Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2016 7:23:09 PM EDT
Has anyone tried to put a QD on their blade?  I've got QD endplates on my pistols/rifles, but am wanting to move the connection back onto the blade like I can on my CTR stocks.  Was thinking of trying something like this: http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-buttstock-sling-mount-n-slot/
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 3:29:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I drilled a hole on my Shockwave Blade and mounted a Magpul #1 QD sling mount, Very stable.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 4:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
looks like a simple standard allen bolt.

for the KAK tube and the dimples, it would be nice to get an longer screw with maybe a thumb nut for speedy adjustability.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to lowe's, they had several that were usable,  5/16X18 threads, about 1.5" long. used my belt sander to taper the end.

The one on the left - screw that came with Blade
Middle - Thumb screw, shortened/Tapered/ Blued
Right - Knurled/Hex head

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
My biggest problem is that my sling gets very uncomfortable when tight. I use a padded VTAC on my rifles, and yes do use a forward qd mount on the handgaurds (I don't like the rear/next-to-receiver location).  Withought taking a picture or video, I guess if almost feels as though it's choking or interfering with my cheek/neck when used at the rear of the receiver below the receiver extension.  On my CTR/STR that goes away when using the opposite side on the stock.

I might have to try and drill and mount a magpul, was hoping to avoid a dedicated sling on each blade.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to lowe's, they had several that were usable,  5/16X18 threads, about 1.5" long. used my belt sander to taper the end.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp296/tsk5408/PICT0003_zpsuyvzw5j5.jpg

The one on the left - screw that came with Blade
Middle - Thumb screw, shortened/Tapered/ Blued
Right - Knurled/Hex head

View Quote

Middle one is perfect... This may be my small weekend go do project now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The Thumb Screw is the one I use regularly, It was Plain steel, 2" long, I cut it to proper length with a hacksaw, tapered the point on my belt sander, Dipped it in some cold blue and oiled. Lowe's had them in their specialty hardware section, 5/16X18 threads.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the info...

Also, I like the 9mm build. Very nice looking.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top