Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2016 1:29:14 PM EDT
Im cheap and already have a sig set up that my grandson uses, but the sig is bulky.  Being im cheap, its Black
friday and I'd like a shockwave, can i use the shockwave without buying a tube?

Alternately, if not can i buy the shockwave and tube and use my existing buffer parts?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
buffer and spring should be the same no matter if it's just a pistol buffer tube or the KAK etc..

as for interchangeability between the 2 braces, that answer is already there on the SHOCKWAVE website

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=1724

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
what I did was use electrical tape and built it up on the buffer tube until the shockwave fit snug than screwed the set screw.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I cut a section of bicycle inner tube to take up the space... Worked perfect......
Do yourself a favor and buy the proper tube,  you'll be happier spending the extra $20
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
On the plus side the super tube makes it easier to hit 26" OAL if you want to use a VFG.

With an 11.5" barrel and the KAK tube I came up short by 1/8"....
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, but your going to have to add several wraps of electrical tape to get it to the right size.  When I did it for a short time I had to add about 3/16" of electrical tape in three places to make it work.

The KAK tube is about $20
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top