Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2016 7:30:24 PM EDT
I've got a handful of SBRs but with wait times increasing, I've got a 9mm lower I want to build and shoot
What's the best price brace right now?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
kak shockwaves frequently go one sale for 40 dollars. I think mine is way better then the sig
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I got mine here.  He is a member and a veteran.  They were on sale (brace only) for $20 at Thanksgiving.

Skidtactical
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on the Shockwave.  Couple it with a LAW folder adapter and you have a cool, small package.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a Shockwave and buffer tube from Rainer for $60 or so with expedited shipping.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Also depends if you want a color choice, finding a basic black for $40 isn't hard but most vendors that have other colors are charging list price.
I did see either Midway or Brownell's recently offering all colors for $40, not sure if that was a sale.  

The newer SB braces are sleeker than the original SB47 on my Draco but they seem to run about $100 over what a Shockwave brace & KAK tube go for.  My AR pistol & Scorpion Evo both sport shockwaves.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Primary Arms has the black blades
for $29 right now.

John

Link
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a KAK blade kit around Christmas time for $95 and added some sights to get $10 bucks off. It took care of shipping.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thanks for that link. Just ordered and replacing my Thordson Cheek Rest with it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

What I was going to post
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Will the blade work on a standard mil spec buffer tube?

If it does, I would take a drill and create my own dimples. Probably wouldnt need more than one as I doubt I need to move the thing around anyway once I found my sweet spot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Will the blade work on a standard mil spec buffer tube?

If it does, I would take a drill and create my own dimples. Probably wouldnt need more than one as I doubt I need to move the thing around anyway once I found my sweet spot.
View Quote

A.  I doubt the Shockwave blade will properly work on a Mil Spec Buffer Tube.
B.  If you can't swing the $$ for the Shockwave Kit posted above, then you might want to pursue a different hobby or activity.

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A.  I doubt the Shockwave blade will properly work on a Mil Spec Buffer Tube.
B.  If you can't swing the $ for the Shockwave Kit posted above, then you might want to pursue a different hobby or activity.

View Quote

lol

Lighten up.
It was intended as nothing more than a simple question and observation.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol

Lighten up.
It was intended as nothing more than a simple question and observation.
View Quote

The milspec, or commercial, standard buffer tubes designed for sliding stocks won't work with the Shockwave Blade, due to the large rib on the bottom of the tube.  However, any round pistol tube will work and yes, you can drill a small dimple.  No big deal and would save some coin if you had bought a pistol kit that came with the tube.  Once you have the stock set where you want, just screw the screw in till it touches, then a bit more to make a mark.  Take off the stock and either a hand drill or drill press, run a small divot in the tube at the mark you made (which doubles as a centerpunch dimple), then you are all set.

I ended up getting the KAK tube as it was only $24 shipped.  With all the adjustment options it made sense in case later I wanted a different set up.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#16]
^Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I just picked up a shockwaves from Josh at http://skidtactical.com/product-category/shockwave-kak/

Quick shipping and he was nice enough to give an arfcom discount.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#18]
How do we get the arfcom discount?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks for that link. Just ordered and replacing my Thordson Cheek Rest with it.
View Quote

Wow... Ordered on Monday and received Friday with standard shipping. I had never ordered from Schulyer before so I was a bit hesitant but am very impressed with their quick shipping.  I'm also REALLY happy with the Blade so far. Just pulled my buffer tube off, replaced it with the KAK dimpled tube and will play with the length. Really think my pistol looks complete now.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:33:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I asked, and he was nice enough to give me one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top