Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2017 4:53:38 PM EDT
Hey guys! New member here and first post. I need a bit of help. I'm putting together a 9mm AR pistol. I've ordered a Palmetto State Armory dedicated 9mm Glock lower. Now I'm searching for an upper to go with. I've been on the phone with PSA customer service and haven't been able to get the answers I need.

Does anyone know the inside diameter of the Keymod/Mlok rail that come on PSA 9mm uppers? I need to know if my Rugged Obsidian 45 would fit underneath the hand guard. The obsidian measures just under 1.4" outside diameter.

Thank You!!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If PSA manufacturers the rail, and they won't give you the data you need, you're prolly SOL. If they use rails that other companies make, then the PWD has the ID of almost every rail currently manufactured, and some that have been discontinued too. Check it out.

***edit*** just browsing their site by accessory type / manufacturerer it appears that they only manufacture one rail in-house. Presuming it's not that one, it's contracted out or just another company's product that they install. Find out make/model and if that company's site doesn't have the date, the PWD likely does. Have a link for what you're looking for? I may be able to help. I've got pretty good at tracking down data that manufacturer's don't post...
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Something along these lines:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9mm-4-pistol-6-lightweight-mlok-upper-with-kak-flash-can-with-hybrid-bcg-and-ch-516444481.html

Customer service at PSA has very polite employees, but often haven't been very helpful with specifics...and very long wait times. I'm not sure how they don't have the specs for the products they produce/sell.

Thanks for YOUR effort, you have already put more in than PSA.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
That Kak flash can that comes on it is 1.36" diameter, very close to your 1.4" can, but that Kak looks very close fitting to that rail.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Goofguy. I did look up specs for the KAK can hoping for answers. Unfortunately it just added more questions. Apparently KAK offers two cans. The standard 1.36" and the slimline at 1.20".

Who knows which one PSA uses...I doubt they would be able to tell me either.

If it was the standard, I'd probably order and cross my fingers hoping to not have to return it. If it was the slimline, the rail is almost certainly too small.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, your can will not fit.
PSA uses the slim kak can, 1.21
The inner diameter of their rail is 1.375
According to my calipers.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Ooooof course they do. Well that answers my question exactly. Thanks MrP! +1

Now the only question is whether or not a different branded upper will work on my PSA Glock 9mm lower...
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top