AFAB-mini muzzle brake, 13" KMR handguard, Schuster FA plug, RRA chrome BCG, BCM gunfighter CH, Larue index clips, BCM keymod covers/sling mount/3" rail section, 6" Accutac bipod, ACOG TA31 in ADM mount, Sig Sauer BUIS
BCM lower with LWRC UCIW stock, BCM grip, Magpul trigger guard, B.A.D. enhanced takedown/pivot pins, Mako movement eliminator, Spike's sling mount endplate, Magpul MS3 sling, Seekins bolt catch/mag release/ambi selector, ALG ACT trigger, JP Springs

That's the 3/4 guitar size case
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#22]
It's official. Guitar, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin cases are no longer discreet firearms cases. A recent poll indicates the majority of guitar, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin cases now contain firearms. OP should never have posted this idea.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's official. Guitar, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin cases are no longer discreet firearms cases. A recent poll indicates the majority of guitar, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin cases now contain firearms. OP should never have posted this idea.
View Quote
Oh well. I just got the shipping confirmation for a ukulele case today for my 10.5 300 blackout. Should be good for traveling.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Link to poll/source?
View Quote
Sarcasm
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Tennis Warehouse Bag

$10 with $5.95 shipping.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I figured, but I teach high school kids, so I'm used to utter clarification 
View Quote
Wow.........I have no idea how you could do that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:52:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for posting this deal.

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#30]
^^^ Sweet......
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Just ordered the Phitz "Hula Girl" Tenor Ukulele case for my 8.5" pistol, $20 shipped. Now I just need to find some cheap foam to cut!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#32]
You don't have to put foam in a Phitz case (unless you want to of course), it will work fine as is.  Its made better than most gun cases I have seen and will hold shape good too.  Phitz really designed some superb soft cases.

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#33]
The Ukulele baritone case fits my 10.5 300 blackout with 12 inch rail, flash can and shockwave brace perfect. If I collapse the brace all the way it will fit with a 20 round mag in it. My 10.5 5.56 with a2 birdcage fits with room to spare.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Has anybody tried a Saxophone or Trumpet bag?  What about a hard case?  I'm looking for a 10.5 with KAK can, and buffer.  I think it's 28"OAL.  Wouldn't mind one for a rifle either and those are 32".  Geez, this makes me poor.  

Let me simplify my concerns.  Which one should I get???  
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a charcoal grey baritone ukulele case today for my 27.5 inch OAL, 10.5 inch 5.56 pistol, fits perfect with a couple inches to spare.

[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#36]
[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]
STOP buying these damn you.  Every time you'll use these for your pistols, a long haired leftist musician hippie dies.  Who will play the coffee houses now?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I have that exact case with an 8" 9mm ar in it.
Pocket on the back holds 6 30rnd mags no problem.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, I'm a day late and dollar short, cause I just this thread, and viola, can't find a case anywhere, seems like they only sell in batches, or they really did get wind and aren't selling them anymore.  I currently use a Lancer Tactical 36" padded double case when going to the range, but the bag is nowhere close to discreet.

This bag from Botach

Anyone have any recommendations on finding the Phitz cases?
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm a day late and dollar short, cause I just this thread, and viola, can't find a case anywhere, seems like they only sell in batches, or they really did get wind and aren't selling them anymore.  I currently use a Lancer Tactical 36" padded double case when going to the range, but the bag is nowhere close to discreet.

This bag from Botach

Anyone have any recommendations on finding the Phitz cases?
View Quote
Looks like Phitz doesn't even have a website anymore. They are selling on amazon but their selection was kind of small.

Was good while it lasted.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#42]
What is not attractive to a thief!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top