Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2016 1:14:23 PM EDT
I'm in the process of starting a pistol build, and while I pine over which parts to buy, something came to mind when I was thinking about optics.

When I zero an AR Rifle, I use a bag on the bench, or a bipod.  This will be my first AR Pistol - can you legally do the same.  I assume a bipod is out of the question, but would you be able to use bags to stabilize the barrel while bench shooting?

I did some searches but could only find rules about attachments VFG vs AFG, etc.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You can add a bipod, bags, a ANGLED fore grip. You CAN NOT add a VERTICAL fore grip.

Bev
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well for once, those are rules that make sense.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well for once, those are rules that make sense.
View Quote

Except for the part where you can't add a normal foregrip. You know, it would change it to a murderous device of destruction.

When I zero, I use the same bracing method and position as I would be firing as accurately as I can. Although I zero prone unsupported actually. Two elbows and a magazine are very stable though.

Things like sleds are meant for testing accuracy basically. I wouldn't zero with a bipod just to take it off either. Nor do I zero benched.

Currently zeroing my currently-in-use pistol at 50yd. Can't be sure what that's zeroing me at on the other side of the arch, but I'm only about 3" high at 100yd with that. Much faltter than I was seeing at what was supposed to be a 36/300yd zero. Still need to shoot at all the distances to see what it's doing, so I don't need to guess at all.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You can legally have a bipod on a pistol, just as long as it is not one of the vertical foregrip ones that the legs pop out of the bottom. The ruger charger pistol is a perfect example of a pistol that typically comes with a bipod. Then there are the Savage striker pistols that came in rifle calibers that typically had a bipod as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top