BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2017 11:19:33 PM EDT
Looks awesome! Can't wait for them to come out
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol "revolutionary" it's just another knock-off of the SB-15 only a little bit smaller profile. But somehow people still buy this junk...
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lol "revolutionary" it's just another knock-off of the SB-15 only a little bit smaller profile. But somehow people still buy this junk...
View Quote

And some people are clueless fools who like to talk out their rears.  

The Tailhook Brace is NOTHING like the SB-15.

The SB-15 is a Rubberized attachment that is supposed to be strapped to a persons forearm.

The Tailhook Brace is a Metal attachment that opens to allow a person to rest their forearm on top of the "hook" portion to stabilize the firearm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks awesome! Can't wait for them to come out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8wGz8aKHqc
View Quote

Only team members can embed YouTube videos. Here you go -

Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy cow! They want $200 for that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uncomfortability aside, they're competing with a $200 tax stamp... might as well just SBR the thing at that price lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The SB-15 is a Rubberized attachment that is supposed to be strapped to a persons forearm.

The Tailhook Brace is a Metal attachment that opens to allow a person to rest their forearm on top of the "hook" portion to stabilize the firearm.
View Quote

I take that back, it actually looks WORSE than the SB15, since at least the sb15 will give you some support to hold the firearm up with one hand. I'm not even sure what this does....
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, sometimes it's hard for people to wrap their head around an advanced product. The benefits far outweigh any SBR bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uncomfortability aside, they're competing with a $200 tax stamp... might as well just SBR the thing at that price lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's kind of pricey. I understand R&D cost and productions runs.
The brace does allow you to cross state lines easier and not have to wait 9 months to put a stock on one.

I'm in the process of building my first pistol and eventually want a suppressor. If the HPA passes I'll probably turn it into a SBR, if it doesn't it'll stay a pistol and I'll spend the $200 on the suppressor.
Not giving the government $400
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

SBR'ing a firearm is NOT an option for everyone due to State Laws.  And some folks who do have the option still want less Governmental oversight when they travel across state lines.

Quoted:
I take that back, it actually looks WORSE than the SB15, since at least the sb15 will give you some support to hold the firearm up with one hand. I'm not even sure what this does....

If you still don't understand even after watching one of these videos or reading the information from the Gear Head Works website, then your understanding of general physics, leverage, and force/counter-force dynamics might be too low for comprehension.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
The invention of this stuff simply proves just how fucking stupid an SBR/SBS law actually is.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd wager that has about as much chance of getting approved as the "dust plug" for the shockwave brace.

Edit:  Looks like they already got it, and the proprietary buffer tube skirts the questionability of using a standard tube
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
DT
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd wager that has about as much chance of getting approved as the "dust plug" for the shockwave brace.

Edit:  Looks like they already got it, and the proprietary buffer tube skirts the questionability of using a standard tube
View Quote
There is no law that prevents them from using a standard buffer tube.

The original idea of the pistol tube was to 'show' your lack of intent to mount a stock...but with the braces whats the point.  Its either against your shoulder or not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you watch the video? The folding part rests on the bottom of your forearm and prevents the front-heavy barrel portion from dropping (pivoting) down at the grip...

...looks to be a cool idea
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did you watch the video? The folding part rests on the bottom of your forearm and prevents the front-heavy barrel portion from dropping (pivoting) down at the grip...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it does a good job to prevent the front from dropping.  

However, what does it happen when you shoot and the front actually "wants" to go up?  That hook will not hold it, so the barrel's brake/compensator better be very good.

The HK model actually does a better job in this aspect.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#17]
The upward force when fired will be covered is my bet. It gives the developer grip on a new downward force muzzle device, so it maintains constant contact with the forearm!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I like it!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's for the brace with the tube and hardware.  The brace itself is much cheaper.

Very SPAS-12ey.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone seen any updates on this? The mod 1 is the last puzzle piece for my current 9mm AR pistol build.

I need it now!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol, sometimes it's hard for people to wrap their head around an advanced product. The benefits far outweigh any SBR bullshit.
View Quote
Disagree. More like company A picked a bad time to come out with an expensive gimmick

What's that Shotgun that comes with one of these?  The one almost everyone takes off because it sucks....SPAS I think?

It's a very down gun market. Obviously these guys don't have business degrees and didn't do a proper feasibility study with this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Disagree. More like company A picked a bad time to come out with an expensive gimmick

What's that Shotgun that comes with one of these?  The one almost everyone takes off because it sucks....SPAS I think?

It's a very down gun market. Obviously these guys don't have business degrees and didn't do a proper feasibility study with this.
View Quote
Spoken like someone who might not know anything about something.

The firearm market is NOT down by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you have anything relevant to say about this product in this thread?!?

I've been holding off on getting the Maxim Defense CQB Brace because I would like to try one of these out and hope it's available soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Party pooper!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Spoken like someone who might not know anything about something.

