Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2017 8:37:01 PM EDT
Because there in my jurisdiction there is no restrictions on CCW type (what you can carry), my question is are any of you guys carrying AR pistols? If so what methods are you using? I have a 7.5 inch AR pistol build with KAK Shockwave Blade stabilizer. Trying to figure what my best concealed options might be.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Carry? No. Keep handy outside of the home? Maybe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a LAW Tactical folder on it and it'll fit in a small day pack. A very small day pack. If your muzzle device is short enough it might even fit in a briefcase.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Tennis racket case, I don't play guitar
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 7.5 barreled upper with an A2 flash hider. I have a backpack that I carry and use part of the week. When did this build I was wondering would it fit in with the sights up and a magazine in it. It does and you can't tell it. I have a Mil-Spec brand pack. I have never carried it outside the house but I could with this pack. It would make it easy to store in the back of my Jeep. So far I have used my pistol as my home defense gun. I put my 16" rifle away.

If I had a shoulder sling I could wear my M65 field jacket with this pistol kept under my arm and no one would see it. Wouldn't be comfortable to wear that is for sure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
My CCW 9mm

Not really Conducive for Instant use, but I can put it into action very quickly
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Not that I carry it around on my person (though I could), and right now it lives behind the seat of my truck, but this:

Lives in this:

- OS
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]
If you're gonna go with a pistol caliber platform why not just get a Kel-Tec sub 2000? Deployment is much quicker and accessible than putting together an upper and a lower and then racking the bolt on an AR pistol...
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a LAW Tactical folder on it and it'll fit in a small day pack. A very small day pack. If your muzzle device is short enough it might even fit in a briefcase.
View Quote

There are some good options out there, but the LAW Tactical folder really lets you shorten up the package.  My 11.5" barrel 5.56 AR with the folder is 20" long. It will fit in a fairly skinny hydration pack like a Camelback or a very compact daypack.  I like it so much I'm considering doing a 300BO in 8.5 with a LAW folder and have the suppressor handy to snap on.

If quick deployment is a priority, the LAW folder may be one of the better options.  Heck, you can even fire at least once with the unit folded.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are some good options out there, but the LAW Tactical folder really lets you shorten up the package.  My 11.5" barrel 5.56 AR with the folder is 20" long. It will fit in a fairly skinny hydration pack like a Camelback or a very compact daypack.  I like it so much I'm considering doing a 300BO in 8.5 with a LAW folder and have the suppressor handy to snap on.

If quick deployment is a priority, the LAW folder may be one of the better options.  Heck, you can even fire at least once with the unit folded.
View Quote

This is what I did to my 9mm AR. It has a 7.5" barrel. The LAW folder works really well at making it slip into a small duffel. It also adds next to nothing to deployment time. It feels very solid.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

My Maxpedition Sling Pack works great for it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Come on more pictures please! I can see potential as a secondary firearm but it might intimidate a jury if you had to use it. A lot to process here but some good ideas none the less. I was trying to dream up an under the seat mount for my jeep, but the carbine in the overhead is still probably faster to get out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Might as well post this again
The .45 is ~15" collapsed.

Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Come on more pictures please! I can see potential as a secondary firearm but it might intimidate a jury if you had to use it. A lot to process here but some good ideas none the less. I was trying to dream up an under the seat mount for my jeep, but the carbine in the overhead is still probably faster to get out. https://acdn.extremeterrain.com/i/20140620185335_4042.jpg
View Quote

Holy hell that looks great. Does it lock at all like a police mount? Even still, that's out of the area most criminals look when they're casing your car to rob you parked in public.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Holy hell that looks great. Does it lock at all like a police mount? Even still, that's out of the area most criminals look when they're casing your car to rob you parked in public.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Come on more pictures please! I can see potential as a secondary firearm but it might intimidate a jury if you had to use it. A lot to process here but some good ideas none the less. I was trying to dream up an under the seat mount for my jeep, but the carbine in the overhead is still probably faster to get out. https://acdn.extremeterrain.com/i/20140620185335_4042.jpg

Not very often mostly on the ranch. I use a cable lock if I have to leave for a period of time.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top