Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2017 5:21:57 PM EDT
I have a Palmetto State Armory 9mm Glock lower. Does anyone know if it is compatible with any uppers other than PSA? I really like the Kaw Valley Precision 9mm upper I found, but neither company will tell me if they are compatible. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question, getting tired of waiting for PSA pistol uppers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I will be following this as well. I just ordered one of their glock lowers.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is in the mail now.

I ordered the Spinta Slick Side Billet Upper.  I'll post up pictures on Friday or so, once everything comes in.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I look forward to it AT23. Let us know how it runs! I've had it with PSA only stocking 16" 9mm uppers for months. Getting real close to pulling the trigger on a Kaw Valley Precision upper and taking my chances on eating the 15% restocking fee if it doesn't work...
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW I'm running a PSA glock billet lower w/PSA hybrid BCG in a RRA 9mm upper. That RRA upper originally came with and ran on a RRA colt SMG pattern bolt.

I read in an earlier post that CMMG Glock bolts are compatible with PSA Glock lowers. Really, any Glock bolt should be compatible as the only difference I can see between the RRA Colt and the PSA hybrid is the bottom center of the hybrid bolt is narrower to accommodate the singe feed Glock mags vs the dual feed Colt SMG mags. Otherwise, they're the same.

Can't comment on LRHO as my lower doesn't have that feature.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is in the mail now.

I ordered the Spinta Slick Side Billet Upper.  I'll post up pictures on Friday or so, once everything comes in.
View Quote
I too have this upper on the way with a Spinta bolt carrier and Ballistic Advantage 5.5" barrel. I posted in the PSA forum about the availability of their 7.5" upper and got crickets. So PSA's loss is a few other company's gain.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Wanderson, this is the kind of info I am looking for! +1

Sounds like I have the same lower you do, no LRHO either. Only difference is I'd like to run a KVP complete upper rather than mix with a PSA bcg.

And Laxman, same story here. Calls, emails, and forum threads to PSA have turned up little useful information. My most recent call was today. The Customer Service Rep said they can't tell me what the differences with their "Hybrid Uppers and BCGs" actually are because they are "proprietary"...I know that...I want to know what parts make them proprietary as to not work with other uppers. I don't consider a Glock cut BCG "proprietary".
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wanderson, this is the kind of info I am looking for! +1

Sounds like I have the same lower you do, no LRHO either. Only difference is I'd like to run a KVP complete upper rather than mix with a PSA bcg.

And Laxman, same story here. Calls, emails, and forum threads to PSA have turned up little useful information. My most recent call was today. The Customer Service Rep told me they can't tell me what the differences are with their "Hybrid Uppers and BCGs" actually are because they are "proprietary"...I know that...I want to know what parts make them proprietary as to not work with other uppers.
View Quote
Ive read that using their glock lowers with non-PSA uppers poses no real issue. I have the Glock lower with LRBHO so hopefully over the next few weeks when all the parts trickle in Ill be able to give a more definitive answer.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good boss! Most of what I have read shows the same results you found...except for a few conflicting reports. But that has put some doubt in my mind. I will be real pissy if I end up eating $100 returning and restocking a perfectly good upper because it doesn't mate or run reliably with my PSA lower, and then having to still wait until oblivion for a 7.5" PSA upper to be in stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds good boss! Most of what I have read shows the same results you found...except for a few conflicting reports. But that has put some doubt in my mind. I will be real pissy if I end up eating $100 returning and restocking a perfectly good upper because it doesn't mate or run reliably with my PSA lower, and then having to still wait until oblivion for a 7.5" PSA upper to be in stock.
View Quote
Said 7.5" upper was exactly what I had been waiting for. I believe it completely disappeared from their product listing the past week.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes it did. After me checking twice a day waiting for it to come into stock for almost two months, they pulled it completely. That leads me to believe it won't be available in the foreseeable future.  It's what prompted me to look elsewhere.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top