Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/2/2017 3:08:04 PM EDT
I have an ar10, 20 inch Rainier barrel with rifle gas. I use a utg ar308 A2 style stock, spring and buffer. It's throwing brass at 1 o'clock with recoil similar to a bolt action. It's got an aero precision BCG.  Is there anything I can do? I want to use a can at some point. Is an adjustable gas block the only answer or a heavier buffer/spring advisable?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
pull the upper off and look to se if you got bolt hits on the lower receiver. I had a aero bcg that put marks in the lower reciver. I went heavy buffer and power spring. also decided on an adjustable.

mine puts out a fireball.

10.5"
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Best way is to control that is to regulate gas at the gas block. Odds are the one you have in the now is wide open. Get an adjustable one.

Last thing you should do is use a higher powered buffer spring. Since it's a build, I wouldn't bother with the buffer either. New gas block.

Highly doubt you'll regret it. Heavier buffer won't help much.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
20" eh?

That's some AR pistol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty happy with my superlative arms adjustable gas block. Kinda hard to see in this pic 
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top