Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2017 4:12:46 AM EDT
Hello all. I recently purchased one of these handstops manufactured by Ergo and attached it to the bottom rail of my AR pistol handguard. When I took it to the range to test it out an acquaintance approached me and told me that the hand stop is a bit risky because it could be used as a VFG (because it is "hanging") and would make my pistol an NFA firearm. I didn't care for the way it felt on the bottom anyway so I switched it to the side like shown on the pictures, and I liked it much better that way. So my question is, is it kosher to use this product on my AR pistol without making it an AOW regardless of the orientation? I tried to research more on this particular product but couldn't find other resources so I'm at a loss right now. Thank you for taking the time to read my post, any constructive input is appreciated.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It's fine.
Even my Scorpion Evo pistol came from the factory with a handstop similar to that.
Only full vertical grips are an issue with pistols, angled grips are legal.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top