The firearm market is NOT down by any stretch of the imagination.

Do you have anything relevant to say about this product in this thread?!?

I've been holding off on getting the Maxim Defense CQB Brace because I would like to try one of these out and hope it's available soon.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I talk to plenty of people in the industry from FFL's to gun shop owners to regular employees.

In most instances nothing is really moving except hand guns. I hear that over and over again.

Look at EE. Look at TacSwap. You can get awesome deals on stuff. I lost my ass selling a dbal i2 three weeks ago. Luckily the dbal d2 I bought to replace it was a steal.

Why do you think PSA and other places send out email after email with great deals on stuff like uppers and tossing in free PMAGs on top of it?  Whoever told you the gun market, in most instances isn't down doesn't know what they are talking about.

And I already made a relevant  point.  Just because you refuse to accept it doesn't mean it's not legitimate

This isn't a new concept. It's on the SPAS shotgun. Same exact concept. Now go look at some SPAS shotguns and tell me how many people leave that feature on.

Now you may argue that it's not the same because it's a different gun but not so fast. How many people really truly shoot their AR pistol one handed?  Not many. Typically people with some disability and that's not many.

Don't get me wrong it looks cool folded up and I like how it's adjustable but other than that it's way less impressive than you think.

I'm not anti capitalism and I'm not wishing for this product to fail it's just not a great time to introduce somewhat expensive products that are already on other guns and not loved by all and who's main purpose is to help shoot an AR pistol with one hand.....something most don't do.

On top of a down market?  Bad idea.

It it was $100 I'd buy it just for the fact it's got multiple positions and it looks pretty good. I'd care less about the hook.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Most people aren't going to shoot it one handed, but just want the ability to have a legal brace that they can adjust for length.

I think most people will just be using it with cheek weld, and want something that looks better then a plain tube or a huge hunk of rubber.

The actual hook part isn't most people's reason for buying it. It is adjustable and legal on a pistol and it improves cheeking while adding aesthetics...it just happens to have a hook if the user so decides to use it.

I had a spas 12 back in the late 80s. I removed the hook day 2. Not exactly the same thing and it was rarely or never used because you can shoulder the shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I sent them an email about release date and price. They said Spring 2017 and $120. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 3:07:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I sent them an email about release date and price. They said Spring 2017 and $120. Not too bad.
View Quote
It's spring, damn it! Take my money!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol,

you're likely a small handful of people who would be concerned about using that feature with this "brace."

I would wager they will easily sell hundreds of thousands of them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
If we're talking the Mod 2 for $120 that's pretty reasonable. I like the concept but wasn't sure I'd pay $200 for one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Most people aren't going to shoot it one handed, but just want the ability to have a legal brace that they can adjust for length.

I think most people will just be using it with cheek weld, and want something that looks better then a plain tube or a huge hunk of rubber.

The actual hook part isn't most people's reason for buying it. It is adjustable and legal on a pistol and it improves cheeking while adding aesthetics...it just happens to have a hook if the user so decides to use it.

I had a spas 12 back in the late 80s. I removed the hook day 2. Not exactly the same thing and it was rarely or never used because you can shoulder the shotgun.
View Quote
That was my point. The market for those who are disabled and need this to shoot is small I'd wager. Especially at $200.

But like I said, it looks good and the adjustment ability is nice. I said I'd buy one for $100. Now that news is out it's $120?  Yup. I'd buy. In fact after we get some reports on its durability I will buy.

I just get set off when people tout things as game changers and innovative whennthe idea was on a shotgun 30 years ago lol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lol,

you're likely a small handful of people who would be concerned about using that feature with this "brace."

I would wager they will easily sell hundreds of thousands of them.
View Quote
Hundreds of thousands?  

No.

Ten thousand a year for the next ten years is ONE hundred thousand. Let alone hundred(s) of thousands.

At $120 they will sell. But as many as you think?  I seriously doubt it. Maybe. Who knows.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#32]
If that is the correct price for the mod 2, maybe the Mod 1 will be about $69.

Which would seem very fair to me.

I need the mod 1 to complete this:
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I see thats a 5 or 6 position buffer tube he's got there.  
Thought it was illegal to use one of those on a pistol...has to be smooth to not accept a standard stock
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#34]
The tube is specific to the brace, a stock will not fit.

I also believe it is ok to use a standard buffer tube, as long as you don't keep a spare stock around...or something stupid like that..haha.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I see thats a 5 or 6 position buffer tube he's got there.  
Thought it was illegal to use one of those on a pistol...has to be smooth to not accept a standard stock
View Quote
Thinking that doesn't make it so.

".. an NFA firearm is made if aggregated parts are in close proximity such that they..serve no useful purpose OTHER than to make an NFA firearm (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and a short barrel)"...

- OS
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#36]
i'm guessing the mod 2 tube is 6061 since they're not saying anything about it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top