Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2017 2:07:58 PM EDT
Question for those that shoot buffer tube to cheek.
My pistol has a Meprolight Tru Dot RDS which has a built in QD base at 1/3 co witness height. The sight height feels just right on a regular buttstock rifle, but on my pistol it just seems a little "off". I'm buying a another red dot and riser for a 22 pistol upper I'm building. Should I try a lower riser maybe?

Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your current setup co witness with your flip up sights?  If so, they are correct but of course, it's yours to change.  It's probably more a matter of getting used to the head position on the tube.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My current sight is a fixed base with 1/3 lower cowitness. I really have to concentrate on getting my nose right up to charging handle. It helps me to find my red dot a little faster now to deploy my front sight lol!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not put the front sight at the end of the rail?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Trying to figure out a better setup. Right now that's a Crimson Trace green laser up front the sight would block it. I could move it forward more but it wouldn't be most ergonomical. It's not in the picture, but I run a TLR light on the bottom front.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I would ditch the laser and move the front sight to the very end of the rail. The only lasers I run are IR lasers.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top